ADVERTISEMENT

Those complaining about increased crime due to the shutdowns

AUgncEngineer

GARLIC BREAD IN BED
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2017
Curious to hear how you feel about white collar crimes. I hear a lot about increased domestic violence and suicides due to the economy being down; but by the same people, I never hear anything about the white collar crimes that steal billions of dollars a year from poor people.

A person robs a gas station for $300, and serves decades in prison; but someone steals a couple million and gets a slap on the wrist. Y'all don't think that leads to increased violence and suicides?

Do you have examples? I obviously had to take an advanced audit class to become a CPA, so I’ve read a lot of case studies. We all know about the Enrons (complex creative accounting), Healthsouths (stupid creative accounting), and Tycos of the world. I’ve also read a lot about Bernie Madoff and Barry minkow.

I haven’t heard of a surge in white collar crime, so I’d be interested to read about and discuss it.

Curious to hear how you feel about white collar crimes. I hear a lot about increased domestic violence and suicides due to the economy being down; but by the same people, I never hear anything about the white collar crimes that steal billions of dollars a year from poor people.

A person robs a gas station for $300, and serves decades in prison; but someone steals a couple million and gets a slap on the wrist. Y'all don't think that leads to increased violence and suicides?
I presume the violent nature of gas station robberies leads to the increased time of incarceration.

Do you have examples? I obviously had to take an advanced audit class to become a CPA, so I’ve read a lot of case studies. We all know about the Enrons (complex creative accounting), Healthsouths (stupid creative accounting), and Tycos of the world. I’ve also read a lot about Bernie Madoff and Barry minkow.

I haven’t heard of a surge in white collar crime, so I’d be interested to read about and discuss it.
My dad was in the FBI for 25 years, so I have plenty of examples. But how about Kanye West getting $3-$5 million from the PPP as starters?

There hasn't been a crime surge due to the shutdown that's been noticeable. People act the fool all the time domestically but it hasn't really changed in any noticeable way. Property crimes like burglary are way, way down.

I presume the violent nature of gas station robberies leads to the increased time of incarnation.
What's your thoughts on 25% of the prison population being there for non-violent marijuana offenses? America has a quarter the population of China, but has more people incarcerated. Are we doing something wrong?

Reactions: cowboy2224
Did he hold a gun to someone's head and threaten death or did he just fill out some paperwork and get a deposit?
He caught a serial killer that was documented on Discovery Channel's FBI Files. But other than that, probably some paperwork.

Reactions: Docdumpsta

i was fortunate enough to see several instances of fraud when i was in public accounting. it’s amazing what people think they can get away with. my first audit as staff accidentally uncovered a huge fraud. that set the bar exciting and high.

it never happened again, at least to that extent.:(

Ive noticed an increase of white collar crime shows on tv which might be the root cause of the rise in white collar crimes (ie suits, white collar, etc) maybe we should file a suit against the broadcast companies
I've heard Paw Patrol has some pretty shady accountants known for cooking the books.

i was fortunate enough to see several instances of fraud when i was in public accounting. it’s amazing what people think they can get away with. my first audit as staff accidentally uncovered a huge fraud. that set the bar exciting and high.

it never happened again, at least to that extent.:(

The bammer went on an audit a couple of years ago and he was like “Man, this lady really sucks at accounting.” Small town. He didn’t think much more about it but made a comment to the owner of the business about the differences. It looked more like incompetence than fraud and he is an auditor for the state, so all he is concerned with is state invoices and not the financial statements as a whole. About a year later, he sent me a news article where she had been arrested for embezzlement.

giphy.gif

Reactions: AUgncEngineer

I didn’t read it as a surge in white collar crimes but maybe I’m wrong.

note: I love me some audit. Nothing like catching someone thinking they can slide some shit by without getting caught.

Holy DAWG DIKKKZ!! I watched ERRRRRY FBI FILES!! Which KILLLA did he help grab??
The guy in the link below. When they arrested him, they had to strip search him, and his entire penis was a dragon tattoo. Also, we went to a cabin in Tims Ford, Tennessee for a birthday when I was a kid. We built a bonfire at night, and saw two flashlights walking towards each other in the woods in the distance in the middle of the night. My friend's dad just said they were probably raccoon hunters. Turns out, the killer's girlfriend's trailer was a quarter mile away from where we stayed, and they would meet up late at night.

https://deathrow2019usa.blogspot.com/2019/07/charles-randall-stewart-alabama.html

EDIT:

Last edited:
What's your thoughts on 25% of the prison population being there for non-violent marijuana offenses? America has a quarter the population of China, but has more people incarcerated. Are we doing something wrong?
If we want to have a model prison system like China,; we need to put our prisoners to work in harsh labor camps, with little to no food, and then shoot them in the back of the head when they can't dig anymore.

The guy in the link below. When they arrested him, they had to strip search him, and his entire penis was a dragon tattoo. Also, we went to a cabin in Tims Ford, Tennessee for a birthday when I was a kid. We built a bonfire at night, and saw two flashlights walking towards each other in the woods in the distance in the middle of the night. My friend's dad just said they were probably raccoon hunters. Turns out, the killer's girlfriend's trailer was a quarter mile away from where we stayed, and they would meet up late at night.

https://deathrow2019usa.blogspot.com/2019/07/charles-randall-stewart-alabama.html
In

I'm not complaining about crimes I don't live anywhere these are happening. Burn it down. Lfgooo

Reactions: AUgncEngineer
If we want to have a model prison system like China,; we need to put our prisoners to work in harsh labor camps, with little to no food, and then shoot them in the back of the head when they can't dig anymore.
Shut up. I just meant we could look more like the Norwegian model that actually tries to rehabilitate them instead of putting them through hell. The return rate of prisoner's in the US is pretty bad.

Don’t think you could fit a whole dragon on my penis.

I agree OP. Justice is justice.

More perplexing - I can’t figure out how rich people like R Kelly and Epstein got away with child abuse for so long.

I presume the violent nature of gas station robberies leads to the increased time of incarceration.
True.

Sometimes it depends on who you steal from, too. Madoff got so much time because he stole rich people money. If he would have merely sacked a union fund, he would have been out years ago. Don’t fvck with people who have the POTUS on speed-dial, if you don’t want to die in prison.

My dad was in the FBI for 25 years, so I have plenty of examples. But how about Kanye West getting $3-$5 million from the PPP as starters?
Not a crime.
The PPP had guidelines and rules, businesses that played by those rules and fit within those guidelines got cash that’ll likely be forgiven.

Why would Yeezy brand be expected to leave free money on the table?

Again, not a crime.

Last edited:
I dont believe that 25% of the prison population is there for marijuana charges. Not in prison. Maybe they had MJ charges included, but very few get hard time for some MJ. Maybe Im wrong, but I am missouri here.

I dont consider trafficking as non violent, since the side business of traffickers is very, very violent.

Yes, this tells a different tale..
https://static.prisonpolicy.org/scans/whos_in_prison_for_marij.pdf

FYI, I am all for the legalization of MJ, but lets not distort facts with fiction to carry a narrative.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT