ADVERTISEMENT

War Eagles

Grumpyolddawg

First Round Draft Pick
Jun 11, 2001
I know we are sworn enemies on the gridiron and most of that is really just in good fun for the most part. But there is an article in todays AJC, front page, about the former Tiger who was killed in an awful accident. I just want to tell you that I think they overstep the bounds of what is decent by posting autopsy results. Poor guy is gone, its none of my business and didn't need or want to know. Hate it for his personal and Auburn family, I see no reason to bring it back up, let people heal, or try to.

AJC has had an agenda for some time now. Not really a big deal when you consider some of the people they have working for that paper.

I have not read the AJC article but have no problem with them giving autopsy results. The boy driving should not have been driving and those in the car where in no better shape to tell him not to drive. It is a story we hear all to often and if it can save lives then tell the story loud and clear. Do not drink and drive... period.

o

Originally posted by Sanctions Stand:

I have not read the AJC article but have no problem with them giving autopsy results. The boy driving should not have been driving and those in the car where in no better shape to tell him not to drive. It is a story we hear all to often and if it can save lives then tell the story loud and clear. Do not drink and drive... period.
AMEN!!!

I am not even sure why the information is supposed to make Lutzkirchen look bad. He was over 21 and he was not actually driving the car. The only life he actually put at risk was his own and unfortunately it cost him his life. If someone over the age of 21 wants to drink, it is their own personal choice as long they don't put anyone else's life at risk . There is also a difference between a bad decision and a bad person. Most people who drive drunk or get in the car with someone else who is driving drunk are usually more guilty of the former than the latter
This post was edited on 8/6 6:57 PM by ohsfan28

Well guys I didn't post to start an argument and agree 100% about the drinking and driving. When I read it I just felt bad for his family who was going to have to rehash the whole thing again. Really meant no ill will or disrespect to anyone. Peace.

Understood and also agree with the 'bad decision not bad person' statement above. We have all made bad decisions and some of us, by shear luck and/or grace of God, made bad decisions that for one reason or another did not have long lasting effects on our lives like it will have on the Lutzenkirchen family. No arguement here, just hope we can all learn from our own mistakes and the mistakes of others.

Originally posted by Sanctions Stand:

Understood and also agree with the 'bad decision not bad person' statement above. We have all made bad decisions and some of us, by shear luck and/or grace of God, made bad decisions that for one reason or another did not have long lasting effects on our lives like it will have on the Lutzenkirchen family. No arguement here, just hope we can all learn from our own mistakes and the mistakes of others.
That's pretty much he net of it IMO.

Good kid, bad decision is pretty much it. I have to agree AJC's coverage felt like it was piling on, but if it makes a few kids like them think twice about making the same decision then good can come from it. Even as a bammer I wish I could have been there to talk them out of it, give them a ride home or a place to crash. I drive by Lassiter High almost every day and lately it always makes me think.

This post was edited on 8/7 3:37 PM by billywaynebama

I'm tired of the media reporting he was "over the legal limit" I was not aware there was a legal limit to ride in a backseat. That's a new one on me. It's not about reporting the facts the media is so over that now. Facts don't pay the bills. It's about spinning it to create a negative opinion of his Auburn affiliation. The Auburn dude was drunk is what the agenda is for the AJC. He is not a hero is what their story is really about. They are so obsessed with us it's just reached a point now that they will basically add even more pain to a suffering family to make their dawg fans feel superior. It's disgusting.

Unfortunately the driver who committed Vehicular Manslaughter, also died, yet no article really focuses on that fact, just the famous guy drunk in the back seat. This needs to be a huge wake up call to everyone to stay the hell off the roads no matter what if you have been drinking! I know "Kids do it" but kids get killed and kill others. Hopefully people can learn from these tragic losses and save their own lives in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT