ADVERTISEMENT

Who actually believes missing practice is Covid related?

Those athletes of schools that are proceeding with sports attitudes have quickly changes from a cry of we just want to play, etc to now we have the opportunity to boycott etc. I say again, this is easy bc no/limited fans are involved.

If employees didn’t show for work or you don’t fulfill the obligations of a contract, what do most believe would happen? You get fired. That’s a crazy way of thinking today’s environment.

The response to the AU family post is going to cause Auburn some trouble. No idea if that’s the issue with practice or not, but there is about to be a pretty big wedge between the athletes and the Auburn “family” for a while

having said that, I’d wager it’s at least partially or mostly Covid related

It is my thought that many younger black kids have heard the courageous stories of the civil rights movement and the real sacrifices those pioneers did for the black cause and they are eager to try in their own way to participate.

Somehow, someway sports became the modern day vehicle for black athletes to show their support.

I believe that is ridiculous and doesn’t do justice to those that went before them but no one has called me to get my opinion.

However Obama evidently agrees with me as he reportedly told the nba players to play their games.

Maybe this attitude will filter out into the general public.

Reactions: Thrill and AUPIKE01
Until reported otherwise, I will believe it’s covid related. Why would you protest in private, it defeats the purpose.

Based on the reception of the Bunker if this is protest related, why wouldn't you protest in private? If the Bunker mindset of "well screw football if this is protest related" is the main mindset of the larger fan base, private protests makes the most sense.

AU athletics should say, “Fine. We were supposed to scrimmage today. If you’re protesting and taking off today, you will have no access today to the free meals in our dining hall and no tutors will be available”.

The response to the AU family post is going to cause Auburn some trouble. No idea if that’s the issue with practice or not, but there is about to be a pretty big wedge between the athletes and the Auburn “family” for a while

having said that, I’d wager it’s at least partially or mostly Covid related
But there’s been zero mention of Covid issues of late. I’ve been on the AUFamily Instagram site, and it is ugly ..... very ugly..... comments from Deshaun Davis, Harrell, and others .....

Y’all are smarter than this.
You’re right I am. It is a combo of virus results and some minor injuries. Don’t give into the craziness. If AU’s kids had walked out and not practicing as a protest you would hear it very loudly.

the coaches and team leadership are discussing appropriate means for joining the protests going around CFB in the country right now. May see something today.

Last edited:
I believe it’s Covid related. Because it is Covid related.

AU athletics should say, “Fine. We were supposed to scrimmage today. If you’re protesting and taking off today, you will have no access today to the free meals in our dining hall and no tutors will be available”.
And then that would spread like wildfire on social media, thereby killing recruiting and relegating AU to the bottom of the SEC. What a great plan you have.

I'll probably get shot for this but here goes. People are going to get tired of this BLM stuff and eventually its going to blow up in their faces. ALL lives matter and from my point of view if you obey the law you'll have no problems. Doesn't strike you as odd that every black shooting has involved a convicted felon who was resisting arrest when the event happened. Kids today need to understand if they get an education, work within the system, obey the laws then there will be no unequal justice.

Students, yes. Our players are sequestered and kept isolated.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Knotted Shorts
Y’all are smarter than this.
Well if you are protesting it’s to send a message to support the cause. If the protesters are not openly stating it’s a protest for said cause then nothing is or could possibly be accomplished by the act. I would think the protesters would understand that simple point. I’m skeptical of your theory. Seems like most of our guys want to play.

Reactions: jsmith5187
I'll probably get shot for this but here goes. People are going to get tired of this BLM stuff and eventually its going to blow up in their faces. ALL lives matter and from my point of view if you obey the law you'll have no problems. Doesn't strike you as odd that every black shooting has involved a convicted felon who was resisting arrest when the event happened. Kids today need to understand if they get an education, work within the system, obey the laws then there will be no unequal justice.
Good lord is this a parody of a Middle Aged White man in 1968?

Also, Breonna Taylor doesn't fit your narrative as being a convicted felon.

ADVERTISEMENT