ADVERTISEMENT

This coverage of Michael Sam is pathetic

Bidness Bird

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2012
Just because the guy is gay the halftime coverage is all about him. This crap is pathetic.

ESPN does love their story lines. They particularly love it when there is controversy. Honestly, sports news is not watchable. I love the games and the play by play. The rest of it isn't worth my time. Caveat: if you want real time, up to the minute, highly accurate and honest sports information you need to look no further than JGT, Bryan, Jeffrey, Allie and of course, Will. What more could you ask for?

He's a liberal hero. Hussein told him he was. Too bad he won't make the cut.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Get over it bro. It's the world we live in now. ESPN is a subsidiary of Disney, a private corporation that is well within its rights to be pro-homo. You always are well within your rights to withdraw your consumption of the service they provide. You are also well within yiur rights to organize with an aim at killing their business. You are also within your rights to moan on the bunker.... and I am within mine to make you aware of these points.

Originally posted by MDSTigers1:
ESPN does love their story lines. They particularly love it when there is controversy. Honestly, sports news is not watchable. I love the games and the play by play. The rest of it isn't worth my time. Caveat: if you want real time, up to the minute, highly accurate and honest sports information you need to look no further than JGT, Bryan, Jeffrey, Allie and of course, Will. What more could you ask for?
That's the real reason Dungy said "I wouldn't draft him".

It's also why a lot of people wouldn't want Tebow on their team, even if he was a good player. Tebow just is a huge effing distraction.

Michael Sam is the gay version of Tim Tebo...waiiiiit a minute.

I never once said I had a problem with him being gay. Get off your high horse. The pathetic part is that tgey spent 15 minutes analyzing his ONE tackle and minimal playibg time solely because he is gay. He did not play lights out at all but you certainly couldn't tell by the way they were talking. My point is that he just wants to be treated like everyone else. Until he makes a play, there is no reason to analyze anything. Im sure he would agree. I never once saodbthe problem was that he's gay. The problem is the media and it's absolutely pathetic.

Originally posted by willid6:
Please stop talking about this and also how other men wear their hats.
If you were not so stupid you would know that you don't have to click on threads that you do not like. GTFO

Originally posted by WarEagle2271:

If you were not so stupid you would know that you don't have to click on threads that you do not like. GTFO
Funny, I thought people could do the same thing with stuff on TV instead of coming on the bunker and bitching about it.

Originally posted by Josh9454:

Funny, I thought people could do the same thing with stuff on TV instead of coming on the bunker and bitching about it.
I was watching the game and this is a football board, but please continue...

Ironic post is ironic.

The folks disturbed by Michael Sam never seem to be too quick on the draw.

Correlation? Causation?

We report, you decide.

I was watching the game and this is a football board, but please continue...
Surprised I have to spell this out for you, but you claim they talked about Sam for 15 minutes, why did you sit there watching it? Just as you called the other guy stupid for reading this thread, perhaps you were being stupid for watching 15 minutes of something that you hate so much? Halftime shows usually last the same amount of time, you could have turned back once football started but no, you just had to keep watching for some reason. Then you come here and carry it on even longer by making yet another Michael Sam thread. For someone that hates the publicity he is getting, you sure do your part, chief.

Isn't Tim Tebow the gay version of Tim Tebow?

I need a scorecard.

You seem pretty interested in this thread yourself. Obviously others agree with what I said. Just browsing twitter I can see it is actually a big topic. You had the choice to skip this thread but you continue to post here after you have already made your point. I see it as an insult to every player on the field who actually did something noteworthy. I waited for them to talk about Tre or Greg, or really anyone who was standing out because I missed the first quarter, but it never happened. Feel free to continue to post, but I dont agree with a word you say.

You seem pretty interested in this thread yourself. Obviously others agree with what I said. Just browsing twitter I can see it is actually a big topic. You had the choice to skip this thread but you continue to post here after you have already made your point. I see it as an insult to every player on the field who actually did something noteworthy. I waited for them to talk about Tre or Greg, or really anyone who was standing out because I missed the first quarter, but it never happened. Feel free to continue to post, but I dont agree with a word you say.
I didn't come here and post to complain your issues with Michael Sam, only to point out the irony in what you said. Whether or not people on twitter agree with you, it doesn't change the fact that you were guilty of the exact thing you called him stupid for. Glad we could clear this up.

I didn't come here and post to complain your issues with Michael Sam, only to point out the irony in what you said. Whether or not people on twitter agree with you, it doesn't change the fact that you were guilty of the exact thing you called him stupid for. Glad we could clear this up.
Good chat.

Why are some of you so obsessed with this guy? You are letting this cause you stress. It is eating at you mentally, likely physiologically as well. Not healthy bro. He wins when he gets the media coverage and puts everyone who has an issue with it at a higher risk of heart attack.

Originally posted by khammbs:
Why are some of you so obsessed with this guy? You are letting this cause you stress. It is eating at you mentally, likely physiologically as well. Not healthy bro. He wins when he gets the media coverage and puts everyone who has an issue with it at a higher risk of heart attack.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
thumbs-up-borat.jpg

They're covering Michael Sam because this is a relatively new thing in sports AND there are a lot of ignorant and bigoted people against him. If being homosexual wasn't such a controversial thing this wouldn't be a story. The only reason this IS a story is because Sam has critics like you.

Just because the guy is gay the halftime coverage is all about him. This crap is pathetic.
About the only 'barrier' to break now is for him to play in a regular season game. So after he plays that first game and the coverage in the days after, I don't want to hear much else about Michael Sam unless it has to do with production on the field. Treat him like any other player. I don't give a shit about his partner, whether they want to get married or adopt kids, whether they march in a pride parade, what he eats for breakfast...none of it. Not unless he is a difference maker on the turf on Sundays.

All I know is lesbians kissing rule but Sam kissing his boy on draft day made me wanna hurl. What up wid dat? :0)

fin_girls_kissing_0028.jpg

michael-sam-kiss-wide.png

you be the judge

This post was edited on 8/11 10:46 AM by Sanctions Stand

ADVERTISEMENT