ADVERTISEMENT

The Legend of Chat Tiger

David Hasselhoff

NOW SANS ASTERISK
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2009
Nashville
Hard to believe it’s been 11 years since we lost Elton in a motorcycle accident. He was the best kind of Auburn Man and an even better person, in general. I never saw him angry or bitter, just always spreading joy. His laugh and smile were infectious and if I had to guess, he never met a stranger.

I was lucky enough to be a Tiger Host with ole Chat around 2007. We were standing behind the end zone when Tre Smith scooped up that Florida fumble and flipped into the end zone, a memory I hold up there with Cam jawdroppers and the Miracles of 2013.

I’ll never forget getting that call as, up until then, I knew very little of loss. I was stopped in my tracks at McDougal’s, no longer interested in my chicken fingers. I also remember Ben Rector’s “When A Heart Breaks” continually wrecking me for the weeks and months after. It still will later tonight.

We had some GOOD times in Tiger Hosts and he would be a household name on the Bunker by now. As silly as it sounds, I’m angry about all the e-memories we didn’t get to make here. So have a drink, or pour one out, listen to that sad song tonight, and hug your family and brAUs tight this weekend.

075-D3740-39-F4-45-F2-A4-C5-D7-B77-F3-DFFA9.jpg

Elton raising hell in the back, my chalky ass rockin COSTAS and bein awkward in the front.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.