ADVERTISEMENT

"Thompson was told to find a job elsewhere"

Sanctions Stand

All-American
Sep 19, 2002
"TideSports.com has learned that Thompson was told to find a job elsewhere."

That is funny stuff right there. Rant and rave about his coaching and recruiting while a Bama and when he leaves it is because he "was told to find a job elsewhere."

Yep, that is the way you treat your best assistants and lead recruters, tell them to get lost.

Has anybody seen my barf bag?
sick.r191677.gif

Originally posted by billywaynebama:

Originally posted by Sanctions Stand:

Has anybody seen my barf bag?
sick.r191677.gif
It's likely right where you left it after the Outhouse bowl.
I've stayed away for a while, but I see you haven't! SURPRISE!!!! Did you get a new paddle for Christmas to continue stirring the pot with?
confused0024.r191677.gif

Right, so bammers want everyone to believe that 2 of their key defensive coaches and best recruiters get shown the door just before national signing day and there is ZERO information about potential replacements. So what head coach is dumb enough to make that happen? It is quite obvious that there are serious issues within the UAT coaching staff and Saban/Smart have been caught unprepared. All this hype about Steele and Thompson being told to find another job is PR damage control talking points. UAT always leaks a set of talking points to their loyalists on message boards and into sports media to cover up negative events. UAT had no choice but to leak a story like that to protect their recruiting class. Think about this, as big a control freak and micro-manager as Saban is, do you really believe he would push 2 key recruiters and coaches out at the worst possible timing and not have replacements ready to back fill ?? Ridiculous ! !

My guess is that Thompson called his 'ol friend Muschamp as soon as Will's deal was done with AU and worked out a deal to jump. Everyone knows how much Thompson despises Kiffin after Wonder boy's scorched earth exit from UT. Not only that, several UAT insiders including Wimp Sanderson have said that Kiffin was a bad hire but Saban can't say that because there is too much invested. Also, don't be surprised if there are more coaching desertions and/or NCAA investigations coming to UAT. Saban and Smart are scrambling right now to hang on to recruits and find some new coaches.

no, no, no.. bammy has all that tradition and 45 NCs. nobody leaves bammy when you have all that bammy in you! you must be told to find a job elsewhere because you cant handle all the bammy that is in you! row thde row!

Here are some comments from Saban:

On hiring new assistants:
"We don't really have time to spend a lot of time interviewing people now when you're out recruiting so when we can do the due diligence that we need to do to do it, that's when we'll make a decision about it."

"We've had several opportunities and given Lance several opportunities through the years and this same circumstance has occurred several times before. I can't really tell you why coaches do what they do, and I think the best thing you can do is ask him, not me. We'll do the best we can to find the best replacement for him. They guy did a good job for us when he was with us and we wish him well. We've always wished him well. We'll continue to try to have the best program we can have for our players and get the best teachers and coaches for our players."

No coach hired or even interviewed when the current ones were told to "find another job"? That is great planning by a head coach.

You can't tell why coaches do what they do? If you told them to "find another job" then it is pretty easy to explain that these coaches were let go and you want to move in another direction. Why did Saban hire Thompson back several times?

BOL is completely FOS. Pee down your back and tell you it is raining. What a joke.

This post was edited on 1/22 7:13 AM by Sanctions Stand

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT