ADVERTISEMENT

Top things I overheard at the game last night...

AUTiger92

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 5, 2001
Boaz, AL
  1. Guy next to me looked to be about 25-30 and was with his dad. During pre-game he is looking at something on his phone and says, "I can't believe Auburn thinks they're good with a freshman leading them in scoring. Who is this Jabari Smith?" His dad immediately says "son he's going to be the number one pick in this years NBA draft"
  2. After watching Jabari in warmups a few minutes the young man says "wow I can't believe a 6-10 guy can shoot threes like that"
  3. Random guys talking in the row in front of me "How did we let all these Auburn fans get in here"
  4. About 5 mins into the game same guy from 1&2 says "Yeah he's the No. 1 pick in draft for sure. Wow"
  5. When Jabari and I think Flanigan collide near end of game and are both laying on court under the goal for long enough I got a little worried a guy three rows behind be yells out "Stay down. I hope y'all are out." I may have over-reacted but I immediately turned around and called him an a-hole. He knew he was wrong because he immediately said "I only want them out the rest of this game not really hurt. " I say that's really classy. All their fans knew he was wrong. Not one person even said a word back to me for calling him out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.