ADVERTISEMENT

Teams have figured us out

andersone91

All-American
Dec 1, 2014
And that’s no disrespect to our squad. They are still playing their tails off but...

Opponents are figuing out how to frustrate us offensively. They are doubling Harper off the high ball screen and forcing him to give it up, pressuring Brown, and defending the 3 point line. Its causing turnovers and a lot of contested jumpers. We are still driving on teams and getting to the foul line with moderate success but I think teams are ok with that because it slows our offensive pace down. I think we need try to post up Murray and Heron some down low and let them finish around the rim or suck in the defense and then kick out to an open shooter. Anything to get defenses off balance and shooters free.

Defensively I don’t know what the answe is. Spencer can’t stay on the floor. Okeke is more comfortable playing on the wing, not banging down low and he’s still only a freshman. We have no size. We are having to zone more because of this but we are having some breakdowns and leaving shooters open. It’s also killing us on the offensive glass. Big men are just having their way with us. McLemore was just such a huge loss.

I think we play well at home Saturday. I don’t see us winning the SEC tourney but if we win 1 game in the tourney I think we’re still a 4 seed at worst. Honestly who would not have taken that before the season even with Wiley and Purifoy!?

If we want to make a run to the sweet 16 or elite 8, we are just going to have to shoot well from outside. Brown is going to have get going like he was when he was in SEC POY discussion. We are going to have to win lose balls, rebound well, and I think frankly we are going to need teams to have off shooting nights. These things will help us get out in transition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.