ADVERTISEMENT

Tested positive. I'll be another lab rat study for the bunker. (Updated Sunday 8-15))

It seemed to come in waves. Glad you’re feeling better.

Thanks!

Honestly it scares the shat out of me that I may have another episode like I did earlier today! I hope my body defends from that happening again!

Thanks!

Honestly it scares the shat out of me that I may have another episode like I did earlier today! I hope my body defends from that happening again!
Are you taking multi-vitamin, D3 and Zinc daily? It was given to me in hospital daily and I have been taking it daily since December when I got out. That is what was prescribed to me when I left, I just kept taking it. Just an FYI.

Are you taking multi-vitamin, D3 and Zinc daily? It was given to me in hospital daily and I have been taking it daily since December when I got out. That is what was prescribed to me when I left, I just kept taking it. Just an FYI.

You were hospitalized for Covid?

Damn, I’m not sick but what is a pulse ox ? O2 oxygen levels checker I’m assuming. Does it administer Oxygen as well?

Reactions: Huff664
Damn, had no clue you were hospitalized but glad you’re ok! I take D3 and Zinc daily as well

I was kinda shocked actually! I had 2 test done that day. One was a drive up and send off the results and get back the next day and the other was a rapid test where the Dr gave me the meds. I wanted to make sure after hearing the rapid test accuracy could be questioned.

Surprisingly enough both Dr's said they have not been vaccinated. Both have the antibodies and not worried in the least while seeing numerous covid patients everyday.

Found that to be very interesting compared to what's being shown daily by the media.
Have had similar conversations with a couple of doctors around here, both unvaccinated and not particularly worried about it

• Wow
Reactions: BudS7342
He actually wasn't wrong.... months ago, I remember the CDC issuing a report showing something like 6 or 7% of the total deaths attributed to covid were listed by the declaring physician as covid only. THe other 94% had, on average, 2.5 other comorbidities listed.

Our whole death count is screwed up. Many areas are reviewing their death and reducing the count by 30 - 40%. This is due to the poor tests - giving false positives, declarations with no confirming test, deaths by other obvious means (gunshot, cancer etc).... We also have seen where deaths by pneumonia or flu have dropped - which is wholly unlikely.

We know if your obese, over 65 or 70, diabetic etc, covid can cause severe complications leading to death. But the numbers are all screwed up and we'll likely never have a good count. We'lll also never have good numbers on the deaths caused by delayed diagnoses, due to Dr's offices and hospitals shutting down due to the lockdowns. I would be shocked if cancer deaths shot up over the next year for example. We've seen a sharp increase in respiratory issues with kids lately....

This whole thing has been a huge political/medical CF.
He said no one died from covid. That is completely and totally wrong. One of my very good friends died from covid. Sorry, they had no underlying health issues and were not fat or old. You're as much of a scumbag as aler.

Reactions: OrigAUgirl
Hey Dekalb, Alkaline water, emergencies, and theraflu packs are the way to go man. I was down 22 days. It will get better

Little late to the party here, but avoid stuff like mowing or anything over-exerting. I’m convinced not being extra cautious was why round three was worse than my first two rounds, which were just 72 hour +/- viruses.

Avoid laying on your side or back. If you can stand it, spend about 6 minutes of every waking hour standing up and moving around at a reasonable pace. Do basic breathing exercises.

Reactions: RhoadsAU
Little late to the party here, but avoid stuff like mowing or anything over-exerting. I’m convinced not being extra cautious was why round three was worse than my first two rounds, which were just 72 hour +/- viruses.

Avoid laying on your side or back. If you can stand it, spend about 6 minutes of every waking hour standing up and moving around at a reasonable pace. Do basic breathing exercises.

Three times!! Holy hell, your like the guy on The Great Outdoors that got hit by lightning 66 times!

May wanna start chugging the D3 my man! Glad your still with us!

Thanks for T&P's.

Much better since that update! If I could get this fluid and pressure off my noggin I would be top notch!
Glad you're feeling better! Keep on working through it. You'll be fine!

So crazy that you can get this multiple times. Also very depressing!!!

If you don't mind my asking, are you immunocompromised in any way? Also, which tests did they use to diagnose you each time, (e.g. rapid antigen, or PCR)?

Has your doctor ever had you to do a test for antibodies, (e.g. an antibody titer)?

If you don't mind my asking, are you immunocompromised in any way? Also, which tests did they use to diagnose you each time, (e.g. rapid antigen, or PCR)?

Has your doctor ever had you to do a test for antibodies, (e.g. an antibody titer)?
Not known to be immunocompromised.

To be exact, I only tested positive twice (July and November of 2020, PCR), but had all the symptoms in March 2020 when tests were still hard to come by as well. The real sickness then came and went over about 3 days, but based on how I was feeling 8 weeks later (still fatigued and having shortness of breath), my doctor assumes I did have it.

I was negative for antibodies in May 2020. The July bout was nearly completely asymptomatic. His working assumption was I didn’t retain antibodies for long given I had barely been sick.

My neighbor (I live in a condo) also had it twice (July and Nov). I think the reality was that, living in an urban condo environment, there was simply no way to avoid repeated exposure despite wearing masks and sanitizing.

I was kinda shocked actually! I had 2 test done that day. One was a drive up and send off the results and get back the next day and the other was a rapid test where the Dr gave me the meds. I wanted to make sure after hearing the rapid test accuracy could be questioned.

Surprisingly enough both Dr's said they have not been vaccinated. Both have the antibodies and not worried in the least while seeing numerous covid patients everyday.

Found that to be very interesting compared to what's being shown daily by the media.
Shockingly there are some doctors out there who assume you retain antibodies and are therefore immune just because you typically do retain some, but there’s been a substantial and growing body evidence since around June of last year that the antibodies in many patients decline and become undetectable in a matter of weeks, and there are plenty of people out there who have gotten it multiple times.

The reason that’s shocking to me is those same doctors know you can catch a common cold virus several times a year without retaining immunity, and covid is a cousin to some common cold viruses. That’s not even getting into there now being four variants.

While less conclusive, the trend in the data also shows subsequent infections are likely to be more severe, not less.

I opted for the vaccine (Pfizer) as soon as I could get it. My third covid experience being sick for 11 weeks and now seeming to have some permanent, bizarre cardiological affects, I didn’t want to risk an even more severe infection.

I recently had a run-of-the-mill, non-covid respiratory infection for the first time, and it was obvious my lungs have changed dramatically. What should have been a slight cough immediately regressed me to not being able to walk across my condo without running out of breath.

I don’t make it a political issue (something a pandemic should never be), but I strongly advocate the vaccine. I’m an experienced testament that the risks of being unvaccinated will remain far worse until there’s enough immunity (which can only come from vaccinations or a tremendous amount of serious illnesses and death) that the virus is isolated.

Not known to be immunocompromised.

To be exact, I only tested positive twice (July and November of 2020, PCR), but had all the symptoms in March 2020 when tests were still hard to come by as well. The real sickness then came and went over about 3 days, but based on how I was feeling 8 weeks later (still fatigued and having shortness of breath), my doctor assumes I did have it.

I was negative for antibodies in May 2020. The July bout was nearly completely asymptomatic. His working assumption was I didn’t retain antibodies for long given I had barely been sick.

My neighbor (I live in a condo) also had it twice (July and Nov). I think the reality was that, living in an urban condo environment, there was simply no way to avoid repeated exposure despite wearing masks and sanitizing.

Thank you. I certainly hope that you have antibodies now. It's been reported by all of the "official channels" that it is EXTREMELY rare to have COVID twice, let alone 3 times.

Was your last infection after you were fully vaccinated?

Thank you. I certainly hope that you have antibodies now. It's been reported by all of the "official channels" that it is EXTREMELY rare to have COVID twice, let alone 3 times.

Was your last infection after you were fully vaccinated?
Sounds like he was a “long-hauler”....

OP when I had it I used an advair inhaler every 12 hours as well as multi vitamin and pepcidAC. Advair reduces swelling not only in the lungs - making it easier to cough up mucous - but also made my sinuses feel less stuffy. But that nasal-freeze sensation lasted a solid two weeks for me. And no smell or taste for about 6 weeks.
Good luck and feel lucky knowing you’ll never have to take the vaccine.

Reactions: dekalbtiger
Sounds like he was a “long-hauler”....

Some of those symptoms that he mentioned are definitely long-term, and he may even be a long-hauler, but hopefully his doctor is looking deeper into his immune system. If someone has COVID three times, AND they are vaccinated, and they don't have antibodies, it'd certainly seem that there are likely other issues at play.

Hopefully, they can discover the root issues, and get him some relief.

Same here. Day 4 and the dizziness is brutal. I can’t explain it, but my mind is off. This is definitely the strangest thing I’ve ever had.

Checking in on day 7 of covid. 33 years old and in good shape - this stuff was brutal, a complete mindfvck of a sickness. I’m finally feeling like a human being again but I have lost my taste and smell.

Was it like Flu on steroids??? If not, what was different?
I had all the typical symptoms - sore throat, tight chest, coughing, body aches, fever and all those were things I could handle. There was a mental aspect of it that I’ve never experienced with anything before, though. It was like severe brain fog that made my mind feel disconnected from my body. Hard to explain but it scared me. There were multiple times where I felt like I was going to pass out (my o2 was 98).

Last edited:
Dang man. Thanks, and I'm glad that you pulled through. Hopefully you won't have long-haul symptoms with the COVID-brain, as my sister did, and as I also believe Cam Newton did last year.

He was having a good year, but after he came back from Covid, he seemed utterly confused, and couldn't complete a 10 yard pass.

Reactions: Torqued
I had all the typical symptoms - sore throat, tight chest, coughing, body aches, fever and all those were things I could handle. There was a mental aspect of it that I’ve never experienced with anything before, though. It was like severe brain fog that made my mind feel disconnected from my body. Hard to explain but it scared me. There were multiple times where I felt like I was going to pass out (my o2 was 98).

I only had one day where I felt totally helpless. It was my 8th day and almost was to the point of blacking out twice.

My sister which is a nurse, thought my sugar possibly dropped. I've never experienced that before so I can't really say, but that shat was scary as hell!

Mine started with a nausea feeling that went to cold sweat's to directly holding on to consciousness with all I had. The 2nd episode I had I was outside in the sun and barely got back in the house. Got in the door and knelt to one knee as my dog stared at me like Lassie about to run to town to get help. Lol

I've seriously never felt anything like that and hope I never do again!

Mine started with a nausea feeling that went to cold sweat's to directly holding on to consciousness with all I had
I had the cold sweats that turned into a tingling sensation throughout my entire body followed by a weird metallic taste in my mouth. I thought I was gone. I’ve never ever had anything like that happen before.

I only had one day where I felt totally helpless. It was my 8th day and almost was to the point of blacking out twice.

My sister which is a nurse, thought my sugar possibly dropped. I've never experienced that before so I can't really say, but that shat was scary as hell!

Mine started with a nausea feeling that went to cold sweat's to directly holding on to consciousness with all I had. The 2nd episode I had I was outside in the sun and barely got back in the house. Got in the door and knelt to one knee as my dog stared at me like Lassie about to run to town to get help. Lol

I've seriously never felt anything like that and hope I never do again!

I had the cold sweats that turned into a tingling sensation throughout my entire body followed by a weird metallic taste in my mouth. I thought I was gone. I’ve never ever had anything like that happen before.

That is EXACTLY how hypoglycemia presents in many people, and if the dip is too low, yeah, you'll faint.

Me too - it had almost a bad acid type affect on me mentally for 7-8 of my 14 days

ADVERTISEMENT