Wendy’s Arsonist

atlTiger2012

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2012
For every 10 incidents and every 10 people "protesting", what percentage do you believe commit this type of atrocious behavior? What if only .7 out of 10 do this? Would it be inappropriate to keep pumping it as if this is the predominant behavior? If so, then the white supremacists who openly admit that they want to start a race war, have your neighbors right where they want them. Focused on the relatively few indefensible acts, with the mentality that it is all that is occurring with everyone wearing a BLM t-shirt or participating in a protest. In my humble opinion, it only hurts our country.

Let's talk about everything that happens, but let's do it objectively and with appropriate balance and proportion so that the truth is represented and promoted. When folks are acting as if every cop out there is a pure racist and/or bad apple, I give the same speech, as it only serves to hurt the country and get us further away from solutions, (though unfortunately, for many, they don't care if it ultimately hurts us as a country).
I think it depends on the protest. This one, in particular, I feel has turned very sour.

We mostly agreed earlier but will have to agree to disagree on this. There are a whole lot of similar videos from that intersection over the past 5 days, and I think acting like they don’t exist would be contrary to your earlier stance that all the facts should be observed.

That video in particular is especially interesting as it does show both sides of the situation - meaning peaceful protesters and people there for the wrong reasons. JMO.

Reactions: alphatiger08

au4life_rz

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Atlanta, (Originally from B'ham)
I think it depends on the protest. This one, in particular, I feel has turned very sour.

We mostly agreed earlier but will have to agree to disagree on this. There are a whole lot of similar videos from that intersection over the past 5 days, and I think acting like they don’t exist would be contrary to your earlier stance that all the facts should be observed.

That video in particular is especially interesting as it does show both sides of the situation - meaning peaceful protesters and people there for the wrong reasons. JMO.
Have I ever said that we should "act like they don't exist" and completely whitewash the bad incidents out??? If not, then why would you make a statement that makes it appear that's what I'd said? I simply said we should present things objectively, and in proper proportion. If only 50 incidents out of every 1000 are bad/horrible acts, (or even less), then that's what we should be trying our best to reflect, instead of having Tucker Carlson types run a back to back reel that only shows horrible things like this, full well knowing that it will give the impression that the entire BLM and protest movement are all about that type of indefensible behavior.

One intersection doesn't define the entire movement, and the relatively small number of horrible incidents shouldn't be the face of the protests either, as it only causes more division when things like that are misrepresented. Good luck once great U.S. of A.

atlTiger2012

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2012
Have I ever said that we should "act like they don't exist" and completely whitewash the bad incidents out??? If not, then why would you make a statement that makes it appear that's what I'd said? I simply said we should present things objectively, and in proper proportion. If only 50 incidents out of every 1000 are bad/horrible acts, (or even less), then that's what we should be trying our best to reflect, instead of having Tucker Carlson types run a back to back reel that only shows horrible things like this, full well knowing that it will give the impression that the entire BLM and protest movement are all about that type of indefensible behavior.

One intersection doesn't define the entire movement, and the relatively small number of horrible incidents shouldn't be the face of the protests either, as it only causes more division when things like that are misrepresented. Good luck once great U.S. of A.
One intersection has caused a MASSIVE shift in Atlanta recently- albeit hopefully a temporary one. I’m honestly not sure what your point is anymore though to be honest, so I plan to just leave it alone now.

au4life_rz

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Atlanta, (Originally from B'ham)
One intersection has caused a MASSIVE shift in Atlanta recently- albeit hopefully a temporary one. I’m honestly not sure what your point is anymore though to be honest, so I plan to just leave it alone now.
It's simply saying that we need balance that reflects reality, and to determine if showing all of the negative acts out of proportion, is helping or hurting in the big picture scenario. Also to point out that I never said that we should act as if those horrible behaviors don't exist at all.

It's simple. Are we reflecting the reality and truth of the nationwide protests, and whether we are undertaking actions that ultimately result in net good, or net bad by showing negative things out of proportion and balance.