ADVERTISEMENT

Tough look at Southeastern

grizzlyadams16

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Jun 1, 2016
BHAM
I’m no COVID police but this is disappointing. I don’t expect better from college kids (I too was a dumb college kid), but how are bars not at limited capacity?

Reactions: cowboy2224
wah, man up buttercup. the kids are correct. who cares

The kids are the only thing standing between us and football season. Literally the only thing that will get football season cancelled at this point is a spread within the student body. Maybe doing a little bit of social distancing to make sure football season happens is an ok idea

I’m no COVID police but this is disappointing. I don’t expect better from college kids (I too was a dumb college kid), but how are bars not at limited capacity?

Bars can limit capacity but kids will still group up to talk and college kids really just want to put their mouths on each others genitals. Masks and covid are about last on their list of fks given. Worrying about a bunch of oldes not getting to watch football is far less important than getting laid.

Not surprised at all. College aged kids have very little risk, so they won’t change their habits, as you say neither would we. If Southeastern limits them, they’ll just move the party to the street, of frat house, or parking lot. What surprises me is that college football players are so whiny about it on social media. Reminds me of a tattletale in my third grade class.

Bars can limit capacity but kids will still group up to talk and college kids really just want to put their mouths on each others genitals. Masks and covid are about last on their list of fks given. Worrying about a bunch of oldes not getting to watch football is far less important than getting laid.

we’d have had a better chance against COVID back in the day. First of all, there weren’t many bars, and we couldn’t afford to go anyway. Secondly, that mouth on genitals stuff wasn’t fully endorsed by the Panhellenic Council until the early 90s.

Well they are testing each kid and making them fill out an app each day. AU has a plan. Plus lets not forget a lot if the kids got COVID over the summer and they are not getting again.

Reactions: hooter80
we’d have had a better chance against COVID back in the day. First of all, there weren’t many bars, and we couldn’t afford to go anyway.
Secondly, that mouth on genitals stuff wasn’t fully endorsed by the Panhellenic Council until the early 90s.

tumblr_neurc3PPQO1tkulplo1_500.gif

The kids are the only thing standing between us and football season. Literally the only thing that will get football season cancelled at this point is a spread within the student body. Maybe doing a little bit of social distancing to make sure football season happens is an ok idea
I Don’t expect those girls will be playing in JH anytime soon

It's undefeated. If it's between getting laid and watching football?......man that ain't even a question. Who is Big Homie Kam? Please don't tell me that Kam Martin got another year of eligibility?!?!?

College kids RE: Our wants and needs for a football season.

ZFG

Not surprised at all. College aged kids have very little risk, so they won’t change their habits, as you say neither would we. If Southeastern limits them, they’ll just move the party to the street, of frat house, or parking lot. What surprises me is that college football players are so whiny about it on social media. Reminds me of a tattletale in my third grade class.

probably because they understand an outbreak on campus will cause them to shut down football season, and playing football is necessary for them to have a chance at making money playing in the NFL? i’m just guessing here.

That's not true.
Until they see someone get it twice I am sure it is and so far there is no medical evidence that you can get it twice. Maybe one day I will be proved wrong until then those kids need to go have a damn good time.

The players are upset because they’ve been told over and over what they have to do to get to play and they are doing it but the students are going to torpedo it all with a couple of weeks of bar hopping. It’s understandable

It doesn’t help. Distancing will not solve or slow the spread. The viral load is to high in class rooms. If students stayed home and in their basement we could slow spread but that’s not feasible. It never was. How about just except the students will get it who cares.

Reactions: vanceme
Take it as a positive sign that when none of these students ends up dead or in the hospital, we know life can go on in spite of COVID.

The players are upset because they’ve been told over and over what they have to do to get to play and they are doing it but the students are going to torpedo it all with a couple of weeks of bar hopping. It’s understandable
What's understandable is college kids going to college bars.

What's not understandable is TPTB waiting to cancelling college football season due to an increase in cases of a virus that does not pose a risk to college-age kids.

It doesn’t help. Distancing will not solve or slow the spread. The viral load is to high in class rooms. If students stayed home and in their basement we could slow spread but that’s not feasible. It never was. How about just except the students will get it who cares.

I care because I want football to happen. If you want football to happen you should too

Dude, we are not changing the hormone levels of 18 - 22 year olds. Its science.

All I'm saying is at this point the only way football gets cancelled is a large spread among the students.

It's undefeated. If it's between getting laid and watching football?......man that ain't even a question. Who is Big Homie Kam? Please don't tell me that Kam Martin got another year of eligibility?!?!?
Kamaar Bell i think

... and yet, we have evidence that getting people to wear masks actually helps everyone get back to normal. But, who cares about science, much less everyone taking active responsibility to help push society forward.

... and yet, we have evidence that getting people to wear masks actually helps everyone get back to normal. But, who cares about science, much less everyone taking active responsibility to help push society forward.

The mask mandate didn’t change mask wearing in any significant way. Folks weere wearing them inside anyway and outside never mattered

All I'm saying is at this point the only way football gets cancelled is a large spread among the students.
But should it really? Say the entire school all 20K gets it. Almost all would be healthy in two weeks (if my sons friends are any indication two days is how long it takes) and life would move on.

Said better ($1 to @aler ) who cares if they get sick. Mine may have already had it but if he hasn't he sure doesn't seem like he will get it. Either way I am ok.

Last edited:

Wait so you think a mask has that kind of change? You think a mask mandate turns the graph south in two days?

What's understandable is college kids going to college bars.

What's not understandable is TPTB waiting to cancelling college football season due to an increase in cases of a virus that does not pose a risk to college-age kids.
Of course it poses a risk to them. Come on.

But should it really? Say the entire school all 20K gets it. Almost all would be healthy in two weeks (if my sons friends are any indication two days is how ling it takes) and life would move on.

Said better ($1 to @aler ) who cares if they get sick. Mine may have already had it but if he hasn't he sure doesn't seem like he will get it. Either way I am ok.

What you think and what is real life is totally different. Do you honestly believe if every student in the sec gets the virus they'll continue with football season? Let's at least try to be somewhat realistic here

Every virus curve ever looks the same way. Cali is getting pounded now they have had a mandate forever. It’s just there turn
Its called a pandemic for a reason. You can run and hide but in the end when you stop hiding, it will be there waiting. Its science....

I'm sure this has nothing to do with people in large quantities "protesting" in Counties like Jefferson with the highest case rate in Alabama. FTR I agree masks work, but that's not the ONLY variable for Alabama's decline in cases. Some states with no mask mandate are also seeing a decline in cases as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT