ADVERTISEMENT

The U.S. Is Nearing Immunity from Covid

I would guess we will be at 75% overall in a month or two. That’s assuming a 50% overlap on people with natural immunity getting vaccinated. By summer, we will have a ton more infected and a ton more injected as kids under 12 will start in Nov according to most. I expect we don’t return to June 2021 numbers until spring. All you have to do is look at other delta waves. They don’t go down to the previous baseline. Winter will hit some states hard but it won’t be like this august/September surge.

Herd immunity was commonly thought to be 70% for the last eighteen months.

Now the CDC estimates that 83% of the population has some kind of immunity yet we still aren’t hearing about herd immunity.

What is the new threshold now?

Reactions: TBFan

Now the CDC estimates that 83% of the population has some kind of immunity yet we still aren’t hearing about herd immunity.

That was pre-delta but we have known for a while that there will be no herd immunity. It’s here for the foreseeable future. Also, link to the actual cdc estimating 83%? Or maybe somebody used their estimate on how many have had Covid to guess at the 83%?

I've said from the beginning, that in my humble opinion, we might not be able to reach herd immunity with this weird pathogen. It was just another false promise/lie that was used to try and motivate folks to go get vaccinated. It worked to some degree, but I've also seen folks who were ready to fight and harm the "unvaccinated" because they got tricked into playing a stupid, unproductive blame game.

There are still some folks who are super mad, calling "unvaccinated" folks selfish because they believe they are keeping us from obtaining herd immunity.

I've said from the beginning, that in my humble opinion, we might not be able to reach herd immunity with this weird pathogen. It was just another false promise/lie that was used to try and motivate folks to go get vaccinated. It worked to some degree, but I've also seen folks who were ready to fight and harm the "unvaccinated" because they got tricked into playing a stupid, unproductive blame game.

There are still some folks who are super mad, calling "unvaccinated" folks selfish because they believe they are keeping us from obtaining herd immunity.

They are idiots and selfish. Herd immunity is impossible but normal life isn’t. They are prolonging it but delta will eventually vaccinate them.

They are idiots and selfish. Herd immunity is impossible but normal life isn’t. They are prolonging it but delta will eventually vaccinate them.

Well okay then. Fait accompli, so can you and others stop with your crusade? They will in ALL LIKELIHOOD have significantly better overall protection against the entire FAMILY of COVID variants, just as I've been saying for some time now, (when you and others like Monica Ghandi were trumpeting the specific immunological response to the spike protein alone).

Well okay then. Fait accompli, so can you and others stop with your crusade? They will in ALL LIKELIHOOD have significantly better overall protection against the entire FAMILY of COVID variants, just as I've been saying for some time now, (when you and others like Monica Ghandi were trumpeting the specific immunological response to the spike protein alone).

No, we need to get past this shit. Also, they endanger themselves and the rest of us by not getting vaccinated. And no, the vaccines should have a more broader protection against all variants. Scott Gotliebb went over this. Also, anybody that thinks getting Covid is better for you than getting a vaccine is a psycho like yourself.

No, we need to get past this shit. Also, they endanger themselves and the rest of us by not getting vaccinated. And no, the vaccines should have a more broader protection against all variants. Scott Gotliebb went over this. Also, anybody that thinks getting Covid is better for you than getting a vaccine is a psycho like yourself.

Soooo, you want everyone to be forced to vaccinate, even if they don't need it, b/c your vaccine doesn't work..

Gottit.

Soooo, you want everyone to be forced to vaccinate, even if they don't need it, b/c your vaccine doesn't work..

Gottit.

Never said forced, dipshit. I’m sure our definitions of forced are different. Also, I DGAS if somebody with natural immunity gets vaccinated. I’m talking about the ones that haven’t gotten Covid.

I've never said anyone should get COVID, or that it was better, (and you know that you troll). You are a true psycho and pathological liar. I still feel that we could be trading a very strong specific immunological response to the spike protein, for better overall protection to the entire family of variants. I've been hypothesizing this for quite some time.

I may not be right, but it's silly for you to be so strident about it when you've been proven wrong on so many other aspects of the pandemic. You never seem to learn, and it's sad, because you talk more than anyone else, and spew your vomit all over the board. Playing the blame game is unproductive, and harmful in other ways too.

I've never said anyone should get COVID, or that it was better, (and you know that you troll). You are a true psycho and pathological liar. I still feel that we could be trading a very strong specific immunological response to the spike protein, for better overall protection to the entire family of variants. I've been hypothesizing this for quite some time.

I may not be right, but it's silly for you to be so strident about it when you've been proven wrong on so many other aspects of the pandemic. You never seem to learn, and it's sad, because you talk more than anyone else, and spew your vomit all over the board. Playing the blame game is unproductive, and harmful in other ways too.

Sure you did. You bragged about the immunity they would get and how it would be better than the vaccine. I see right thru you, anti-vax psycho. For God sakes, you compared a vaccine mandate to rape! You’re a sick bastard, man.

Sure you did. You bragged about the immunity they would get and how it would be better than the vaccine. I see right thru you, anti-vax psycho. For God sakes, you compared a vaccine mandate to rape! You’re a sick bastard, man.

Go link a post where I brag about or remotely imply that folks should get COVID instead of the vaccination. It amazes me that you are dumb enough to think if you lie, and create a crazy strawman, that folks will believe you. Everyone knows what you're about, and you ARE the board's consensus worst poster, on this and several other boards.

Go link a post where I brag about or remotely imply that folks should get COVID instead of the vaccination. It amazes me that you are dumb enough to think if you lie, and create a crazy strawman, that folks will believe you. Everyone knows what you're about, and you ARE the board's consensus worst poster, on this and several other boards.

Read your own post I responded to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT