ADVERTISEMENT

The cost of locking down. "year's worth of suicide attempts in the last four weeks"...

In their defense their science said it wouldnt happen despite the fact the science they were holding up as fact never actually studied a full nationwide shutdown's effect on the mental health of a population.
For the most part, this country couldn't care less about mental health. It's why no one can seem to figure out these mass shootings or they just blame guns.

Also to be fair, this article isn’t discussing the affects of the shutdown on a national level. It’s pointing out the rise in suicides in the Bay Area. Without being too crass, the Bay Area may not be the best place to draw broad conclusions on the mental state of the entire nation. It’s arguable that the mental well being of the Bay Area pre lockdown was, by in large, already somewhat suspect.
It’s a valid point though, that there have been and will continue to be negative side ramifications that will materialize as we move through this.

What a nightmare of an article. Protect the ouldes, encourage those with co-morbidities to protect themselves and get this thing wide open.

"We've never seen numbers like this, in such a short period of time," he said. "I mean we've seen a year's worth of suicide attempts in the last four weeks."
for many business owners they have watched their lives washed down the toilet intentionally . they see no hope

Reactions: Hornacious
Also to be fair, this article isn’t discussing the affects of the shutdown on a national level. It’s pointing out the rise in suicides in the Bay Area. Without being too crass, the Bay Area may not be the best place to draw broad conclusions on the mental state of the entire nation. It’s arguable that the mental well being of the Bay Area pre lockdown was, by in large, already somewhat suspect.
It’s a valid point though, that there have been and will continue to be negative side ramifications that will materialize as we move through this.
its everywhere we are destroying the nation doing something that may not even work. the states opening and those thjat never fully shutdown are doing better

You are correct. The article is about a local issue. I would suspect that other areas have similar issues. I could be wrong though.

Reactions: Hornacious and aler
I’m going to start a new forum for this kind of junk mail.

“Dear Facebook”

All threads aimed at giving alers (all of them) a tee to use as a starting point for another mindless rant about the “hoax.”
so will this new forum be safe to address the issue honestly as you are becoming aware the country is swiftly coming to see things as I do. I checked to make sure this was no longer on the bunker

Reactions: BigtimeAub
its everywhere we are destroying the nation doing something that may not even work. the states opening and those thjat never fully shutdown are doing better
I’m not saying it is or isn’t. I’m simply saying the Bay Area is a rather unique place. Densely populated, extremely high homeless rate, extremely high cost of living. The pressure there is considerably different than it is, say, in the southeast where, it has been my experience that the vast majority of people seemed to roll with it and adjust pretty well.

I have said from the beginning, we as a society, tend to under prepare and over react. I think that is what has happened in this case as well, but to suggest that we, as a nation, are jumping out of buildings because we just can’t take it, is a bit much.
I just think it’s a stretch to suggest that whats happening in San Fransisco isn’t a microcosm of the entire country. It’s just an opinion.

I’m not saying it is or isn’t. I’m simply saying the Bay Area is a rather unique place. Densely populated, extremely high homeless rate, extremely high cost of living. The pressure there is considerably different than it is, say, in the southeast where, it has been my experience that the vast majority of people seemed to roll with it and adjust pretty well.

I have said from the beginning, we as a society, tend to under prepare and over react. I think that is what has happened in this case as well, but to suggest that we, as a nation, are jumping out of buildings because we just can’t take it, is a bit much.
I just think it’s a stretch to suggest that whats happening in San Fransisco isn’t a microcosm of the entire country. It’s just an opinion.
I agree with you, fairly logical argument

I’m going to start a new forum for this kind of junk mail.

“Dear Facebook”

All threads aimed at giving alers (all of them) a tee to use as a starting point for another mindless rant about the “hoax.”
Not very professional @Jay G. Tat.

Reactions: Jay G. Tate
so will this new forum be safe to address the issue honestly as you are becoming aware the country is swiftly coming to see things as I do. I checked to make sure this was no longer on the bunker
I’ll never go there. I’ll let you vent about all the superfluous, fake stuff you should all (the various people who use your account) be venting about on Facebook.

I’ll never go there. I’ll let you vent about all the superfluous, fake stuff you should all (the various people who use your account) be venting about on Facebook.
no one has ever used my account ever. no one even knows I have one. I certainly dont have a facebook account or twitter. I am surprised that you might think I do. I still wish you would stop by one day and introduce yourself. every friday and saturday during the season, more and more make my tailgate a regular thing. I think you would be surprised at some who do. Anyway no need to respond, we are getting off track. you provide a service that I enjoy and don't want to come off as unappreciative. I will continue to abide by your requests. They are reasonable and I have no problem with them

What a nightmare of an article. Protect the ouldes, encourage those with co-morbidities to protect themselves and get this thing wide open.

"We've never seen numbers like this, in such a short period of time," he said. "I mean we've seen a year's worth of suicide attempts in the last four weeks."

So does this confirm that the bunker libtards hate Americans and Auburn?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT