ADVERTISEMENT

What would be the best college football calendar?

kht2013

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2023
With conference expansion, I like the thought process of playing each team in the conference at least 2 times in a 4 year cycle. Also just saw a post where the SEC is leaning more towards a 9 game conference schedule (always thought that would happen eventually). I personally would have liked just to have 10 teams in the SEC (get rid of mizzou, a&m, vandy, and arky) then play every one once, and the winner of the regular season wins the league (no title game). That will never happen

How many games is too many? 9 conference games + SEC champ game + potentially 4 playoff games (for the loser of the SEC) is already 14 before any non-con games. Want to keep the meaningfulness of regular season college football games without teams resting players towards the end of the year (like NFL)

I like the 12 team playoff mainly for making December relevant (there was always a huge gap between important games). Under the current schedule, there is meaningful football from August 24 - Jan 20. 5 months out of the year is pretty solid when you compare to even a few years ago before week 0 was a thing. You were looking at labor day weekend, nothing most of December and one national champ game before/around jan 10th (3 months + 1 game)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News