ADVERTISEMENT

Today would have been Chris Cornell's 60th Birthday

MetallicAub

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 25, 2015
This loss is actually still hard for me today...Chris was and is my favorite musician.
I think he was the most talented singer and songwriter of my generation and every time I hear his voice it reminds me how sad I am that he is gone.
Every piece of music he touched turned to gold...he was a part of Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, Audioslave and had an incredible solo career.
He wrote and sang one of the greatest Bond songs of all time "You Know My Name."
All of the lyrics and music from the one Temple of the Dog album were written by Chris.
Not all...but most of the music from Soundgarden was written by Chris.
All of the lyrics for Audioslave were written by Chris...while the music was written together by the group.
He was creative in ways I have never seen or heard before...I am attaching a video of Chris playing U2s One with the lyrics of Metallica's One.
His last album was released after he passed and it was a covers album...I LOVE covers and it is perfect in every way.
I cannot pretend to understand why he took his life. Was it an accident, was it intentional? I know he had demons...so many truly creative artists do.
His music lives on and it is incredible.
I challenge everyone today to listen to a song of Chris' you have never heard before today and appreciate his talent.
He was an amazing artist.

Some truly amazing "under the radar songs" from Chris Cornell I would recommend...
Nearly Forgot My Broken Heart
Before We Disappear
All Night Thing
Searching with my good eye closed
Like Suicide
As Hope and Promise Fade
Seasons

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.