ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL TOP 20: Prince Tega Wanogho

Jay G. Tate

IT'S A TRAP!
Staff
Jan 17, 2003
Montgomery, Ala.
I'm frequently surprised by The Bunker's feelings about Wanogho. He's still a fine prospect, a player who may end up playing in the NFL, but he's a junior and he's still not quite there. Is that a dig? No way. Wanogho has the kind of personality that tends to maximize talent. He's focused, serious about his craft, unrelenting in his desire to improve. Plus he's a terrific athlete.

Still, he's just now in position to lock down a starting job and hold it. Why is The Bunker so enamored with this young man? Because he picked Auburn over Ala? Because his unusual path to Auburn football is mysterious? Because he's so big and strong and imposing? Because he's a principled, kind person despite being such a strong run blocker? Is it all of that?

I don't know, but No. 7 seems mighty high considering his track record as of today. @BryanMatthews is an avowed Wanogho Super Fan, rates him very highly, and The Bunker is even beyond that. Even if he ends up on the All-SEC team in December, Wanogho is still, as of this minute, a guy trying to play well for an entire season — for the first time. I feel like caution is appropriate, but maybe I'm wrong.

**TOP 20: Prince Tega Wanogho

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.