ADVERTISEMENT

When is Malzahn going to address the elephant(s) in the room?

wayfarer63056

All-American
Nov 22, 2007
Being a very long time Auburn fan I cannot understand why Malzahn continues to act as if it is the Offense that is the issue. We have a secondary that with few exceptions cant defend against the pass, we have a defensive line that can barely stop a wheel chair. Rarely can a tackle wrap up and bring an opponent down. You cannot win games in the SEC without at least a resemblance of a defense which we do not. Ellis has turned into a huge disappointment in my opinion. It's time to start recruiting the defensive side of the ball a bit harder and possibly move Rocker and Ellis out. Just my opinion.

I really get a bit ill when Malzahn continues every week to spin the game the same way and never addresses the real issues which I pointed out. Not saying we need to boot him but there has to be a paradigm shift if we are to get better rather than stay in the 8-4, 7-5 range. Last year we had a decent defense but not of the quality Auburn was known for a decade ago.

I hear that Chizik and Muschamp are both available. Why not offer them the DC job? They were both good at that. HC? Not so much!!

What do you mean by that? I'm serious in that they were both outstanding DC's, but not so good as HC's. I would be happy to see either of them back as the AU DC. You wouldn't???

Also, you do realize that Rocker coaches for UGA, don't you?? So, what did you mean by move "Rocker" out?
This post was edited on 11/16 12:10 PM by AUav8r

This is what you get when you have a coach who's soul focus in offense. We went through it with Petrino.......Hell we could score with he best of them we just couldn't stop them from scoring. Petrino and Gus are cut from the same cloth nothing but offense, and no defense. Oh they will hire good defensive coaches but not recruit or allow them to recruit who they need.

We miss Dee Ford and Carl Lawson on defense in a huge way. Daniels has not stepped up at DE. Without pressure from the edges the OL can handle the DTs and the best secondary in the world can't cover all day.

Our run D was terrible yesterday. Chubb and Gurley and the ugh OL had their way.

ADVERTISEMENT