ADVERTISEMENT

The Marlins are more WOKE than all of you combined

giphy.gif

Why would you care?
I like MLB. My team is in the NL East. So yes, I do keep up with hires other teams make.

Is she good? I have no idea. Did they hire her because she’s good or because she’s a female? I have no idea. She’s worked in MLB headquarters for 9 years and hasn’t been with an MLB team making personnel/trade/international free agent signings/drafts since 2011. That may be an issue. Or it may not be if she’s great? Time will tell why she was hired.

Reactions: adean04
As long as she stays locked in her home, wears a mask, does not participate in the upcoming holidays, and takes her vaccine, this will be a government approved hire.

Reactions: rainmaker5
As a Braves fan I hope she fails miserably.

As a fan of yuman beings and seeing she has worked in MLB for a long time and now has a job most only dream of, I hope she does great.

Pretty weak troll attempt by OP IMO. Good for her and a significantly bold move by the Marlins, kudos to them as well.
Is it really a “significantly bold” move? I don’t think of it as bold, but can see how one might.

Is it really a “significantly bold” move? I don’t think of it as bold, but can see how one might.
To be the 1st major professional men's organization, especially one as traditional and stuck in their ways as baseball, to hire a female as their GM, I think is a pretty bold hire to break through that barrier. Regardless, just happy to see her get her much-deserved opportunity - pedigree speaks for itself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT