ADVERTISEMENT

Unions big part of the problem

Hard to fire a cop due to the Union. The cop had 18 prior complaints against him.

The number of complaints against him is unbelievable, if he would have been terminated after the first or second this death would not have happened.

And what’s scarier than that is the question that hasn’t even been asked yet, how many other deaths is this jackass responsible for?

Unions are the problem!

and the cities and party that empowers them.
The problem is NOT the "unions" --- GMAFB with that reactionary horseshit --- it's that particular police union run by a white supremacist, and he ain't the only one in the Minneapolis PD.

How is a police union run by a white supremacist in a city where every leader is a democrat?

Reactions: PocketWatch
All it takes is some brains and the willingness to do a little research. I would suggest you try it, but....

@gary-7 I'm conceding to you, that you have done a thorough amount of research on this entire union.

The problem is NOT the "unions" --- GMAFB with that reactionary horseshit --- it's that particular police union run by a white supremacist, and he ain't the only one in the Minneapolis PD.
So we’re protesting wide spread police brutality across the nation. You seem to acknowledge that this particular police union is at least somewhat responsible for him still being employed while simultaneously dismissing all other claims that unions play a role in any police brutality?

First off, please elaborate on a few details as to why this union in particular as at fault and back up your claims against its leader, as that’s a pretty bold claim. Also, please elaborate as to why this union is to blame while you seemingly try to defend other police unions across the country...

I’d love to have a further discussion about union labor in general, particularly in the government sector, and have that include other things such as tenure and how that security impacts employees’ actions, but I will save that for another day on the pore board...

Reactions: PocketWatch
I disagree
Then you're dead wrong and/or woefully ill-informed. Police unions are totally separate from elected officials.

And fact is, that jackass has been in a constant battle with the Mayor and other reasonable people trying to rein them in.

Stay strong @gary-7 .
tenor.gif

And fact is, that jackass has been in a constant battle with the Mayor and other reasonable people trying to rein them in.

Did the mayor ever identify the White Supremacist group that he claimed was doing all the rioting?

Reactions: alphatiger08

I know absolutely nothing about the Minneapolis Police Union, what I do know is that Unions protect employees, my statement stands on its own merit and is factual, this was a jackass that was most likely a loser in HS who was bullied and who became a cop, once he got a badge and gun he thought he had “power” when in reality he was a loser only one with a gun and a badge that the union chose to protect.

I would add that had Amy Klobucher had done her job as Attorney General this jackass would not have been a cop but if not in jail and Mr Floyd would still be alive.

So exactly how the hell is this a racial or a Republican problem?

So we’re protesting wide spread police brutality across the nation. You seem to acknowledge that this particular police union is at least somewhat responsible for him still being employed while simultaneously dismissing all other claims that unions play a role in any police brutality?

First off, please elaborate on a few details as to why this union in particular as at fault and back up your claims against its leader, as that’s a pretty bold claim. Also, please elaborate as to why this union is to blame while you seemingly try to defend other police unions across the country...

I’d love to have a further discussion about union labor in general, particularly in the government sector, and have that include other things such as tenure and how that security impacts employees’ actions, but I will save that for another day on the pore board...
1. I don't have to back up anything. His name is Bob Kroll. He's notorious. It won't take much research.
2. I'm not defending police unions across the nation, because frankly too many of them are part of the problem we're seeing exposed now, particularly ones that are run by jackasses like Kroll.
3. Police unions shouldn't be used as a blanket excuse to slam unions in general.

Lash out for your tribe, Gary.

The thin blue line is problem everywhere.

I know absolutely nothing about the Minneapolis Police Union, what I do know is that Unions protect employees, my statement stands on its own merit and is factual, this was a jackass that was most likely a loser in HS who was bullied and who became a cop, once he got a badge and gun he thought he had “power” when in reality he was a loser only one with a gun and a badge that the union chose to protect.

I would add that had Amy Klobucher had done her job as Attorney General this jackass would not have been a cop but if not in jail and Mr Floyd would still be alive.

Who said Republican? You. And Klobachar didn't make the decision on prosecuting him, BTW.
But you're likely right about the cop. Guy like that has no business with a badge and a gun.

Who said Republican? You. And Klobachar didn't make the decision on prosecuting him, BTW.
But you're likely right about the cop. Guy like that has no business with a badge and a gun.

Where Amy screwed up was leaving the decision up to a Grand Jury, not just her but any prosecutor who does this, it’s a cop out on doing the job you were elected to do.

Because Orangeman is bad... despite this shit happening long before he even dreamed of running for President. Because racial tension makes great news so it is emphasized.

The cop in Minnesota is an absolute piece of shit, and he deserves every bit of the charges he’s currently facing and the federal charges he’ll probably also see. But just because a black man is killed, it is not immediately indicative of a racially motivated “slaughter” as the media portrays it. I’m thankful the incident was caught on camera, and I think body cameras should be required, but let’s report all police killings the same way... let’s not bring race into the motive from the media’s perspective until we can actually establish a racial motive.

The media is as responsible for this rioting and looting as the groups behind funding these pieces of shit... but hey, if they go on for another week, their ratings will be through the roof.

Try learning how to post. Might make you sound more coherent... or not.

Out at the political attacks on unions. SMH and laughing derisively.

Where Amy screwed up was leaving the decision up to a Grand Jury, not just her but any prosecutor who does this, it’s a cop out on doing the job you were elected to do.
That's an intersting point of legal discussion in general, but I'm out with the reactionary politics this thread is degenerating into. Maybe another time.

Then you're dead wrong and/or woefully ill-informed. Police unions are totally separate from elected officials.

Not to pick on your Mayor but he is a major piece of shit. He caused a lot of the problems by saying there is a history of racist behavior and murder. He is in fing charge and I have not heard him point out one racist in the system. The fact you support him at all is disgraceful.

I have no tribe and I'm not "lashing out". I deal in reality, unlike you with your silly generalizations and typical false dichotomies. Give it a rest.
Can you tell me who exactly is the leading white supremascist in the Minneapolis police department? I am genuinely curious. Every sane person thinks that officer should be charged with murder. It’s happened and it’s a good thing. I have big problems with police organizations around the country protecting their own, but declaring the police department of a major US city as a white supremacy organization is big news. Give us details.

Reactions: texasAUtiger
1. I don't have to back up anything. His name is Bob Kroll. He's notorious. It won't take much research.
2. I'm not defending police unions across the nation, because frankly too many of them are part of the problem we're seeing exposed now, particularly ones that are run by jackasses like Kroll.
3. Police unions shouldn't be used as a blanket excuse to slam unions in general.
Your points 2 and 3 are directly contradicting... you seem to acknowledge my initial argument that police unions as a whole are part of the problem, as you inadvertently admitted in point 3. As for point 3, it is not a direct comparison, as few unions have the power given to the police unions, as most professions do not have the allowing the use of force that police unions have. However, if you don’t think other unions use their power to the fullest extent to defend employees against allegations in their respective industries, you’re flat out lying to yourself. If they weren’t, it’s members would be up in arms asking “wtf are we paying all these union dues for?” Unions are a joke. Look at the GM strike last year, and how much those workers were looking for an increase, already being paid above minimum wage. Then look at the financial crisis in 08 and when the automakers went to the unions looking to lower wages to keep more employees around. The unions told them to gft, so what did the automakers do? Laid off a shit ton of employees... but at least they protected the wages of the employees who would still be around... the ones that got let go? Good luck...

Hard to fire a cop due to the Union. The cop had 18 prior complaints against him.
Not true. It is the fact you have to state cause for the firing that is problematic. As sad as it seems, if Floyd had not died, they probably would not have been that far off the rules of engagement. You got problems because so many of the victims struggle to resist arrest and then it is hard to say what is excessive. I would have fired him if he sat on the guy for two minutes after cuffing and would have a rule that once cuffed get off. That is not the rule in most precincts and a knee in the back is considered ok, I consider it excessive.

Hahahahahaha!!!! You’re such a political hack. SIX cops shot this guy who had stabbed people and ran at the police with a knife. Back then, when a police shooting happened, there was an investigation and then they would take it to the grand jury. The investigation didn’t end while she was in office. Do your research, hack.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT