ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking of Bo ($1 to Will Collier)

Scribe Tiger

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Jan 7, 2011
It seems to me the Bo Jackson legend has experienced a resurgence since ESPN's 30 for 30 premiered in 2012. The number of Bo highlight reels has blossomed on YouTube.

More telling is the commentary under the videos, remarks I'll bet are coming from a lot of people who didn't see or barely recall Bo in his prime but only know him from the legends and video footage. That's a sure sign someone has taken on mythic proportions.

Here's something I caught while watching one lengthy compilation filled with regretfully low-res but memorable plays. If this happened the way it looked, I don't recall it.

Raiders at KC Chiefs. Bo scores on a routine goal line dive. Afterward, he's shown throwing the ball into the stands, but the tight shot just shows him. When they switch to a second camera that appears to be zooming in on folks scrambling for the ball, it's in the upper level of the stadium.

Like the upper deck. Check it out.

It was also cool to once again hear Merlin Olsen and Dick Enberg working together on that reel. I'd forgotten how good they were as a duo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.