ADVERTISEMENT

Today is my son’s birthday (religious post, real long, read if you want too)

Blockorcharge

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2021
I used to post on this board as “Bioman” about 10 years ago, so you may have heard my story about Jacob before, but I wanted to tell it again
When my wife was 20 weeks and we went for our ultrasound, the dr gave us the news that no parent wants to hear. Our son had a birth defect and it could affect his life. His skull didn’t close in the back and part of his brain had leaked out into a sack.
Basically, they told us that he would t make it till birth and if he did survive the birth, he would only live a couple of hours. If he did get past that part, there was only a 10% chance he would make it to his first birthday. They told us he would be blind, deaf, wouldn’t be able to talk, walk or even recognize us. They advised us to abort the baby.
Jacob turns 20 today. We are Christians and abortion wasn’t an option. Jacob can talk, loves school, can see and hear, loves to watch the news and listen to country music., and loves to eat. He has brought a lot of joy to many people. I will be totally honest and say that we haven’t always been the greatest parents to him. One time, I broke down and had a major pity party and told him “I hated him”. I realized my mistake immediately and asked God for forgiveness. It hasn’t always been easy, Jacob is wheelchair bound and needs 24 hour care, but I KNOW one day he will have a perfect body.
I didn’t type this for any praise for myself, I don’t deserve any, but just for the fact that I wanted to celebrate Jacob’s birthday with y’all.
God Bless you all!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.