ADVERTISEMENT

The University is going back to masks

But a mask can stop a fart......but can stop COVID? Makes sense.

i wasn't addressing whether or not they work, just his attitude towards them as a conservative. he refuses to use vax mitigation efforts to push his political agenda, and he definitely has one.

it might have something to do with his longtime fiance being a lead clinical research manager for a major health system. 🤷‍♂️

advisor dude: "we know today that many of the face cloth coverings that people wear are not very effective...we need to talk about better masking..."

clay travis: "they said masks don't work!!!!"

200.gif

whether they work or not, that's some pitiful comprehension skills

advisor dude: "we know today that many of the face cloth coverings that people wear are not very effective...we need to talk about better masking..."

200.gif

Not a Clay Travis fan, but how do you comprehend what he said?

Not a Clay Travis fan, but how do you comprehend what he said?

i literally just typed it out? it's impossible to be more clear.

they said that shitty masks don't work, not all masks. i'm not trying to be a dick but i don't know how much more simple i can put it.

travis acted as if it was an indictment on all masks...when it was not

Reactions: Piss Jug

200.gif

so its the american peoples fault that there arent billions of surgical level masks available?

dont really care about clay, but thats how i interpreted the Advisors comments.

they said that shitty masks don't work, not all masks. i'm not trying to be a dick but i don't know how much more simple i can put it.

Man on TV said: we know today that many of the face cloth coverings that people wear are not very effective

Travis said: the masks people are wearing don’t work against covid

🤷‍♂️

Hey brainiac they are not requiring people to walk around in N95 masks so your point is stupid.

Hey brainiac they are not requiring people to walk around in N95 masks so your point is stupid.

not only that but if eveyone wore an n95 mask and they arent suppose to be reused after a day or two, we are going to need somewhere in the 9,000,000,000 per month of surgical level masks.

so its the american peoples fault that there arent billions of surgical level masks available?

dont really care about clay, but thats how i interpreted the Advisors comments.

who the hell is saying it's the american people's fault? it's no ones fault. it is what it is.

i truly have zero clue how you could listen to that and come away with "they are blaming americans for not having n-95s"...

i'll break it down: the dude said it would be optimal if everyone was using better masks b/c the cloth gaitors and what not can't protect like an N95

Reactions: KilgoreTrout
20210513_191819-1080x640.jpg

Do you see a problem with the messaging when now it is “Vaxxed and Masked”?

Since when did we have to care about the population who is too dumb to take care of themselves?
No. People are trying really hard to confuse themselves. Everyone should get vaccinated. Because so many still are not, the virus is still spreading at unacceptable rates people in areas of high transmission should wear masks indoors in groups whether vaxxed or not. It’s pretty simple.

"all individuals are required to wear face coverings inside all Auburn University buildings and on University transportation, beginning August 3."

Better hope things change quick if we want to have full capacity to watch Jabari Smith and Bruce take over.
DAMMIT! Attending graduation this weekend. ARRrrrhhhhhhh

If everybody wore the appropriate mask and wore them properly, it would absolutely make a difference.

Such a silly rule. Who is this protecting? Get the vaccine if you’re scared. Or don’t and live your life. Who are we masking for? The people who are scared and don’t want the vaccine? The people who have been vaccinated but don’t trust the vaccine? It’s all theater.

Man on TV said: we know today that many of the face cloth coverings that people wear are not very effective

Travis said: the masks people are wearing don’t work against covid

🤷‍♂️

have you ever in life done something then figured out a way to do it better? now pretend that's masks

why do we refuse to accept the fluidity of COVID? things change.

travis calling it cosmetic theater is him saying masks don't work at all...when that's not what the dude said. we now know that some of the coverings don't work as well...before, we were just doing whatever we could do to mitigate b/c it was a new thing

an N95 is not cosmetic theatre. there's no way to get everyone an n-95 of course so that would mean at least the next best thing which might be a cloth mask...this dude didn't say just wear nothing if it isn't n-95

have you ever in life done something then figured out a way to do it better? now pretend that's masks

why do we refuse to accept the fluidity of COVID? things change.

travis calling it cosmetic theater is him saying masks don't work at all...when that's not what the dude said

an N95 is not cosmetic theatre
Ok man. They said the same thing, and they are both correct.

if you think i believe for a second clay travis meant "people need better masks" from his tweet then you must think im the dumbest mother****er on the planet. truthfully.
The point is that we have heard for 18 months that face coverings slow the transmission. Now that the cat has been let out of the bag on these useless face diapers, it's "we need to be wearing N95 masks property sized and fitted".

Travis said: "masks that people are wearing". 99% of people are wearing cloth/paper masks. The guy said they are not effective.

The point is that we have heard for 18 fuggin months that face coverings slow the transmission. Now that the cat has been let out of the bag on these useless face diapers, it's "we need to be wearing N95 masks property sized and fitted".

Travis said: "masks that people are wearing". 99% of people are wearing cloth/paper masks. The guy said they are not effective.

what part of "fluid situation" did you not understand Jim? answer that question for me please. do you know everything about everything when you do something or experience something for the first time? or do you figure out ways to get better, do things better? do you live like that? or do you just say fvck it what i was doing first didn't work so i shall quit trying

so save me the bullshit about "now that the cat is out of the bag"...i'm not going that low on the intelligence scale today

and i already explained my stance on your last sentence...you will never get accept what i'm saying though b/c you refuse to

what part of "fluid situation" did you not understand Jim? answer that question for me please. do you know everything about everything when you do something or experience something for the first time? or do you figure out ways to get better, do things better? do you live like that? or do you just say fvck it what i was doing first didn't work so i shall quit trying

so save me the bullshit about "now that the cat is out of the bag"...i'm not going that low on the intelligence scale today

and i already explained my stance on your last sentence...you will never get accept what i'm saying though b/c you refuse to
Cloth masks don't do shit. That's the takeaway by me (and Travis) from what the guy said. It's just more confirmation of what many of us have been saying the whole time.

The rest of your rant is nonsense and irrelevant to anything we're talking about ITT.

Cloth masks don't do shit. That's the takeaway by me (and Travis) from what the guy said. It's just more confirmation of what many of us have been saying the whole time.

The rest of your rant is nonsense and irrelevant to anything we're talking about ITT.

you can't see the forest b/c of the trees.

you refuse to answer my question about fluidity b/c it blows up your whole thought process. i knew you wouldn't answer it though. i've seen how you've been throughout all of this and know that no amount of discussion can change your mind on any of this. i mean hell, you are willing to go down with Clay Travis...not sure why i even bothered

Reactions: Stumpfan
you can't see the forest b/c of the trees.

you refuse to answer my question about fluidity b/c it blows up your whole thought process. i knew you wouldn't answer it though. i've seen how you've been throughout all of this and know that no amount of discussion can change your mind on any of this. i mean hell, you are willing to go down with Clay Travis...not sure why i even bothered
I'm really confused what the hell fluidity has to do with anything. Are you trying to say THE SCIENCE ™️ has changed and cloth masks were never effective, but we are just now figuring that out?

How am I "going down with Clay Travis"? By agreeing with him on this particular matter. I mean, I've been on the cloth masks are completely useless pieces of shit the whole time.

I'm really confused what the hell fluidity has to do with anything. Are you trying to say THE SCIENCE ™️ has changed and cloth masks were never effective, but we are just now figuring that out?

How am I "going down with Clay Travis"? By agreeing with him on this particular matter. I mean, I've been on the cloth masks are completely useless pieces of shit the whole time.

how can there be science on something that has never been studied Jim? how? when was the last time scientists were able to study covid before covid? when? you act like we should never have attempted mitigation until we knew 100% exactly what to do.

at first we were cleaning everything, then it was masks, then we started learning more and stopped cleaning everything, now we know not all coverings work very well. that's what fluidity is. taking something totally new, and learning how to deal with it over time in a better way and as it evolves...the virus is changing...again...fluidity. i know, extremely hard to stuff to grasp here.

you are going down with him by being 100% naive to what he really means and acting like he knows up from down when it comes to this virus. he is a fvckin moron when it comes to this virus.

That doesn't change the fact that the university, as a whole, students, faculty and staff, trend much more conservative than any other public university in the south.
You are making a very broad and blanket statement there without much data or source information. Do you happen to know how many Universities are technically in the South? Also, that most Universities have a faculty that trend further left, as do many in academia regardless of geographic region.

When I was a student (1997-2001) Auburn had no college Democrat club because there was no interest from any students. That 2000 election year, Auburn college Republicans would have keg parties and there'd be 200-300 students there easily. Sometimes more. (My buddy was treasurer of the club at the time).
I have zero doubts in 1997-2001 the student population was heavily conservative. Certainly more than it is now. But that was 20+ years ago and much has changed in the University setting,

how can there be science on something that has never been studied Jim? how? when was the last time scientists were able to study covid before covid? when? you act like we should never have attempted mitigation until we knew 100% exactly what to do.

at first we were cleaning everything, then it was masks, then we started learning more and stopped cleaning everything, now we know not all coverings work very well. that's what fluidity is. taking something totally new, and learning how to deal with it over time in a better way and as it evolves...the virus is changing...again...fluidity. i know, extremely hard to stuff to grasp here.

you are going down with him by being 100% naive to what he really means and acting like he knows up from down when it comes to this virus. he is a fvckin moron when it comes to this virus.
I'm sorry you don't have the critical thinking skills that would have allowed you to see from the very beginning that cloth masks were useless in containing the spread of a respiratory airborne virus. It was accepted by the scientific community before 2020, and Fauxci said it privately and publicly until the politics of the virus changed.

Now that there is enough evidence (and enough people that can see through the bullshit) to show that they don't work, the science has changed?

giphy.gif

No. People are trying really hard to confuse themselves. Everyone should get vaccinated. Because so many still are not, the virus is still spreading at unacceptable rates people in areas of high transmission should wear masks indoors in groups whether vaxxed or not. It’s pretty simple.
We were told for months that once the vaccine was here and widely available we would be able to return to normal. There wasn’t a caveat on there that said X% of the population had to take the vaccine or even the vaccinated would still need to remain masked.

Right now the spread of the Delta variant is crossing through vaxxed and unvaxxed but the population that is being hospitalized is the unvaxxed.

There is no reason to backtrack on the removal of the mask mandate when the only people being impacted by COVID at this point are people who are willingly choosing not to be vaccinated.

I have heard a total of 1 story (I am sure there are a handful more) of children under 12 who have had severe illness and/or death from COVID. Not to return to the “flu is worse” debate but hundreds of children die every year from the flu - and that is with widely available vaccines. Kids right now have gone 18 months through the COVID pandemic with a negligible number of negative instances.

So again, who are we protecting? The adults who are choosing not to be vaccinated? Nah, I’d rather live my life as normal since they have chosen to live their life as they wish.

I'm sorry you don't have the critical thinking skills that would have allowed you to see from the very beginning that cloth masks were useless in containing the spread of a respiratory airborne virus. It was accepted by the scientific community before 2020, and Fauxci said it privately and publicly until the politics of the virus changed.

Now that there is enough evidence (and enough people that can see through the bullshit) to show that they don't work, the science has changed?

giphy.gif

you have riced the **** out of this....totally moved the goalposts

this was never about me saying masks work amazingly. never. you just can't stay on track b/c you are flailing away trying to defend a complete ****ing moron's tweet. we did whatever we thought we could to stop people from dying...some of it was pointless indeed...but that in no way means we shouldn't have tried to do what we could and part of that was wearing masks...any kind of mask...which we now know does not work as well if you don't have a good one or dont wear properly. if you think it was a grand conspiracy to make people wear masks for no reason from day 1 then i have some beachfront property for you here in the GUMP.

you have been the same since day 1 of this. nobody can tell you anything. i can probably dig up 100s of asinine posts you have made about this virus that has killed 100s of thousands

you have riced the **** out of this....totally moved the goalposts

this was never about me saying masks work amazingly. never. you just can't stay on track b/c you are flailing away trying to defend a complete ****ing moron's tweet. we did whatever we thought we could to stop people from dying...some of it was pointless indeed...but that in no way means we shouldn't have tried to do what we could and part of that was wearing masks...any kind of mask...which we now know does not work as well if you don't have a good one or dont wear properly. if you think it was a grand conspiracy to make people wear masks for no reason from day 1 then i have some beachfront property for you here in the GUMP.

you have been the same since day 1 of this. nobody can tell you anything. i can probably dig up 100s of asinine posts you have made about this virus that has killed 100s of thousands
It was CNN and a top health official in the Biden administration for the love of GOD. It was not Clay Travis. He just posted the link.

It was CNN and a top health official in the Biden administration for the love of GOD. It was not Clay Travis. He just posted the link.

for the love of GOD i was talking about Clay Travis' typed out words in response to health official. come on man you are smart than this. you can disagree with me and still understand this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT