ADVERTISEMENT

Washington Nationals game postponed…

I didn’t post this to start a dissertation on Covid. I started it because I see this affecting the football season…no way this doesn’t fvck us.
It could fvck us if enough players aren’t vaccinated. Otherwise, we’ll have full capacity.

Now do the flu vaccine.
Here you go @gatorz1209. Just so we are clear on where we started.

———

The Pfizer vaccine calls for two doses, three weeks apart. In November, Pfizer said early results from its Phase 3 clinical trials showed that two doses appeared to be 95 percent effective in preventing symptomatic Covid-19.
—-
Both Poland and Moss called the data "a grand slam."

—-

"We do not have good examples of vaccines with this level of efficacy across age, gender, race and comorbidities," Poland said. "I've never seen something like this."

• Wow
Reactions: crococile22
It could fvck us if enough players aren’t vaccinated. Otherwise, we’ll have full capacity.
Did you miss the part where fully vaccinated players are being affected? Or do you just choose to ignore it…

———

The Pfizer vaccine calls for two doses, three weeks apart. In November, Pfizer said early results from its Phase 3 clinical trials showed that two doses appeared to be 95 percent effective in preventing symptomatic Covid-19.
—-

—-

"We do not have good examples of vaccines with this level of efficacy across age, gender, race and comorbidities," Poland said. "I've never seen something like this."

Ok, now read this reply from earlier. Delta is clearly a different ball of wax.
Sure, I get that, but do you get up in arms every year about the flu vaccine being called a vaccine like you have with the COVID-19 vaccine? Also, they advertised this vaccine having a 95% efficacy against the original strains of COVID-19, not Delta. That’s because clinical trials had it 95% after 3 months.

Why is this technicality a hill so many are willing to die on?

———

—-

—-

We’ll see how it all goes. This expert never thought mass vaccination was a good idea and thinks vaccines will create more variants.

Did you miss the part where fully vaccinated players are being affected? Or do you just choose to ignore it…
Did you miss the part where Greg Sankey said a team over 85% vaccination rate won’t be regularly tested for Covid? Or did you choose to ignore that part?

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ey-says-covid-concerns-lead-rescheduled-games
From the article:
For a program to avoid regular COVID-19 testing and the requirement of wearing masks indoors, it must achieve an 85% vaccination threshold.

Ok, now read this reply from earlier. Delta is clearly a different ball of wax.

Interesting. Feels like we agree that:
- we don’t know for certain the efficacy of the vaccines against delta.
- the narrative of the vaccine has changed.

or am i projecting?

btw - delta was discovers in December so it’s not a mutant creates by unvaccinated rubes.

Interesting. Feels like we agree that:
- we don’t know for certain the efficacy of the vaccines against delta.
- the narrative of the vaccine has changed.

or am i projecting?

btw - delta was discovers in December so it’s not a mutant creates by unvaccinated rubes.
The narrative has changed because of the Delta variant. Again, the initial vaccine efficacy clinical results last summer and fall were based on the previous strains, not the Delta, which hasn’t been a big deal in the US until the last 2-3 months.

People are losing their fvcking minds about the original 95% efficacy statement, which was all based on previous strains of this virus.

Did you miss the part where Greg Sankey said a team over 85% vaccination rate won’t be regularly tested for Covid? Or did you choose to ignore that part?

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ey-says-covid-concerns-lead-rescheduled-games
From the article:
For a program to avoid regular COVID-19 testing and the requirement of wearing masks indoors, it must achieve an 85% vaccination threshold.
I’m not sure avoiding ‘regular’ testing means you avoid ‘all’ testing…

Covid. Not that I care because I don’t like baseball, but 12 players + staff tested positive, only 1 of 12 was unvaccinated.
And that one unvaccinated was the probably the guy that started it. Pathetic.

The narrative has changed because of the Delta variant. Again, the initial vaccine efficacy clinical results last summer and fall were based on the previous strains, not the Delta, which hasn’t been a big deal in the US until the last 2-3 months.

People are losing their fvcking minds about the original 95% efficacy statement, which was all based on previous strains of this virus.
It’s 88% effective against symptomatic infections.

Reactions: gatorz1209
I’m not sure avoiding ‘regular’ testing means you avoid ‘all’ testing…
Sounds like they won’t be testing much at all for those teams, which is much better than the situation for teams who aren’t at 85%. Now stop being a smart ass and bow to yore sin say.

ok. You are 100% right. The vaccine was effective. That’s why you and i and our fambilies got it.

now things changed and people are getting sick with the vaccine. How sick remains to be seen.

Btw - we’ve always known about multiple strains. At one time it was taboo to talk about the dangers of the variants

The Problem With Stories About Dangerous Coronavirus Mutations​

Reactions: Mike7677
Sounds like they won’t be testing much at all for those teams, which is much better than the situation for teams who aren’t at 85%. Now stop being a smart ass and bow to yore sin say.
We won’t know if you are wrong or I am right until December…

ok. You are 100% right. The vaccine was effective. That’s why you and i and our fambilies got it.

now things changed and people are getting sick with the vaccine. How sick remains to be seen.

Btw - we’ve always known about multiple strains. At one time it was taboo to talk about the dangers of the variants

Lol. 88% effective against symptomatic infection. 95% plus if hospitalizations are the unvaccinated. 99% of deaths are unvaccinated. Stop it. Stop it.

Yes, of course we’ve known about multiple strains, and the initial efficacy rates were 95% against those that were primarily circulating. Delta is completely different, but thank God the vaccines are effective for the Delta at keeping infections mild for a strong majority of those vaccinated.

Reactions: FIG-JAM
We’ll see how it all goes. This expert never thought mass vaccination was a good idea and thinks vaccines will create more variants.
Yea, we should have waited. What a load of bs. The variants are forming in highly unvaccinated countries. The vaccinated are rarely dying from Covid.
I think most on here would definitely take the word of @Stumpfan over a Nobel Laureate…
200.gif

Reactions: BeatBama60
We won’t know if you are wrong or I am right until December…
I’m willing to guess teams who are at the 85% threshold won’t be tested regularly. Just a guess though.
Regular testing isn’t the issue. You believe we have nothing to worry about in regards to testing if we reach 85%. I think testing (even sporadic) can still fvck us. As I said, we’ll see how wrong you were come December…

Regular testing isn’t the issue. You believe we have nothing to worry about in regards to testing if we reach 85%. I think testing (even sporadic) can still fvck us. As I said, we’ll see how wrong you were come December…
No, we’ll see how wrong YOU were my man

Reactions: hsvtiger34
Nothing to worry about? Of course we will still have to worry but it will be worse under 85%.

Looks like all the vaccinated players are being forced to sit out… even though they are 99.999999999999999999% chance of being fine.
Of course. I’m saying if you’re tested less and you’re 95% vaccinated, you’re way less likely to have the problems a team that’s 70% vaccinated will have. You’re tested less and vaccinated people catch it and pass it on less than the unvaccinated. That doesn’t mean a disaster still can’t happen though.

Of course. I’m saying if you’re tested less and you’re 95% vaccinated, you’re way less likely to have the problems a team that’s 70% vaccinated will have. You’re tested less and vaccinated people catch it and pass it on less than the unvaccinated. That doesn’t mean a disaster still can’t happen though.
Exactly. It’s pretty cut and dry for the SEC this year in regards to testing.

Reactions: Stumpfan
ADVERTISEMENT