ADVERTISEMENT

The First Time You Got Butthurt on Das Bunker

David Hasselhoff

NOW SANS ASTERISK
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2009
Nashville
2009 - at the time, I was “fresh off the boat” on The Bunker. I hadn’t even asked for directions from Birmingham to Destin or for fishing charter recs once I got there. An innocent, newb douche, bless my heart. (I often see FB memories from this era and cringe so hard I couldn’t shit a greased BB)

Well, you’ll all remember a handsome piece of AUss named Joel Bonomola. During his (official?) visit, his dad happened to sit down at my table at Ariccia (What I’d do for some of that Calamari and Bolognese right now). We chatted and I’ll never forget his proud face when he said, “Joel just committed”.

Naturally, I took Mr B’s beautiful, parenting joy/moment and ran to teh bunker to exchange it for internet fame.

BONOMOLO HAS COMITTED I typed as I fancied my myself the next Jeffrey Lee. Well, my grandiose hopes and dreams of being the #1 AU INSIDER were quickly dashed when some dildAU replies, “LET THE KID HAVE HIS MOMENT!”

Distraught is not a strong enough word. My russles were jimmied to Bolivia and I bet I was closer to crying than I’d like to admit. What a baby back bitch.

In the following years 10 years, I would send a quite pathetic DM to J-Lee or JGT anytime I caught a bant. Some worse than others but YUCK, ya know? Now I’d send an “LOL see you in a couple weeks”.

Okay, yore turn…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.