ADVERTISEMENT

Walking into the pit and awaiting the stones that are going to be thrown at me with this post regarding Harsin and the Vaxx Rate...

AuburnGuy33

All-American
Sep 3, 2007
Nashville via Auburn via Mobile
Personally, I believe that everyone who doesn't want to get a vaccination has that right.

However, when you are in charge of a business, in this case AU Football, it is your job to make your that business performs on a day to day basis. It is Harsin's job to promote the Vaccine to get his team at the 80% to makes sure that his business is going to be able to perform on a weekly basis.

Can you imagine the damage that would be done to the local economy if AU was 5-0 going into the UGA game then it gets cancelled because of COVID protocols? This place would lose it's fvcking mind. The lost money for business' in the local area would be insane.

It is Harsin's job to get this team to 80% and higher. If he doesn't he should be held accountable in his contract for any money that is lost. Just my opinion.

Personally, I believe that everyone who doesn't want to get a vaccination has that right.

However, when you are in charge of a business, in this case AU Football, it is your job to make your that business performs on a day to day basis. It is Harsin's job to promote the Vaccine to get his team at the 80% to makes sure that his business is going to be able to perform on a weekly basis.

Can you imagine the damage that would be done to the local economy if AU was 5-0 going into the UGA game then it gets cancelled because of COVID protocols? This place would lose it's fvcking mind. The lost money for business' in the local area would be insane.

It is Harsin's job to get this team to 80% and higher. If he doesn't he should be held accountable in his contract for any money that is lost. Just my opinion.
Yawn

On today’s edition of BUNKER COVID CORNER…………..

have i got a sport for you, ever considered soccer OP?

• Haha
Reactions: Jim in Scranton
oh-boy-here-we-go-again-chef.gif

I’ve already heard bammer is going to use Kristen Saban to infiltrate the team. Apparently she’s some kind of super spreader.

Reactions: AuburnGuy33
Any leader of any group has a moral duty to encourage those who he or she leads to get vaccinated (unless they have some rare condition that makes the vaccination more dangerous or, for example, are below the recommended age).

We have rights to do a lot of things. That doesn’t make them the right thing to do.

Local businesses are not the responsibility of the head football coach, or anyone else. They are responsible for themselves.

Local businesses are not the responsibility of the head football coach, or anyone else. They are responsible for themselves.

Agree. Winning games is though. I don’t see any being cancelled but I would imagine some players will miss games.

Football is fun, and it's very important in the South but you don't put it above the health, well-being, or desires of the young men playing by mandating a new medical technology that we have absolutely ZERO data on for the mid-term and long-term, (especially considering that the risk to that demographic is relatively low to very low).

If it were a no-brainer, then yeah, mandate it, but with something this new, you absolutely should not, and cannot justify mandating that folks who never guinea-pig new drugs or techniques, take something into their body that we do not have usage data for across the full life-cycle. It's VERY bad science, and really, not science at all if you don't have data.

If we develop another vaccine option based on the tried and true classical vaccine technology used for the Polio, measles and DTaP vaccines etc., then it becomes a no-brainer since we have decades of usage data. Let's not put our selfish concerns ahead of others when it comes to really tough personal health decisions like this. Sounds as if Harsin has his priorities in order.

Football is fun, and it's very important in the South but you don't put it above the health, well-being, or desires of the young men playing by mandating a new medical technology that we have absolutely ZERO data on for the mid-term and long-term, (especially considering that the risk to that demographic is relatively low to very low).

If it were a no-brainer, then yeah, mandate it, but with something this new, you absolutely should not, and cannot justify mandating that folks who never guinea-pig new drugs or techniques, take something into their body that we do not have usage data for across the full life-cycle. It's VERY bad science, and really, not science at all if you don't have data.

If we develop another vaccine option based on the tried and true classical vaccine technology used for the Polio, measles and DTaP vaccines etc., then it becomes a no-brainer since we have decades of usage data. Let's not put our selfish concerns ahead of others when it comes to really tough personal health decisions like this. Sounds as if Harsin has his priorities in order.

No do Covid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT