ADVERTISEMENT

The Anthony Bourdain documentary, Roadrunner...

DM8

Bunker Legend
Gold Member
Sep 24, 2007
It's been out since the summer, but I just now saw it was available to rent on amazon prime. 91% rating on rotten tomatoes and I agree with that assessment after watching it.

If you watched his shows or read his book, this is a must watch. Even for those who didn't follow him much before he died, it's very interesting. It covers his rise to fame, career as a famous tv personality and closes with the lead up to his death. At the time, there was reporting on the issues with his wife, but none of what I heard at the time was very definitive. This provides an in depth look at what was going on with him through interviews with his friends and film crew. I was a huge fan of Bourdain and this movie gave me some sense of closure on his struggles and death.

@Mikecb22 did a great job of raising the issue of suicide on the board the other day. If you are having a tough time, watching this movie and seeing the devastating impact his death had on his friends and family might be something that helps you dig deep to push through tough times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News