ADVERTISEMENT

This is just so pathetic

kevnaminute

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2009
https://www.yahoo.com/news/rioters-destroy-bar-black-minneapolis-191303655.html

“Rioters protesting the death of Minneapolis resident George Floyd, an African-American man who died after being arrested and pinned to the ground by officer Derek Chauvin, destroyed a bar owned by a black former firefighter Wednesday night.

Korboi Balla had invested his life savings in the bar and was planning to open it before the coronavirus pandemic caused mass business closures. Balla then moved the opening date to June 1, when Minnesota plans to lift restrictions on restaurants, but the bar has since been wracked and looted in the riots, CBS first reported.”

Wow - tough breaks for that guy. I feel for him.

“Rioters protesting the death of Minneapolis resident George Floyd, an African-American man who died after being arrested and pinned to the ground by officer Derek Chauvin, destroyed a bar owned by a black former firefighter Wednesday night.

Korboi Balla had invested his life savings in the bar and was planning to open it before the coronavirus pandemic caused mass business closures. Balla then moved the opening date to June 1, when Minnesota plans to lift restrictions on restaurants, but the bar has since been wracked and looted in the riots, CBS first reported.”
Good news is that the GoFundMe for him has taken off.

638k at the time of posting this

https://www.gofundme.com/f/scores-bar-mpls-riot-rebuild

EDIT: Up to 655k. Went up 17k in an hour. Not a bad rate

Last edited:

With insurance though can't they rebuild or at least take a cash payout? With COVID wiping out a huge number of restaurants I would venture to guess a lot of restaurant owners would rather their restaurant burn and get ins money vs. going out of business from COVID and losing everything. I would be like great please burn it.

Reactions: kenews
With insurance though can't they rebuild or at least take a cash payout? With COVID wiping out a huge number of restaurants I would venture to guess a lot of restaurant owners would rather their restaurant burn and get ins money vs. going out of business from COVID and losing everything. I would be like great please burn it.
From my understanding he did not yet have insurance as the business has never been operational. The sad part is the looters will continue because the go fund me, they view insurance as a scapegoat

Don't matter. With all the businesses getting the insurance payouts the area will see insurance rates go through the moon. That means they will decide the doors closed is a better option and head elsewhere. This is devastating for the community.

I don’t understand how this is possible. I didn’t think you could even get a business license without some type of insurance.
This, I can’t imagine he even got a liquor license without insurance either.

ADVERTISEMENT