ADVERTISEMENT

Stats For Why All Auburn Fans Should Be Excited

StatsMatter

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2017
Saban/ Bama averaged about 70% (65 of 85) of their roster were Top 150sh (5.9 and better) the past 15 years.

Kirby has averaged about 67% of their roster from the Top 150sh.

Clemson has averaged about 40% of their roster in the Top 150sh and have had several very elite QBs.

These are the top and the bottom for NC teams in terms of how many Top 150 recruits they had on their team.

The only other way to win a NC that I can see is if your team has a QB with a Heisman type (excellent) season (Cam) (McCarthy), etc.

So it seems obvious to me that if you want to win the NC then you either must find that Heisman type QB. (Good luck) or you must try to recruit, on average, 8 Top 150sh recruits per year.

That means over 4 years you would have 32 elite players on your team to fill 22 starting spots on offense and defense and an extra 10 for backup and injuries.

Only 5-6 teams in any season will reach the 32 Top 150 level. Reread this.

The most Gus ever had was 22 over a 4 year period.

Even if you don’t buy this……., the point is how well HF is doing comparing against the final four teams over
the last 15 years.

Currently, HF has 17 in his first 2 recruiting classes and 10 committed so far this year. That is at least 27 in his first 3 recruiting classes with another year to go.

We just got a commitment from an elite QB.
We likely will sign a 1 year gap portal QB this winter.

This is the reason why all Auburn fans should be excited for our future.

Hugh is recruiting at a NC level.

Again, only 5-6 teams will attain this in any given year.

But we just don’t have the upperclassmen to help this year’s team win at the level that will keep the naysayers away.

Be patient knowing we are 5 feet away from a gold mine. We are going to be rich starting next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.