ADVERTISEMENT

Universal Studios...

zyoung1984

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2010
Taking the family there in September for our vacation. Any recommendations on what to do in the park or what hotel to stay in? It will be off-season when we go so will the express passes be necessary? Drop some knowledge on me bunk..

Taking the family there in September for our vacation. Any recommendations on what to do in the park or what hotel to stay in? It will be off-season when we go so will the express passes be necessary? Drop some knowledge on me bunk..
Yule love it DAWG. Doubt you gunna need express passes in off seazun. I wuz am down thare foe a bazeball terney 7-8 yeerz ago and I stayed in wun of those three on site hotels. Quick boat ride to the park and yore ALL GOOD. My teeem has a blazzzt

Yule love it DAWG. Doubt you gunna need express passes in off seazun. I wuz am down thare foe a bazeball terney 7-8 yeerz ago and I stayed in wun of those three on site hotels. Quick boat ride to the park and yore ALL GOOD. My teeem has a blazzzt
Holy crap, where’s the INTEGRITY??? You gotta LAMP this shit Doc - did you sleep with Sofia Loren at the Portofino, or get your rocks off with Pat Benetar at the Hard Rock?

Holy crap, where’s the INTEGRITY??? You gotta LAMP this shit Doc - did you sleep with Sofia Loren at the Portofino, or get your rocks off with Pat Benetar at the Hard Rock?
HA!!
I wish!!!
My azz got to go foe freee beeekuzz I wuz the Coach. Went 2-6 that weekend but AZZZ BLAZZZTED sum pooor teeeem from SARATOGA, NEW YORK!!

Royal Pacific is my favorite of the resorts. Easy to walk or boat to the parks. Fantastic sushi bar in the hotel. Stay on the club level if you can (if the club lounges are available during Covid).
The hotel is so easy to access that you can come and go to the park and relax in the middle of the day. Room key is your unlimited fast pass at the park. It’s a game changer. Same offer comes at the Hard Rock or Portifino but we like the Royal Pacific best among the top end hotels.
Cabana Bay and Aventura are newer but, from what I’ve heard, a step down (we’ve never stayed at either).

hope that helps. Have a great time!

We went in Dec. I didn't know anything about Harry Potter and thought it was great. Enjoyed it as much or more than Disney World.

Ride the Hulk ride for sure. The Hagrid may have been my favorite but there are lots of good ones like Escape from Gringotts. Be sure to ride the train between the two areas of the park that both had Harry Potter stuff.

And you have to get some butter beer at Diagon Alley or at the Leaky Cauldron.

Is the Back to the Future and Kong rides still there? Those were OG Universal Orlando rides.

Reactions: zyoung1984
We stayed at the Portofino Bay. It was really nice and an easy boat ride to the park. You definitely want to stay in one of those hotels around the park so that you can get in to the park earlier before the main crowds. We were able to get most of the Harry Potter rides done before it got packed over there.

Stay at hard rock. Was a great experience, easy walk or boat ride to the park and easy shuttle ride elsewhere.

We went during October one time and thought it would be off-season, but it was busy as hell. So be sure to check crowd calendars to get a good idea. I'll never go to Universal without an Express Pass again. We stay at one of the three on-site hotels that offers free Express Pass for every night you're there. That's what I would recommend.

I recommend staying at The Royal Pacific and if you do the express pass is part of the package. Definitely plan to spend a day at Volcano Bay water park too. It may be helpful to watch every Harry Potter movie before you go because the all the Harry Potter attractions are as good as it gets. If you need any help with booking try ftjbyfredc@gmail.com

Royal Pacific is my favorite of the resorts. Easy to walk or boat to the parks. Fantastic sushi bar in the hotel. Stay on the club level if you can (if the club lounges are available during Covid).
The hotel is so easy to access that you can come and go to the park and relax in the middle of the day. Room key is your unlimited fast pass at the park. It’s a game changer. Same offer comes at the Hard Rock or Portifino but we like the Royal Pacific best among the top end hotels.
Cabana Bay and Aventura are newer but, from what I’ve heard, a step down (we’ve never stayed at either).

Agree with everything stated here. Stay at either Hard Rock, Portifino or Royal Pacific. The Express Pass that comes free at only these three hotels is a game changer. We are going over spring break and had a free room but still booked one night at Royal Pacific just to get two days Express Pass for free. You get it for the day you check in and the day you check out.

Agree with everything stated here. Stay at either Hard Rock, Portifino or Royal Pacific. The Express Pass that comes free at only these three hotels is a game changer. We are going over spring break and had a free room but still booked one night at Royal Pacific just to get two days Express Pass for free. You get it for the day you check in and the day you check out.
There was a year that I had been at the football stadium working all morning and met the fam at the hotel late afternoon to go over to the park. My kids wanted to hit the Hulk roller coaster as soon as we got there so we got in line and we on it in 10 minutes with the fast passes. They wanted to ride again so we did. As we went back up, I caught the eye of a guy in the regular line a d he was miserable. His kid was whining and just wasn’t having a good day. Anyway, as we passed him the 4th time, I told my kids, this is the last time. If we do this again, that man is going to come through those ropes and choke me to death.

Fast pass room key is so nice.

There was a year that I had been at the football stadium working all morning and met the fam at the hotel late afternoon to go over to the park. My kids wanted to hit the Hulk roller coaster as soon as we got there so we got in line and we on it in 10 minutes with the fast passes. They wanted to ride again so we did. As we went back up, I caught the eye of a guy in the regular line a d he was miserable. His kid was whining and just wasn’t having a good day. Anyway, as we passed him the 4th time, I told my kids, this is the last time. If we do this again, that man is going to come through those ropes and choke me to death.

Fast pass room key is so nice.
DAWG neeeerly PUKED on that SIMPSON'S RIDE!!!
Not shure why that thang got to me so bad but it SLAWTERED ME!!!

Reactions: rthomas14
Ride the newer Hagrid ride on repeat. Best ride I’ve ever been on.
This. I really loved The Mummy ride, too. Hulk ride is killer, too. Drink some butter beer and definitely try the butter beer ice cream. Maybe pick 1 day to do all the water rides so you aren't walking around wet fir multiple days.. Have fun.

We stayed at Portifino Bay last time and loved it. I just really liked the whole Italy aesthetic. Staying at Royal Pacific for the first time. Excited to see how it is. And I’ll like being a little closer to the parks. Portifino was a tad to far for the rest of the family to want to walk. My 10 year old is already doing a count down to when we leave. Not sure who is more excited though, me or her. If I didn’t have kids I would be one of the adults who goes alone. No shame. But I’m glad my daughter is just as excited.

We stayed at Portifino Bay last time and loved it. I just really liked the whole Italy aesthetic. Staying at Royal Pacific for the first time. Excited to see how it is. And I’ll like being a little closer to the parks. Portifino was a tad to far for the rest of the family to want to walk. My 10 year old is already doing a count down to when we leave. Not sure who is more excited though, me or her. If I didn’t have kids I would be one of the adults who goes alone. No shame. But I’m glad my daughter is just as excited.
I don’t think royal pacific is any closer

I don’t think royal pacific is any closer

It is. Portofino is about a 15 minute walk. Royal Pacific is 5-7. And I believe Hard Rock is closest at under-5. One reason I liked Portofino is because it is as so secluded and so you had separation from the parks. But it’ll also be nice to be just a few minutes away. Not that 15 minutes is crazy.

Reactions: zyoung1984
It is. Portofino is about a 15 minute walk. Royal Pacific is 5-7. And I believe Hard Rock is closest at under-5. One reason I liked Portofino is because it is as so secluded and so you had separation from the parks. But it’ll also be nice to be just a few minutes away. Not that 15 minutes is crazy.
You will find that although Royal Pacific is closer, it feels just as separated from the park as Portofino.. you will like it.

You will find that although Royal Pacific is closer, it feels just as separated from the park as Portofino.. you will like it.
Went in November. Stayed at Royal Pacific. Definitely the hotel to be in. Sushi restaurant was the teets. Hagrid is the best ride I've ever been on. If you get soaked on one of the water rides the huge blow dryer thing is the best 5 bucks you'll ever spend.
All the Harry Potter rides are good but man alive I'm stunned at the 40 and 50 year olds toting a wand around and wearing robes...

I luvvved PORTA FEEEEENO.
my teeeem juzt hopped on that boat ERRY time we went toand frum the park

Reactions: MattAU05
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT