ADVERTISEMENT

What’s your opinion of this artlcle?

I have a friend who sent me the article. He believes Ivermectin is a miracle drug. He claims to have first hand knowledge of it working in several close people, including his sister and brother in law just 2 weeks ago. He’s trying to get some to keep on hand. He claims the government is going to ban it because it works. Hospitals and Pharmaceutical companies will lose billions if everyone has access to Ivermectin. How can you reason with people that have beliefs like this?

Reactions: stevesawbone
I have a friend who sent me the article. He believes Ivermectin is a miracle drug. He claims to have first hand knowledge of it working in several close people, including his sister and brother in law just 2 weeks ago. He’s trying to get some to keep on hand. He claims the government is going to ban it because it works. Hospitals and Pharmaceutical companies will lose billions if everyone has access to Ivermectin. How can you reason with people that have beliefs like this?

You don’t. I know a guy worth over $10 million who is not getting vaccinated and neither is his wife but they are taking ivermectin daily just in case they catch Covid.

You don’t. I know a guy worth over $10 million who is not getting vaccinated and neither is his wife but they are taking ivermectin daily just in case they catch Covid.
The friend I’m talking about is my business partner. He also believes there is a cure for cancer and the government is hiding it. I tried to reason with him and say there’s no possible way you could keep that a secret. Someone would let it out to save lives but he says no, there’s too many evil people and it’s all about money.
He says I’m naive. I just can’t believe there are people that are that stupid and believe that.

The friend I’m talking about is my business partner. He also believes there is a cure for cancer and the government is hiding it. I tried to reason with him and say there’s no possible way you could keep that a secret. Someone would let it out to save lives but he says no, there’s too many evil people and it’s all about money.
He says I’m naive. I just can’t believe there are people that are that stupid and believe that.

Are you in a 50/50 partnership or S Corp?

Neither. Our accountant changed us to an SCorp years ago for tax purposes. We’ve never declared what our titles were. I’ve never been asked. What does this have to do with his bizarre beliefs

This type of misinformation is sad, and should not be allowed. We attack and remove things that don't reach this level on the "other side" of things if they are even remotely thought to be discouraging the vaccines, but then turnaround and allow this level on anything that might help manage the pandemic. This is a likely reason we haven't made more progress. We are restricting solutions, and forcing everything to a single solution.

Reactions: TBFan
This type of misinformation is sad, and should not be allowed. We attack and remove things that don't reach this level on the "other side" of things if they are even remotely thought to be discouraging the vaccines, but then turnaround and allow this level on anything that might help manage the pandemic. This is a likely reason we haven't made more progress. We are restricting solutions, and forcing everything to a single solution.
You're so incredibly wrong it hurts my brain.

Just lay off this subject and let it pass.

The only misinformation hurting us right now is that of people screaming how dangerous and unproven the vaccines are. (you among them)

You don't realize that you are the one stomping up threads.

You're so incredibly wrong it hurts my brain.

Just lay off this subject and let it pass.

The only misinformation hurting us right now is that of people screaming how dangerous and unproven the vaccines are. (you among them)

You don't realize that you are the one stomping up threads.

All kinds of misinformation is bad. You and others views are largely not your own, but you've been manipulated to such an extreme, that you don't realize that you only see one-side of things. You think it's only misinformation if it's against the vaccine. I'm the one who was "screaming about fully vaccinated folks potentially being a huge source of hidden spread, potentially leading to a surge, and that's exactly what happened, so I might need to keep talking so that it gets into the right channels and we have a better chance of surfacing important considerations and info that is being suppressed.

Also, please go get a few of the posts where I'm saying the vaccine is dangerous. It's a VERY important fact that we have ZERO data for the mid-term and long-term, and you can't do real science without data. It's just amazing that otherwise intelligent folks could be swami'ed into not realizing this.

All kinds of misinformation is bad. You and others views are largely not your own, but you've been manipulated to such an extreme, that you don't realize that you only see one-side of things. You think it's only misinformation if it's against the vaccine. I'm the one who was "screaming about fully vaccinated folks potentially being a huge source of hidden spread, potentially leading to a surge, and that's exactly what happened, so I might need to keep talking so that it gets into the right channels and we have a better chance of surfacing important considerations and info that is being suppressed.

Also, please go get a few of the posts where I'm saying the vaccine is dangerous. It's a VERY important fact that we have ZERO data for the mid-term and long-term, and you can't do real science without data. It's just amazing that otherwise intelligent folks could be swami'ed into not realizing this.
No dude. I'm not being manipulated.

This is a very basic calculation that you seem obsessed with making complicated.

You're wrong.

That's all.

No dude. I'm not being manipulated.

This is a very basic calculation that you seem obsessed with making complicated.

You're wrong.

That's all.

Please. Take some time if necessary, and articulate exactly why you feel I'm wrong to advocate that we change and take an approach embodying full disclosure, openness and honesty where balanced and objective information is shared, so that everyone can make an informed decision.

One where every viable solution is evaluated fairly so that we can get humanity/mankind through to the other side of this thing in the BEST overall condition possible.

I can NOT understand how anyone can take exception with that, but I would truly love someone to clearly articulate it and show me why I'm wrong so that I can stop immediately, if that is indeed hurting humanity instead of helping. I'd love to hear your, and any other rational person's thoughts.

Please. Take some time if necessary, and articulate exactly why you feel I'm wrong to advocate that we change and take an approach embodying full disclosure, openness and honesty where balanced and objective information is shared, so that everyone can make an informed decision.

One where every viable solution is evaluated fairly so that we can get humanity/mankind through to the other side of this thing in the BEST overall condition possible.

I can NOT understand how anyone can take exception with that, but I would truly love someone to clearly articulate it and show me why I'm wrong so that I can stop immediately, if that is indeed hurting humanity instead of helping. I'd love to hear your, and any other rational person's thoughts.
You think these words make sense.

Reactions: Stumpfan
I trust the doctors more than the people benefitting from the sale of the vaccines. Ivermectin works, as does hydroxychloroquine, and other therapeutics. There are too many doctors who have treated their patients with these drugs and seen success, sometimes bringing people back from the brink of death, to ignore. Plus, the therapeutics are there to treat COVID AFTER the fact; whereas, the vaccines are there to prevent serious side effects from COVID. Yet, the onslaught of negative press against therapeutics continues. Pretty amazing actually, until you realize the media owes allegiance to whomever pays their bills, of whom the pharmaceutical companies are some of the largest contributors. So not really that much of a surprise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT