ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on having 12 men on the field yesterday?

If there were 12 men on the field who's call is it to make? Auburn's? Ole Miss'? The ref's? If there were 12 men on the field I guess we did "get away with it". Do you have a link or video of the plays in question?

Reactions: coolbreezetiger
Originally posted by nudbud:
If there were 12 men on the field who's call is it to make? Auburn's? Ole Miss'? The ref's? If there were 12 men on the field I guess we did "get away with it". Do you have a link or video of the plays in question?
Here's one...

The other was when Auburn was on defense, the near TD where Treadwell was injured. Huge Freeze is already taking that one up with the SEC. I haven't seen any video of it though.

mash

Who's job is it to watch for that? I hope coach Freeze does take it to the SEC office. We have a few he can take with him. Hopefully the SEC is starting to be proactive about the officiating as they have given Tom Ritter's crew a few weeks off after the Auburn-MSU game.

Who's job is it to watch for that? I hope coach Freeze does take it to the SEC office. We have a few he can take with him. Hopefully the SEC is starting to be proactive about the officiating as they have given Tom Ritter's crew a few weeks off after the Auburn-MSU game.
So you are ok with it so long as it benefits Auburn? That's what it sounds like...

Originally posted by billywaynebama:
I didn't catch it but looks like there was at least 1-2 plays where you guys got away with it.
Most thoughts on it are go frick yourself. Auburn literally had 3 times as many penalty yards, so I don't give dont give a shit if we actually got away with something. It would have been a 5 yard penalty on first down anyway. Hardly a game altering call. You could argue there were several questionable holding and personal foul penalties on Auburn that were more costly yardage wise

What else can I say billy? I said we got away with it. Do you want me to go to the Ole Miss board and apologize? Do you want me to call the SEC office and ask them to go back to that play and penalize us and start the game over? What do you want me to do? Now that I have answered your questions, answer mine please. Who's job is it to watch for that? Is it Auburn's, Ole Miss, or the refs. Answer if you will, but I'm sure you won't.

Originally posted by billywaynebama:

So you are ok with it so long as it benefits Auburn? That's what it sounds like...
You are talking a penalty in a single game. Heck bammers claim entire NCs like democrats claim welfare checks. What is it somthing like 15 with a puff factor of +/- 6 or so. Row thde rolll.....

Originally posted by Lemon Thrower:
illegal substitution is 5 yards.

illegal participation is 15 yards.
You have no clue what you are talking about. 12 men on the field is a 5 yard penalty in college.
This post was edited on 11/3 8:03 PM by ohsfan28

Thoughts on the refs making up huge penalties against AU all year when we make big plays. Whats the effing difference? We get called for shit we don't do sometimes, and we made a mistake and had one extra player on the field and the third grade educated refs didn't catch it. Who cares?

Illegal stealing of Crabs is a night in jail and dismissal from a College Football scholarship, but thats none of my business.

Originally posted by AUMont:
Illegal stealing of Crabs is a night in jail and dismissal from a College Football scholarship, but thats none of my business.
No at FSU rape, stealing and public cussin' comes with a 'humble pie' speech from coach and a pat on the back. Go get um'

5duoig.jpg

Looks like an Ole Miss player has his hands on Sammie Coates facemask on this play, but a penalty was never called on Ole Miss

Originally posted by ohsfan28:
ec

Looks like an Ole Miss player has his hands on Sammie Coates facemask on this play, but a penalty was never called on Ole Miss
yep... double handful of face mask and a no call. ya win some ya lose some

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT