ADVERTISEMENT

What are the expectations for AU next year?

SP105

First Round Draft Pick
Mar 20, 2009
Does Gus turn the corner or is this it for Malzahn? Will this be the year that the D actually has a pulse?

I got em down going 8-4

Loses

Clem
LSU
UGA
Bammer

Sure losses: Clemson, Alabama

boogs will be underdogs: LSU, Ole Miss, Georgia

Tossups: Texas A&M, Miss State, Arkansas

boogs will be favored: Vandy

Sure wins: Arkie State, LAMO, Alabama A&M

That looks like 5-7 wins, and since most of the tossup games are at home for the boogs, I'll go with 7-5.

That record is just enough to keep Harry at aubarn. To be honest, I don't think aubarn could afford his buyout so as long as he has a winning season, he's safe.

It is really hard to say. The first 4 games are brutal, and I think they will detrrmine the rest of the season. Go 1-3 in those games and things will get pretty damn ugly I am afraid. Go even 3-1 and 9 or 10 wins becomes a realistic possibility

8-4 until I hear better news about the QB situation.

8-4 until I hear better news about the QB situation.

You're going to to hear better news on the QB front. Harry will tailor the last 2 scrimmages so the QBs have big days. He does this every year and every year the boogs proclaim the start will win the Heisman. 2 years ago it was Marshall, last year it was Jeremy.

This year it will be the JUCO backup.

I got em down going 8-4

Loses

Clem
LSU
UGA
Bammer

I got Diego, Ghosty and Willy being hired by the SEC Network because of their collective futball knowledge and prognostication skill. They will sit beside the "retired" Ginny McElboy and boost his ego by mentioning his wonderlic score from time to time and fetch his coffee. After network coverage ends, they will all retire to bed together, listen to Sweet Home Alerbammer and stare at a poster of Saban above the bed.

Roooooow damn Thde Roooooowwww!
greg_mcelroy.jpg

Photo_Video_b4813586-7571-41b4-a950-c028fd9c36e8_orig.JPG

sidewalker sanctions is skeered to death of predicting aubarn's season. I even asked him to pick between aubarn winning more or less than 3 games and even that was too much for him to commit to.

boogs have no faith in their shitty coach.

Wins (5):
Arkansas State
LA-Mo
Arkansas
Vandy
Alabama a&M

Losses (2):
Clemson
Bama

Toss up:
aTm
LSU
@MSU
@OM
@UGA

Malzahn has to go at least 3-2 in the toss ups to secure his job. I think 8-4 he's probably safe, but they can't get drilled any of those 4 losses. Has to be similar to most of their 2015 losses (sans LSU, all were close games till end).

Realistically, aTm is in a similar turmoil as AU, so he should win that home game. LSU is great everywhere but QB (story of the Les Miles LSU era). I think AU likely loses this one. MSU loses the hero, Dak Prescott, but it's in Starkville where AU has struggled some. I still think AU out talents MSU here. @OM, in Oxford, very very tough. Probably going OM here. UGA is the last toss up game. The good news for UGA is it's in Athens, and AU has played bad in that series lately. I think ultimately Gus' fate is sealed with this game. No one will expect him to beat Bama, but if he beats UGA to get to 8 wins (possibly 9 with a bowl win), he's safe for another year.

***If he gets to stay with an 8-4 2016 season, he has to improve in 2017. At minimum 9-3, and one of those 9 likely needs to be vs Bama. An 8-4 '16 season may keep him safe, but seat is still warm heading into '17.

Wins (5):
Arkansas State
LA-Mo
Arkansas
Vandy
Alabama a&M

Losses (2):
Clemson
Bama

Toss up:
aTm
LSU
@MSU
@OM
@UGA

Malzahn has to go at least 3-2 in the toss ups to secure his job. I think 8-4 he's probably safe, but they can't get drilled any of those 4 losses. Has to be similar to most of their 2015 losses (sans LSU, all were close games till end).

Realistically, aTm is in a similar turmoil as AU, so he should win that home game. LSU is great everywhere but QB (story of the Les Miles LSU era). I think AU likely loses this one. MSU loses the hero, Dak Prescott, but it's in Starkville where AU has struggled some. I still think AU out talents MSU here. @OM, in Oxford, very very tough. Probably going OM here. UGA is the last toss up game. The good news for UGA is it's in Athens, and AU has played bad in that series lately. I think ultimately Gus' fate is sealed with this game. No one will expect him to beat Bama, but if he beats UGA to get to 8 wins (possibly 9 with a bowl win), he's safe for another year.

***If he gets to stay with an 8-4 2016 season, he has to improve in 2017. At minimum 9-3, and one of those 9 likely needs to be vs Bama. An 8-4 '16 season may keep him safe, but seat is still warm heading into '17.

This is going to be an interesting year in the West as Auburn, A&M, Arkansas and LSU all have to have decent seasons or heads will roll. And they all can't, so some coaches will be losing their jobs in the fall.

Will be fun to watch the drama.

I got em down going 8-4

Loses

Clem
LSU
UGA
Bammer

Still feel this way after Saturday?

8 wins would be great for Gus. I just don't see it happening. I think max this team will win 6. Defense should be able to give us a shot at 7.

Offense is going to be worst than last year. Lack of O line, lack of depth at RB plus teams daring our QBs to throw, lack of receivers, no QB, obviously we will have trouble in the red zone, Carlson should do enough to get noticed by a NFL team.

Still feel this way after Saturday?

8 wins would be great for Gus. I just don't see it happening. I think max this team will win 6. Defense should be able to give us a shot at 7.

Offense is going to be worst than last year. Lack of O line, lack of depth at RB plus teams daring our QBs to throw, lack of receivers, no QB, obviously we will have trouble in the red zone, Carlson should do enough to get noticed by a NFL team.

Havent had a chance to watch it yet. If Leff ends up being the RT then yeah I could only see 6.

Saturday was pretty bad. Gus put the starters vs the backups in a clear attempt to develop confidence in the starters. Still, the starters on offense struggled mightily against the backups on defense. Sean White is clearly the only Div-1 QB on the roster.

And of course the DL looked good, they were going against the backups, and I honestly don't think auburn has 10 scholarshipped OL so Lawson and Adams were probably going against some walkons.

I have re-adjusted my expectations down to 6 wins. The boogs will have to improve seriously if they want to have a winning season.

Havent had a chance to watch it yet. If Leff ends up being the RT then yeah I could only see 6.

Sadly I didn't pay attention to the individuals on the o line. Almost certain Golson was at LT with the 1s but not sure who played RT. I did notice how bad we were when the linemen pulled just couldn't tell you who they were

You are making way too big a deal over a spring game. I remember watching the spring game when Cam played and there was no indication he would become what he later became. If anything, I would feel better about the running backs after the game anyway

Living so far away, I didn't have the chance to go to our A-Day game...But, from what I've read it doesn't sound too promising. I believe that our defense will be improved, but with the O-line and the QB situation, our offense could be painful to watch again. Only time will tell, but I'm not betting the farm on a National Championship this year. Ha-ha!!!

Living so far away, I didn't have the chance to go to our A-Day game...But, from what I've read it doesn't sound too promising. I believe that our defense will be improved, but with the O-line and the QB situation, our offense could be painful to watch again. Only time will tell, but I'm not betting the farm on a National Championship this year. Ha-ha!!!
Stick to more of the facts contained in this post and I won't give you grief. B+

Why are almost all of your posts to/about Billy? You are embarrassing the actual Auburn graduates here.
Why are you here on an Auburn message board DAILY? Is your life so pathetic that you have to camp on the message board of a school that you can't stand? I like making fun of him. He's a bammer sidewalk who, like you, spends hours on a rival's message board. Maybe you two should hook up and drink a Natty lite together and talk about your love for Saban? I bet he'd love that and I'm guessing that it's your kinda thing too!!

ADVERTISEMENT