ADVERTISEMENT

Who actually believes missing practice is Covid related?

Also, Breonna Taylor doesn't fit your narrative as being a convicted felon.
Isn’t that an entirely different scenario? I mean didn’t police burst into her home and shoot her in her home? Wasn’t like they were outside or in a public place or there was a misunderstanding or anything.

Though keep in mind I don’t read these stories or watch these videos so I could easily be missing something.

Isn’t that an entirely different scenario? I mean didn’t police burst into her home and shoot her in her home? Wasn’t like they were outside or in a public place or there was a misunderstanding or anything.

Though keep in mind I don’t read these stories or watch these videos so I could easily be missing something.

Yes but her shooting was a catalyst for the current BLM movement, and as @JCrab said:

People are going to get tired of this BLM stuff and eventually its going to blow up in their faces. ALL lives matter and from my point of view if you obey the law you'll have no problems

She was obeying the law, and still got shot.

I'll probably get shot for this but here goes. People are going to get tired of this BLM stuff and eventually its going to blow up in their faces. ALL lives matter and from my point of view if you obey the law you'll have no problems. Doesn't strike you as odd that every black shooting has involved a convicted felon who was resisting arrest when the event happened. Kids today need to understand if they get an education, work within the system, obey the laws then there will be no unequal justice.

It's amazing how the majority Bunker claims to be Christian, pro-America citizens, yet are adding exceptions to "thou shall not kill" and are now against peaceful protests.

It's amazing how the majority Bunker claims to be Christian, pro-America citizens, yet are adding exceptions to "thou shall not kill" and are now against peaceful protests.
As long as it's not on "Auburn's time. "

I hope they are protesting and all of the mental midgets ITT swap their allegiance to Liberty or BYU or some shit. AU’s fan base is pathetic.

Reactions: MatthewJ
Yes but her shooting was a catalyst for the current BLM movement, and as @JCrab said:

She was obeying the law, and still got shot.
“Obeying the law”? No, she was in her on home. Thats not comparable. Not even comprehensible.

Oh, and BLM was founded in 2013. And wasn’t George Floyd the catalyst for the current movement?

“Obeying the law”? No, she was in her on home. Thats not comparable.

Oh, and BLM was founded in 2013. And wasn’t George Floyd the catalyst for the current movement?

"Current" BLM movement, as in 2020.
"A" catalyst, as in not the only one.

Also, Breonna Taylor doesn't fit your narrative as being a convicted felon.
She was a victim of circumstance. The others contributed a lot more to what happened to them.

From what I have read about Breonna’s shooting, it happened because of the no-knock warrant. The police busted into her apartment and was greeted by gunshots from within by her boyfriend. Tragically, she was caught in the crossfire. There was no evidence she was shot because of her race or anything she did - the police were just returning gunfire and she was hit.

Should such a warrant have been issued? Maybe not. Are POC more likely to be affected by these warrants? Probably so. I am fine severely limiting these types of warrants but, in this situation, the police were doing their job. I’d much rather limit or eliminate these warrants than punish a cop or two who were put into an awful situation by a justice system who signed the warrant.

These warrants have caused the deaths of many people of all colors and ages - see below. As someone who leans libertarian, I am not a fan of how common these raids have become.

I'll probably get shot for this but here goes. People are going to get tired of this BLM stuff and eventually its going to blow up in their faces. ALL lives matter and from my point of view if you obey the law you'll have no problems. Doesn't strike you as odd that every black shooting has involved a convicted felon who was resisting arrest when the event happened. Kids today need to understand if they get an education, work within the system, obey the laws then there will be no unequal justice.
Philando Castile was not a convicted felon. He wasn’t resisting arrest. He wasn’t even non-compliant.

This thread is really saddening. To totally turn your back on a group of kids because they are supporting a cause that really should be universally supported... In a peaceful way... I just don't get it. And what's even weirder is that nearly no one on this site shares their perspective but still staunchly disagrees with... Something that I don't really understand. Damn guys. Just respect people's beliefs. Next time one of you believes strongly in something, imagine a huge group of people you thought had your back just turning on you. I'm sure it's a shitty, frustrating situation.

Breonna Taylor

Loyld was the catalyst. She was added to it, along with numerous others.
Really just depends on the city. Louisville, for obvious reasons, was ignited by new details (at the time) on the breonna Taylor case. The fact that we are even debating what the catalyst was says quite a bit imo.
the joke.gif
Hard to tell with some people. HIPAA has been wrongly thrown out in conversation by a lot of uneducated people lately.

Really just depends on the city. Louisville, for obvious reasons, was ignited by new details (at the time) on the breonna Taylor case. The fact that we are even debating what the catalyst was says quite a bit imo.

Hard to tell with some people. HIPAA has been wrongly thrown out in conversation by a lot of uneducated people lately.
So having a discussion is bad?

The fact we are discussing or debating what the catalyst was doesn’t saying anything. It’s what rational people are supposed to be able to do.

So having a discussion is bad?

The fact we are discussing or debating what the catalyst was doesn’t saying anything. It’s what rational people are supposed to be able to do.
I think you missed my point. I'm not saying anything about the merit of having a discussion about it. I am saying the fact that there are enough instances in such a small amount of time that we are debating which instances was the catalyst says a lot about the issue at hand.

I think you missed my point. I'm not saying anything about the merit of having a discussion about it. I am saying the fact that there are enough instances in such a small amount of time that we are debating which instances was the catalyst says a lot about the issue at hand.
How do the number of instances over X months compare to previous years?

Absolutely. They might as well hold up signs while they march stating they support rapist and unlawful citizens.

Reactions: AUPooch
Philando Castile was not a convicted felon. He wasn’t resisting arrest. He wasn’t even non-compliant.
I don’t disagree this case was bad and his death unwarranted but to make this a case for the BLM movement you should have to connect it to racism. The same situation happens to white people. Again, this does not justify it but I’ve never seen where that happened because he was black. No racist social media posts or comments he did it because of race unless I missed it. Also, the solution to stop that from happening is 100% better and much more training for police in order for them to not have a knee jerk reaction. Just my two cents...

Welp looks like I was correct on why the last two practices were missed.

ADVERTISEMENT