ADVERTISEMENT

Well Boys I Have

Aubosox04

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2012
Da Rona. Headache, fever, chills, nausea, mild cough, skill pain, runny nose, fatigue, chest tightness, slight loss of breath, loss of taste and smell. Worse part was my skin hurting like it had been bruised all over. That lasted about 3 days. Day 6 I lost my smell and taste and have developed some kind of sinus issue. How long does it take to get your smell and taste back?

Last edited:
Reactions: fntiger
Da Rona. Headache, fever, chills, nausea, mild cough, skill pain, runny nose, loss of taste and smell. Worse part was my skin hurting like it had been bruised all over. That lasted about 3 days. Day 6 I lost my smell and taste and have developed some kind of sinus issue. How long does it take to get your smell and taste back?
Some people have said months to regain your senses

Reactions: Aubosox04
What is skill pain?
All I’ve experienced thus far is loss of taste and smell and occasional aches . No fever, no cough or shortness of breath. God speed OP

Reactions: BigtimeAub
Da Rona. Headache, fever, chills, nausea, mild cough, skill pain, runny nose, loss of taste and smell. Worse part was my skin hurting like it had been bruised all over. That lasted about 3 days. Day 6 I lost my smell and taste and have developed some kind of sinus issue. How long does it take to get your smell and taste back?
Sorry to hear that man...prayers!

Reactions: OrigAUgirl
My wife took 4-5 days. As for me or my children, we never lost taste or smell.
Drink plenty water, take vitamins high in zinc and vitamin D, get outside and move around or go walking several times a day, deep breathing regiment several times a day, sleep. If you have a hard time sleeping get some melatonin. It's a virus, you are going to feel bad just as the flu used to make people feel bad but nobody is being diagnosed with the flu this year...funny how that has worked out. And you obviously must not be a mask wearer, because those wearing mask are not getting the China Virus.

What is skill pain?
All I’ve experienced thus far is loss of taste and smell and occasional aches . No fever, no cough or shortness of breath. God speed OP
This is the craziest thing and I had not heard of it as a symptom. My skin hurts like a bruise all over. If I scratch an area it leaves a pain feeling for about 5 minutes. The person that transmitted it to me had the same symptom. And the person I transmitted it to has it also.

Lost my sense of taste and smell Friday after thanksgiving. Smell hasn’t came back though I have smelt something like burnt bacon constantly for the last two days. I hope that’s a signal that something is going on that might lead to a return. Taste was only gone a few days but the intensity of the taste will vary from day to day.

Makes me wonder if the different symptoms are actually from different strains of the virus.

Da Rona. Headache, fever, chills, nausea, mild cough, skill pain, runny nose, fatigue, chest tightness, slight loss of breath, loss of taste and smell. Worse part was my skin hurting like it had been bruised all over. That lasted about 3 days. Day 6 I lost my smell and taste and have developed some kind of sinus issue. How long does it take to get your smell and taste back?

Prayers for you my man. You seem to have most all of the symptoms. It does impact each differently. Get well soon.

This is the craziest thing and I had not heard of it as a symptom. My skin hurts like a bruise all over. If I scratch an area it leaves a pain feeling for about 5 minutes. The person that transmitted it to me had the same symptom. And the person I transmitted it to has it also.

Talk to a doctor if you haven’t. At the ER Monday, they asked me specifically if I’d had that symptom, so there’s something developing with it.

I’m 7 weeks out from the initial infection, which was my second (and possibly third) time having it. This was much worse because I got pneumonia on the tail end. Do anything you can to prevent that—lie on your stomach and not on your back or side, get up and walk for 5-20 minutes every hour; don’t stay in bed more than 8 hours at night if you can help it. Get a doctor to put you on ABs as a preventative measure if they’re okay with that. Drink plenty of fluids.

Talk to a doctor if you haven’t. At the ER Monday, they asked me specifically if I’d had that symptom, so there’s something developing with it.

I’m 7 weeks out from the initial infection, which was my second (and possibly third) time having it. This was much worse because I got pneumonia on the tail end. Do anything you can to prevent that—lie on your stomach and not on your back or side, get up and walk for 5-20 minutes every hour; don’t stay in bed more than 8 hours at night if you can help it. Get a doctor to put you on ABs as a preventative measure if they’re okay with that. Drink plenty of fluids.
Thanks for this information. I feel fine on day 7 but I can tell that it is moving into the sinus/respiratory region. The thought of a sinus infection or pneumonia has crossed my mind. I will get an antibiotic and see how that works.

Reactions: OrigAUgirl

Get a pulse oximeter to monitor your O2. If it drops, get yourself to the hospital.

Rest in peace.

Nah but for real.

Don't lay around too much. Get up and go for some walks (to tolerance). Drink a lot of water. Do some deep breathing exercises. Want to keep those lungs working through the whole thing. Recovery going to be different for everyone.

Reactions: fntiger
Drink plenty water, take vitamins high in zinc and vitamin D, get outside and move around or go walking several times a day, deep breathing regiment several times a day, sleep. If you have a hard time sleeping get some melatonin. It's a virus, you are going to feel bad just as the flu used to make people feel bad but nobody is being diagnosed with the flu this year...funny how that has worked out. And you obviously must not be a mask wearer, because those wearing mask are not getting the China Virus.
My goodness, some people just live to shit on other people.

I’m sorry that I had to move your thread because of that jackass, @Aubosox04. Hope you feel way better soon.

50% of patients get smell back in 15-20 months.

Ahh, so let’s just tell people to walk around and they won’t die? Thanks, doc.

Thanks for this information. I feel fine on day 7 but I can tell that it is moving into the sinus/respiratory region. The thought of a sinus infection or pneumonia has crossed my mind. I will get an antibiotic and see how that works.

I was fine for about 6 days in my second week after catching it. Then a “second wave” hit, which I now know was pneumonia building up in my lungs. My doctor put me on two antibiotics at the same time, which at least stopped it from getting worse. Normally I would say give symptoms a few days before pursuing anything, but it’s apparently important to catch developments with this ASAP, so if you feel it moving into sinus or lungs, go ahead and update the doctor.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT