ADVERTISEMENT

Teachers are excited at the prospect of Thanksgiving being super spreader event's.

I was talking to a family member tonight who is a teacher and they said that they and their teacher friends and colleagues are hoping the aftermath of Thanksgiving potentially being a super spreader event forces them to shut down and send everyone home again..... Smdh.

None of the teachers in my family and others that I know are hoping for your scenario

I was talking to a family member tonight who is a teacher and they said that they and their teacher friends and colleagues are hoping the aftermath of Thanksgiving potentially being a super spreader event forces them to shut down and send everyone home again..... Smdh.

family thanksgiving is a super spread but Black Friday is not. CDC is about to change exposure guidelines, so that’ll keep healthy kids in school.

listening and watching my friends this week there is no doubt it's going to be a super-spreader event. I am praying for my cousins, nieces, and so many friends that are doctors and nurses. If you understand statistics and you look around, you will see that we are headed for an even worse problem. I hope alot of people decide to cancel..or were posturing about what they are doing.

listening and watching my friends this week there is no doubt it's going to be a super-spreader event. I am praying for my cousins, nieces, and so many friends that are doctors and nurses. If you understand statistics and you look around, you will see that we are headed for an even worse problem. I hope alot of people decide to cancel..or were posturing about what they are doing.

Don't try to bring logic here

Too much faith in people doing the right thing, most don’t really give a shit about others so here we are

family thanksgiving is a super spread but Black Friday is not. CDC is about to change exposure guidelines, so that’ll keep healthy kids in school.

have you noticed no one is having a big in person black Friday? It's all week and lots of it is online. Only big store doing in store sale that I know of is Bass Pro Shops.. I think there are going to be some bored people come midnight tomorrow night if they don't know how to party. Used to going to a bunch of shops ..

I wonder if the hospitals did anything to adjust to the combined COVID/ Flu season? Only had a 11 months to prepare. What did they do?

Reactions: JLEAGLE07
They talked about how they couldn’t profit heavily off elective surgery.
About to profit off me. Glad I was able to get in at the last moment. Most hospitals are completely full and I think Mobile Infirmary is right there based on the talk around here. I know all of Baldwin Counties hospitals are full.
COVID patients and ICU for them are completely separated so no idea on those peeps.

Was supposed to have this done back in March and we all know what happenEd. Feeling pretty lucky this time. Hope it holds.

I LOVE working from home, but I know I’ll have to go back at least a few days a week during tax season. I would think virtual teaching would be more challenging than face to face...
Imagine having to deal with special needs kids and their individual IEPs. Special Ed teachers have to make leasons for each child...not one for the entire group. My wife prefers going to school versus virtual.

Reactions: Rust10
have you noticed no one is having a big in person black Friday? It's all week and lots of it is online. Only big store doing in store sale that I know of is Bass Pro Shops.. I think there are going to be some bored people come midnight tomorrow night if they don't know how to party. Used to going to a bunch of shops ..

that’s incorrect. If they are open, they’ll be swarms of folks and will discounts to draw folks. I haven’t seen anyone say “stay home and don’t go Black Friday shopping” or diagram sharing “if you go to Best Buy and around someone that’s has covid, you may not see symptoms until 14 days”. I’ve seen a 100 of those related to thanksgiving meals, though. All FWIW.

They talked about how they couldn’t profit heavily off elective surgery.

The bammer had to postpone a colonoscopy. He had it last week. I dropped him off at the ER and was able to go run errands. They called and texted me to come get him. Best experience ever. I hope it never goes back to the time when they made you sit in the waiting room for the duration of the procedure. He said everyone in the hospital was business as usual but just wearing masks.

that’s incorrect. If they are open, they’ll be swarms of folks and will discounts to draw folks. I haven’t seen anyone say “stay home and don’t go Black Friday shopping” or diagram sharing “if you go to Best Buy and around someone that’s has covid, you may not see symptoms until 14 days”. I’ve seen a 100 of those related to thanksgiving meals, though. All FWIW.

not incorrect. huge change from normal years. List in BHM news of what is opening up this evening and tomorrow is tiny. Nothing like normal years. I refuse to shop on black friday anyway, so don't care...but it is different. Don't know what you are looking at.

ADVERTISEMENT