ADVERTISEMENT

Wendy’s Arsonist

It is absolutely germane to the conversation. His history of criminal activity speaks volumes to why he did what he did that day and that ultimately cost him his life. The media made it sound like was a volunteer social workers was on the way to pick up his daughters and was murdered. In reality a criminal who was going back to prison assaulted some police officers. His past was part of the issue and should be mentioned.
The GAT DAMN Germans ain’t got nothing to do with it!!!

That isn't lost on me, but I just sort of have a problem when smear campaigns start. Just let the facts speak for themselves. Don't defect from the issues at hand and have outlets publish stories as to how they "found weed" in Jean Botham's apartment etc. It's all about trying to sully someone's reputation and diminish support for them while painting them as a bad actor.

It's awful if he was cheating on his wife, (as he indicated), or Jean Botham was smoking some weed, but that shouldn't factor in unless it's pertinent to the case. What Rayshard Brooks did was bad enough to stand on it's on. He was extremely wrong, (though that doesn't mean that he automatically deserved a death sentence and should have been killed), but he was definitely WAAAAAaay in the wrong. Just let the facts speak for themselves without the sullying campaign unless those facts are pertinent to whether he should have had deadly force used against him. (JMHO).
It's awful for someone to smoke weed?

Reactions: GloryDays2012
That isn't lost on me, but I just sort of have a problem when smear campaigns start. Just let the facts speak for themselves. Don't defect from the issues at hand and have outlets publish stories as to how they "found weed" in Jean Botham's apartment etc. It's all about trying to sully someone's reputation and diminish support for them while painting them as a bad actor.

It's awful if he was cheating on his wife, (as he indicated), or Jean Botham was smoking some weed, but that shouldn't factor in unless it's pertinent to the case. What Rayshard Brooks did was bad enough to stand on it's on. He was extremely wrong, (though that doesn't mean that he automatically deserved a death sentence and should have been killed), but he was definitely WAAAAAaay in the wrong. Just let the facts speak for themselves without the sullying campaign unless those facts are pertinent to whether he should have had deadly force used against him. (JMHO).

I’d usually agree, but she (allegedly) committed her own felony. She’s made her connection to this situation relevant.

Reactions: alphatiger08
Man, lots of God-fearing people have paramours. Get real.

Piss drunk, asleep in a Wendy’s drive though, resisting arrest and attempting to taze an officer on the night before your kids bday. Side girl showing up to burn Wendy’s down. JGT don’t let ‘getting real’ get in the way of the reality of what happened here.

Im actually unaware of other ‘God-fearing’ individuals who have had this exact scenario play out. This shouldn’t have anything to do with race either, but that’s where we are as a nation. Every cop is guilty of racism until proven innocent.

Reactions: Gusmus
It is absolutely germane to the conversation. His history of criminal activity speaks volumes to why he did what he did that day and that ultimately cost him his life. The media made it sound like was a volunteer social workers that was on the way to pick up his daughters and was murdered. In reality a criminal who was going back to prison assaulted some police officers. His past was part of the issue and should be mentioned.

So at this point in the investigation, how will it help prove or disprove whether he committed a crime that night? Whether he was drunk, fought with the officers or most importantly, whether deadly force will be used. Those are the things that I see as germane to the case, so you can help me understand if you feel the revelation had nothing to do with sullying his character using the typical playbook, but was only mentioned because it's germane to the conversation as to whether deadly force should have been used that that juncture, (and of course, I don't believe they should have charged the officer with felony murder).

I’d usually agree, but she (allegedly) committed her own felony. She’s made her connection to this situation relevant.

I get that, and if it turns out that she really did burn the place down, then it's completely different. In the video that I've seen, I saw more Antifa/supremacist plant looking dudes pouring some liquid through a broken window and then firing all kinds of fireworks into the building, (but of course, she could have been there first, or been among the crowd).

I'm simply saying that what he did wrong was obvious, and stands on its own, and I just hate to see when that playbook is rolled out and it dupes people, (just the same as when the exaggerated "he was a shining church choir boy" lie is used by those opposing a death). Just tell the truth and allow it to stand on its own.

Reactions: kenews
It's awful for someone to smoke weed?

I mentioned it because it was what they used to sully Jean Botham's character, even though on the surface it appeared that an officer he might have had a neighbor's spat with over noise got pissed and blew him away saying she thought she was at her apartment. They went to the playbook instead of focusing on the essential facts relevant to the case and I think that is wrong.

That said, May-J is still illegal in most states, and prolonged smoking of anything is likely bad for the lungs and body in general. I used to really enjoy me some weed, so I have to watch myself on this one and sometimes wish it were a "good" thing, but I personally had to let that go. Drug use in general should be discouraged as distorting reality does nothing to address or change the reality we are escaping from, right?

It's awful if he was cheating on his wife, (as he indicated), or Jean Botham was smoking some weed, but that shouldn't factor in unless it's pertinent to the case. What Rayshard Brooks did should be allowed to stand on it's on. He was wrong, (though that doesn't mean that he automatically deserved a death sentence and should have been killed), but he was definitely WAAAAAaay across the line and they don't need to add the "defame his character" playbook. Just let the facts speak for themselves without the sullying campaign unless those facts are pertinent to whether deadly force should have been used against him. (JMHO).
First off, this thread was about the woman who started the fire. As for Brooks, the facts speaking for themselves have an innocent cop sitting behind bars without bond because the DA is abusing his power... so maybe everyone isn’t ready to let the facts play out.

First off, this thread was about the woman who started the fire. As for Brooks, the facts speaking for themselves have an innocent cop sitting behind bars without bond because the DA is abusing his power... so maybe everyone isn’t ready to let the facts play out.
That cop did not BOND OUT?????????????????
DAYUM!! I ain't know dat. Thatz TARRIBULLL!!

Drug use in general should be discouraged as distorting reality does nothing to address or change the reality we are escaping from, right?

Wrong. You can still face the reality, but since it is distorted it isn't as bad. An example would cleaning up after a party when you are still drunk. That is a whole lot more fun then if you wait until the morning. Also, there was a Harvard study that found drunk people are better at creative problem solving.

I wish everyone were able to evaluate this thing objectively, be certain to talk about why his case is different and shouldn't be lumped in with others, while also seeing if we might learn from it and have better procedure/instruction for future incidents. I do NOT believe the officer should be charged with felony murder. It's just awful to start a politically charged smear campaign to try and discredit the folks trying to make him out to be a martyr. IMHO, there are better ways to counter incorrect information, (on both sides of these issues).

This. As someone that lives about a mile from that Wendy’s, I want the facts relied on more than most as it was immediately obvious a mishandling of the case could bring down disaster (cops walking off and/or even more violent rioting) for the immediate area but also much of Atlanta.

The DA made it clear he had no interest in the facts though, and many in the surrounding neighborhoods have taken an emotional stance aligning it with the Floyd situation - much of that driven by the picture painted in the media of an innocent family man and clips from the DA’s press conference stating he was never a threat, etc. We are now set up for the worst of both worlds where the police can’t trust the city to stand behind their own training and guidelines...and the city is unlikely to get a conviction (at least on the more serious charges), so we will have to deal with this “outrage” all over again whenever that happens.

The response as soon as it was discovered it was likely a white girl/white women that started it really ramped things up over there (not to mention the flurry of rather interesting posts on Nextdoor/Neighborhood facebook groups, etc) and has lead to two people being shot in the last few days since that came out. You can imagine the silence since this girlfriend connection has come out as I haven’t seen or heard anyone in the neighborhoods mention it.

Sure, there is a chance the woman in the video just happens to have the same name as the girlfriend he references. But the odds are quite small. I still haven’t seen a video with definitive proof she “started” it, but it is clear she at least tried to several times and likely contributed, if nothing else.

TLDR, all the facts are relevant and should be on the table in this one given the potential destruction caused to the city as a result of how it is handled. 100% objectivity isn’t likely, but IMO the side “supporting” the police is at least willing to have a real dialogue about things (how we can stand behind the officer here but also ways it could be prevented next time) whereas the other side is more irrational and in many cases condoning the ongoing destruction/violence - specifically at that location and up into Midtown.

Is being the side piece for a wife-beating child-abusing felon, a better job than Assistant Crack Whore?

Was her trajectory upwards or downwards before this incendiary setback?

It's irresponsible to jump to conclusions and pump this as a fact, that she's "BELIEVED" to be his girlfriend etc. Folks who push narratives like this typically have agenda's and they are a huge part of the problem. That said, it wouldn't/shouldn't be a huge surprise if he had a girlfriend. We don't know much about him, and what we do know shouldn't have led anyone to believe he was trying to follow in Ghandi's footsteps, so it's not surprising that he might be doing a lot of the same things that many of you are doing yourselves. I'm also not sure how this is key to changing any of the facts of his situation.

I wish everyone were able to evaluate this thing objectively, be certain to talk about why his case is different and shouldn't be lumped in with others, while also seeing if we might learn from it and have better procedure/instruction for future incidents. I do NOT believe the officer should be charged with felony murder. It's just awful to start a politically charged smear campaign to try and discredit the folks trying to make him out to be a martyr. IMHO, there are better ways to counter incorrect information, (on both sides of these issues).
Welcome to the bunker. If it's anything it's consistent.

Reactions: au4life_rz
Is being the side piece for a wife-beating child-abusing felon, a better job than Assistant Crack Whore?

Was her trajectory upwards or downwards before this incendiary setback?
I bet Jesus is so proud of you.

So at this point in the investigation, how will it help prove or disprove whether he committed a crime that night? Whether he was drunk, fought with the officers or most importantly, whether deadly force will be used. Those are the things that I see as germane to the case, so you can help me understand if you feel the revelation had nothing to do with sullying his character using the typical playbook, but was only mentioned because it's germane to the conversation as to whether deadly force should have been used that that juncture, (and of course, I don't believe they should have charged the officer with felony murder).
So a felon will get worse treatment in the court of people's minds and in our real courts than someone who has no arrest record and is a volunteer mentor on weekends. It is life and the way it goes. He was a felon and as such it helps investigators understand who he is an what he was thinking. He clearly made a lot of bad choices in life. He already assaulted other people. So his past is germane in the investigation.

Okay, then my bad. I didn't know they'd already determined that she started the fire. I read it quickly, but I thought they were only saying that she was a person of interest, not that she had done it. If they know she did it, that changes things, but my larger point was about letting facts speak for themselves without resorting to the typical ridiculous playbook where they impugn folks character to manipulate public opinion. That larger point still stands.

Also, just because one group makes a stupid move and fails to let the facts determine the outcome, doesn't mean that others should jump in and start playing the same stupid game. It's just a doubling-down of stupidity, and gets us further away from where we need to be to resolve these things in the best manner possible. Folks need to think before they post, and be more objective/balanced.

Wrong. You can still face the reality, but since it is distorted it isn't as bad. An example would cleaning up after a party when you are still drunk. That is a whole lot more fun then if you wait until the morning. Also, there was a Harvard study that found drunk people are better at creative problem solving.

No. Dealing with reality and managing it in the clearest state of mind is in all likelihood best. Blunting reality does NOT help one manage it in the best way possible. We take actions and act like it isn't there, but it's just going on, and growing deeper in most cases. You come down, sober up, and the problem is still there, except it's just worse.

I used to LOVE me some chemicals, but clarity and dealing with reality is best. Getting high is a form of gold-bricking a turd. It may look like gold, but you're only fooling/deluding yourself.

This. As someone that lives about a mile from that Wendy’s, I want the facts relied on more than most as it was immediately obvious a mishandling of the case could bring down disaster (cops walking off and/or even more violent rioting) for the immediate area but also much of Atlanta.

The DA made it clear he had no interest in the facts though, and many in the surrounding neighborhoods have taken an emotional stance aligning it with the Floyd situation - much of that driven by the picture painted in the media of an innocent family man and clips from the DA’s press conference stating he was never a threat, etc. We are now set up for the worst of both worlds where the police can’t trust the city to stand behind their own training and guidelines...and the city is unlikely to get a conviction (at least on the more serious charges), so we will have to deal with this “outrage” all over again whenever that happens.

The response as soon as it was discovered it was likely a white girl/white women that started it really ramped things up over there (not to mention the flurry of rather interesting posts on Nextdoor/Neighborhood facebook groups, etc) and has lead to two people being shot in the last few days since that came out. You can imagine the silence since this girlfriend connection has come out as I haven’t seen or heard anyone in the neighborhoods mention it.

Sure, there is a chance the woman in the video just happens to have the same name as the girlfriend he references. But the odds are quite small. I still haven’t seen a video with definitive proof she “started” it, but it is clear she at least tried to several times and likely contributed, if nothing else.

TLDR, all the facts are relevant and should be on the table in this one given the potential destruction caused to the city as a result of how it is handled. 100% objectivity isn’t likely, but IMO the side “supporting” the police is at least willing to have a real dialogue about things (how we can stand behind the officer here but also ways it could be prevented next time) whereas the other side is more irrational and in many cases condoning the ongoing destruction/violence - specifically at that location and up into Midtown.

I HOPE and pray that the facts and objective behavior will prevail. Look, I understand the intense emotional responses, but I'm encouraging everyone that I can to PLEASE look at what happened objectively. I don't understand folks automatically lumping this one in to the Walter Scott to Floyd type cases, and it's soooooo discouraging and confusing. I have to believe that some of the stars chiming in, haven't taken the time to look at the video. I get that we are going to have a discussion giving the juncture in the incident that deadly force was used, but again, it's crazy to lump this one in with the others where someone was killed under questionable and/or clearly wrong circumstances.

No. Dealing with reality and managing it in the clearest state of mind is in all likelihood best. Blunting reality does NOT help one manage it in the best way possible. We take actions and act like it isn't there, but it's just going on, and growing deeper in most cases. You come down, sober up, and the problem is still there, except it's just worse.

I used to LOVE me some chemicals, but clarity and dealing with reality is best. Getting high is a form of gold-bricking a turd. It may look like gold, but you're only fooling/deluding yourself.
It makes mowing the lawn much more tolerable.

Reactions: AU_MBA
So a felon will get worse treatment in the court of people's minds and in our real courts than someone who has no arrest record and is a volunteer mentor on weekends. It is life and the way it goes. He was a felon and as such it helps investigators understand who he is an what he was thinking. He clearly made a lot of bad choices in life. He already assaulted other people. So his past is germane in the investigation.

Vanceme. Please stop trying to conflate his general past, and this loose story likely only intended to sully his character. The article was about him potentially having a girlfriend. @alphatiger08 indicates they are pretty sure that she started it, so if that's the case, it changes things, but in lieu of them knowing, it's irresponsible for him to post it, and IMHO, better to just deal facts instead of resorting to this type of trickery intended to manipulate those in the public who can't pick up on the deception and purpose.

This isn't me in ANY way saying that his felonious background doesn't matter, nor me saying that he should be white-washed and elevated to martyr, and I CERTAINLY didn't in anyway indicate that he should be treated better than the cop. You are in essence lying and don't seem to be able to grasp and/or discuss what I'm saying. It's COMPLETELY stupid to indicate that because he's a felon, and the cop had never been arrested and volunteered on the weekend, he should be allowed to use deadly force with no further evaluation to see if we might learn something to allow us to better police the community and manage these things going forward.

I mean, you disqualify your entire case by advocating we ignore facts, and let surface level observations rule the day. I'm saying the EXACT opposite. Filter through the fake news, manipulative narratives, and LET THE FACTS determine the case. Anyone should be able to watch that video and determine the general situation. Where there will be some debate, is whether deadly force should have been used at that particular juncture of the incident. Everything else regarding him being dead wrong is pretty clear. Please consider allowing the use of facts in the future and not rushing to judge and make a ruling simply because "one is a felon and one volunteered on weekends" type crap. There has been hundreds of years of wrong and domestic terrorism allowed under such surface level observations and it's extremely scary and hurtful for those who lost family members to that type of legal terrorism.

It makes mowing the lawn much more tolerable.

Eh. There's no doubt that it makes a lot of things more tolerable. I'm just commenting on whether it's a good thing in the bigger picture scenario and good for your body. If I were not trying to change and live a life that's circumspect before God, I'd CERTAINLY still be blazing up, (for real-doh). Oh my gosh it used to help me just chill out......However, as I've matured and gained perspective, I have learned that it's not good to blunt reality with any chemical, (alcohol, weed or harder substances), and act as if it isn't there. Now, I try to man up and just deal with it in the best manner possible by managing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: auburnra
I HOPE and pray that the facts and objective behavior will prevail. Look, I understand the intense emotional responses, but I'm encouraging everyone that I can to PLEASE look at what happened objectively. I don't understand folks automatically lumping this one in to the Walter Scott to Floyd type cases, and it's soooooo discouraging and confusing. I have to believe that some of the stars chiming in, haven't taken the time to look at the video. I get that we are going to have a discussion giving the juncture in the incident that deadly force was used, but again, it's crazy to lump this one in with the others where someone was killed under questionable and/or clearly wrong circumstances.

It seems like we generally agree. So I’m curious - what are your thoughts on the mayor publicly declaring it a murder the following morning? And the DA being willing to (over)charge with apparently little to no info from the GBI investigation (while also telling several apparent lies during the press conference)?

Because it would seem to me if those two are willing to go that far to push that side of the agenda, why are we to expect anyone else would look at facts? Be it celebrities, protestors, message boarders, etc...

I personally see the situation ending very poorly for the DA and mayor, but especially the DA.

Vanceme. Please stop trying to conflate his general past, and this loose story likely only intended to sully his character. The article was about him potentially having a girlfriend. @alphatiger08 indicates they are pretty sure that she started it, so if that's the case, it changes things, but in lieu of them knowing, it's irresponsible for him to post it, and IMHO, better to just deal facts instead of resorting to this type of trickery intended to manipulate those in the public who can't pick up on the deception and purpose.

This isn't me in ANY way saying that his felonious background doesn't matter, nor me saying that he should be white-washed and elevated to martyr, and I CERTAINLY didn't in anyway indicate that he should be treated better than the cop. You are in essence lying and don't seem to be able to grasp and/or discuss what I'm saying. It's COMPLETELY stupid to indicate that because he's a felon, and the cop had never been arrested and volunteered on the weekend, he should be allowed to use deadly force with no further evaluation to see if we might learn something to allow us to better police the community and manage these things going forward.

I mean, you disqualify your entire case by advocating we ignore facts, and let surface level observations rule the day. I'm saying the EXACT opposite. Filter through the fake news, manipulative narratives, and LET THE FACTS determine the case. Anyone should be able to watch that video and determine the general situation. Where there will be some debate, is whether deadly force should have been used at that particular juncture of the incident. Everything else regarding him being dead wrong is pretty clear. Please consider allowing the use of facts in the future and not rushing to judge and make a ruling simply because "one is a felon and one volunteered on weekends" type crap. There has been hundreds of years of wrong and domestic terrorism allowed under such surface level observations and it's extremely scary and hurtful for those who lost family members to that type of legal terrorism.
Pretty sure she started it to the point where they’ve had a warrant out for her arrest since Friday or Saturday... the only thing that isn’t believed to be 100% certain is whether or not this is his girlfriend who shares the same name... I think you’re taking a joke a little too seriously... a joke about the dilemma the wife is facing whether to support the Wendy’s being burned down in memory of her husband, or if she begrudges the girlfriend enough to hope she’s convicted of burning it down...

Reactions: ricedp105
So he loved his wife and kids and was a great family man but had a girl friend in the side?
This may help you understand him.
Atlanta Police Shooting: Rayshard Brooks Out on Parole; Past Crimes Include Cruelty to Children, Family Violence-Battery, Theft, Credit Card Fraud & More
15MondayJun 2020
APD, Atlanta police department, Brosnan, child abuse, Child cruelty, credit card fraud, Criminal past, cruelty to child, false imprisonment, Family violence battery, Felony cruelty, Garrett Rolfe, incarceration history, marijuana, obstruction of law enforcement officer, Probation, Rayshard Brooks, Rayshard Brooks criminal, simple battery, speeding, theft, Wendy's shooting

Atlanta police shooting of Rayshard Brooks breakdown“:
As can be seen, in the above video, Rayshard did indeed shoot the taser at Officer Rolfe.

Did his history of crime show up on the Atlanta PD computers? If so, Officers Rolfe and Brosnan knew how dangerous he was. Why didn’t they call for backup? Was the backup late to arrive? Or was there a data base failure?
Rayshard Brooks partial rap sheet of past crimes (more further below). We were unable to find who he held against their will (false imprisonment) – Wife? Girlfriend? Child? He appears to have been given an easy sentence with only a year in jail and 6 years of parole. However, he did credit card fraud, while on probation, and was apparently sent back to jail, and released back on parole in January.
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION
YOB: 1993
RACE: BLACK
HEIGHT: 5’07”
WEIGHT: 185
EYE COLOR: BROWN
HAIR COLOR: BLACK

SCARS, MARKS, TATTOOS
INCARCERATION DETAILS
MAJOR OFFENSE: FALSE IMPRISONMENT
MOST RECENT INSTITUTION: MITCHELL COUNTY CI
MAX POSSIBLE RELEASE DATE: 12/23/2014
Important Release Information
ACTUAL RELEASE DATE: 12/23/2014
CURRENT STATUS: INACTIVE

KNOWN ALIASES
A.K.A. BROOKS,RAGSHARD
A.K.A. BROOKS,RASHAD
A.K.A. BROOKS,RAY ANTONIO
A.K.A. BROOKS,RAY POZ
A.K.A. BROOKS,RAYSARD
A.K.A. BROOKS,RAYSHARD

STATE OF GEORGIA – CURRENT SENTENCES
CASE NO: 794205
OFFENSE: simple battery
CONVICTION COUNTY: CLAYTON COUNTY
CRIME COMMIT DATE: 03/31/2014
SENTENCE LENGTH: 0 YEARS, 12 MONTHS, 0 DAYS

OFFENSE: cruelty to children

OFFENSE: FALSE IMPRISONMENT
SENTENCE LENGTH: 7 YEARS, 0 MONTHS, 0 DAYS

OFFENfSE: family violence battery

OFFENSE: THEFT BY REC STOLEN PROP
CRIME COMMIT DATE: 03/02/2013
SENTENCE LENGTH: 7 YEARS, 0 MONTHS, 0 DAYS

OFFENSE: CRMNL INTERFERE GOVT PROP
SENTENCE LENGTH: 5 YEARS, 0 MONTHS, 0 DAYS

OFFENSE: obstr of law enf officer
STATE OF GEORGIA – PRIOR SENTENCES
STATE OF GEORGIA – INCARCERATION HISTORY
INCARCERATION BEGIN: 08/29/2014
INCARCERATION END: 12/23/2014

http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/GDC/Offender/Query
See too: https://www.claytoncountyga.gov/government/courts/court-case-inquiry

Our partial summary of his shooting:
Rayshard Brooks was parked in line in the Wendy’s drive-thru with his vehicle still running (operating). Even after almost an hour of officers patiently talking with him, Brooks’ blood alcohol level stood at 0.108. At that level he could, for instance, have trouble braking. At 0.10, there is “Reduced ability to maintain lane position and brake appropriately”. https://www.nhtsa.gov/campaign/drive-sober When Officer Officer Brosnan had him park to the side, he failed to brake and drove up on the grass, before the officer helped him back up. Because he was unfit to drive (or walk about lost), the officers were trying to handcuff him-put under arrest. (If they didn’t know he was out of prison on parole, then there is a major defect in their computer system.) Meanwhile, after rolling over and tackling Officer Brosnan, Brooks reportedly punched Officer Rolfe, as well as stealing Brosnan’s taser. Officer Rolfe seems to have discharged his own taser three times, in an attempt to stop Rayshard Brooks. As he chased Brooks, he changed the hand his taser was held in, in order to free his hand for his gun (he probably ran out of taser rounds). Brooks immediately turns around and discharges the taser toward Rolfe over the red car. Rolfe rolls (or fell) across the side of the red car and appears to use the trunk for support and shoots Rayshard Brooks with his gun. While Officer Rolfe was probably out of Taser shots, Brooks would have one or two more, and could tase and incapacitate Rolfe and take his gun.

The county rap sheet includes credit card fraud in 2016.

https://www.claytoncountyga.gov/government/courts/court-case-inquiry

http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/GDC/Offender/Query

We were unable to find the original source of this screen shot. However, it shows an early DUI:

HT GeauxMedic: https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant...rayshard-brooks-resisted-the-police/90478775/

Reactions: ricedp105
It seems like we generally agree. So I’m curious - what are your thoughts on the mayor publicly declaring it a murder the following morning? And the DA being willing to (over)charge with apparently little to no info from the GBI investigation (while also telling several apparent lies during the press conference)?

Because it would seem to me if those two are willing to go that far to push that side of the agenda, why are we to expect anyone else would look at facts? Be it celebrities, protestors, message boarders, etc...

I personally see the situation ending very poorly for the DA and mayor, but especially the DA.

My posts on those topics are all over the board, but in summary, it's HORRIBLE. It's SUPER irresponsible, and it is so, so wrong. We're using a chainsaw to grind our noses off to spite our faces. This is why you MUST maintain objectivity and deal in facts and truth to the greatest degree possible. Whether for political aspiration, or just ignorant, ostensible observation, it might do great harm if we don't get the message out and deal tactfully and get folks to open their eyes and deal in the truth of this unfortunate, and still sad situation. I man, Tyler Perry sending the kids to college, and others making comments. That is great, but at least acknowledge what was done wrong and use it as a teaching moment for other blacks youths. I mean, am I crazy??? Has everyone completely lost perspective to this degree and delved full blown into fake news, twitter-battling and full on delusion, (even at the highest offices in the land), or maybe I've just bumped my head.

I think Howard is an idiot. Sorry, but I don't think highly of him. I'm not surprised that he'd do something like this and just roll with the program. I'm fervently praying that everyone will settle in and grasp and deal with the truth and that God's perfect will, will be done in this situation.

Pretty sure she started it to the point where they’ve had a warrant out for her arrest since Friday or Saturday... the only thing that isn’t believed to be 100% certain is whether or not this is his girlfriend who shares the same name... I think you’re taking a joke a little too seriously... a joke about the dilemma the wife is facing whether to support the Wendy’s being burned down in memory of her husband, or if she begrudges the girlfriend enough to hope she’s convicted of burning it down...

Yeah, I missed the joke altogether. I just cringe when they start the typical playbook and it has nothing to do with the actual case, (e.g. releasing info that they found weed in Botham Jean's apartment). I mean, what the heck??? :rolleyes:o_O:mad:

My posts on those topics are all over the board, but in summary, it's HORRIBLE. It's SUPER irresponsible, and it is so, so wrong. We're using a chainsaw to grind our noses off to spite our faces. This is why you MUST maintain objectivity and deal in facts and truth to the greatest degree possible. Whether for political aspiration, or just ignorant, ostensible observation, it might do great harm if we don't get the message out and deal tactfully and get folks to open their eyes and deal in the truth of this unfortunate, and still sad situation. I man, Tyler Perry sending the kids to college, and others making comments. That is great, but at least acknowledge what was done wrong and use it as a teaching moment for other blacks youths. I mean, am I crazy??? Has everyone completely lost perspective to this degree and delved full blown into fake news, twitter-battling and full on delusion, (even at the highest offices in the land), or maybe I've just bumped my head.

I think Howard is an idiot. Sorry, but I don't think highly of him. I'm not surprised that he'd do something like this and just roll with the program. I'm fervently praying that everyone will settle in and grasp and deal with the truth and that God's perfect will, will be done in this situation.

I don’t think many here would question your feelings on Howard. I happen to think he’s a moron but also horribly corrupt. The city’s handling thus far has put that area of town only one to two steps behind CHAZ as can be seen here.

Reactions: audeuce02
I don’t think many here would question your feelings on Howard. I happen to think he’s a moron but also horribly corrupt. The city’s handling thus far has put that area of town only one to two steps behind CHAZ as can be seen here.

I don't think posting these race-baiting videos do anything to help, but instead they only reinforce and inflame the situation causing more hardened opinions, and causing many, who'd otherwise be objective, to react viscerally and emotionally, and start playing the stupid polar opposite game.

Hyper ignorant and wrong behavior + more hyper ignorant and wrong behavior = a country that is weaker, a people that are more divided, and far less insight and true understanding of the root causes of all of these issues, even this type of massively wrong and ignorant behavior. Do you think this behavior is lost on most folks, or there's an imbalance etc., so that it needs to be shown??? Do you think it helps or hurts with most of those who hold positions of power to set policies, laws, hiring/firing decisions and such?

Lastly, that video saddens me beyond belief. I've really thought about driving down there and trying to teach and reason, but they might flash out and beat me silly or stomp me out before I could make a point/impact. Somebody needs to do it tho. My heart hurts to see that type of massive ignorance and in some cases deep hate. I will continue to do what I can, (pray most of all).

I don't think posting these race-baiting videos do anything to help, but instead they only reinforce and inflame the situation causing more hardened opinions, and causing many, who'd otherwise be objective, to react viscerally and emotionally, and start playing the stupid polar opposite game.

Hyper ignorant and wrong behavior + more hyper ignorant and wrong behavior = a country that is weaker, a people that are more divided, and far less insight and true understanding of the root causes of all of these issues, even this type of massively wrong and ignorant behavior. Do you think this behavior is lost on most folks, or there's an imbalance etc., so that it needs to be shown??? Do you think it helps or hurts with most of those who hold positions of power to set policies, laws, hiring/firing decisions and such?

Lastly, that video saddens me beyond belief. I've really thought about driving down there and trying to teach and reason, but they might flash out and beat me silly or stomp me out before I could make a point/impact. Somebody needs to do it tho. My heart hurts to see that type of massive ignorance and in some cases deep hate. I will continue to do what I can, (pray most of all).

Call it race baiting all you want - it’s what’s happening here right now though. You said you want facts...there they are. That isn’t a unique incident unfortunately. Many people I’ve lived next to for 2+ years (both white and black) have flipped a switch, and it isn’t a good one.

There are still good people fighting the honest and peaceful fight (like the lady also seen in the same video trying to get them to leave the officer alone), so this isn’t just a two sided issue.

Reactions: audeuce02
Call it race baiting all you want - it’s what’s happening here right now though. You said you want facts...there they are. That isn’t a unique incident unfortunately. Many people I’ve lived next to for 2+ years (both white and black) have flipped a switch, and it isn’t a good one.

There are still good people fighting the honest and peaceful fight (like the lady also seen in the same video trying to get them to leave the officer alone), so this isn’t just a two sided issue.

For every 10 incidents and every 10 people "protesting", what percentage do you believe commit this type of atrocious behavior? What if only .7 out of 10 do this? Would it be inappropriate to keep pumping it as if this is the predominant behavior? If so, then the white supremacists who openly admit that they want to start a race war, have your neighbors right where they want them. Focused on the relatively few indefensible acts, with the mentality that it is all that is occurring with everyone wearing a BLM t-shirt or participating in a protest. In my humble opinion, it only hurts our country.

Let's talk about everything that happens, but let's do it objectively and with appropriate balance and proportion so that the truth is represented and promoted. When folks are acting as if every cop out there is a pure racist and/or bad apple, I give the same speech, as it only serves to hurt the country and get us further away from solutions, (though unfortunately, for many, they don't care if it ultimately hurts us as a country).

The guy was 5'7" 185 and whipped two cops and took one of their tasers? Maybe there is a major training issue being overlooked here?
Police officers have limitations on what they can do in those situations. I suspect that they were physically reacting based on their training.

Reactions: Big Blue
For every 10 incidents and every 10 people "protesting", what percentage do you believe commit this type of atrocious behavior? What if only .7 out of 10 do this? Would it be inappropriate to keep pumping it as if this is the predominant behavior? If so, then the white supremacists who openly admit that they want to start a race war, have your neighbors right where they want them. Focused on the relatively few indefensible acts, with the mentality that it is all that is occurring with everyone wearing a BLM t-shirt or participating in a protest. In my humble opinion, it only hurts our country.

Let's talk about everything that happens, but let's do it objectively and with appropriate balance and proportion so that the truth is represented and promoted. When folks are acting as if every cop out there is a pure racist and/or bad apple, I give the same speech, as it only serves to hurt the country and get us further away from solutions, (though unfortunately, for many, they don't care if it ultimately hurts us as a country).

I think it depends on the protest. This one, in particular, I feel has turned very sour.

We mostly agreed earlier but will have to agree to disagree on this. There are a whole lot of similar videos from that intersection over the past 5 days, and I think acting like they don’t exist would be contrary to your earlier stance that all the facts should be observed.

That video in particular is especially interesting as it does show both sides of the situation - meaning peaceful protesters and people there for the wrong reasons. JMO.

I think it depends on the protest. This one, in particular, I feel has turned very sour.

We mostly agreed earlier but will have to agree to disagree on this. There are a whole lot of similar videos from that intersection over the past 5 days, and I think acting like they don’t exist would be contrary to your earlier stance that all the facts should be observed.

That video in particular is especially interesting as it does show both sides of the situation - meaning peaceful protesters and people there for the wrong reasons. JMO.

Have I ever said that we should "act like they don't exist" and completely whitewash the bad incidents out??? If not, then why would you make a statement that makes it appear that's what I'd said? I simply said we should present things objectively, and in proper proportion. If only 50 incidents out of every 1000 are bad/horrible acts, (or even less), then that's what we should be trying our best to reflect, instead of having Tucker Carlson types run a back to back reel that only shows horrible things like this, full well knowing that it will give the impression that the entire BLM and protest movement are all about that type of indefensible behavior.

One intersection doesn't define the entire movement, and the relatively small number of horrible incidents shouldn't be the face of the protests either, as it only causes more division when things like that are misrepresented. Good luck once great U.S. of A.

Have I ever said that we should "act like they don't exist" and completely whitewash the bad incidents out??? If not, then why would you make a statement that makes it appear that's what I'd said? I simply said we should present things objectively, and in proper proportion. If only 50 incidents out of every 1000 are bad/horrible acts, (or even less), then that's what we should be trying our best to reflect, instead of having Tucker Carlson types run a back to back reel that only shows horrible things like this, full well knowing that it will give the impression that the entire BLM and protest movement are all about that type of indefensible behavior.

One intersection doesn't define the entire movement, and the relatively small number of horrible incidents shouldn't be the face of the protests either, as it only causes more division when things like that are misrepresented. Good luck once great U.S. of A.

One intersection has caused a MASSIVE shift in Atlanta recently- albeit hopefully a temporary one. I’m honestly not sure what your point is anymore though to be honest, so I plan to just leave it alone now.

One intersection has caused a MASSIVE shift in Atlanta recently- albeit hopefully a temporary one. I’m honestly not sure what your point is anymore though to be honest, so I plan to just leave it alone now.

It's simply saying that we need balance that reflects reality, and to determine if showing all of the negative acts out of proportion, is helping or hurting in the big picture scenario. Also to point out that I never said that we should act as if those horrible behaviors don't exist at all.

It's simple. Are we reflecting the reality and truth of the nationwide protests, and whether we are undertaking actions that ultimately result in net good, or net bad by showing negative things out of proportion and balance.

ADVERTISEMENT