ADVERTISEMENT

Some white dude

I agree it’s a double standard and one cannot have it both ways - there should be a followed standard/guideline both ways in the nba and Harrell was wrong

but I also recognize the systemic racism/murder/police brutality & double standard treatment against the black race the last 400 years in this country comparative to whites - I’m not tryna start a race war on the bunker and I’m not saying this history means we do things wrong today, but any visit to a civil rights museum in Bham/JACKMS/MEMPTN should really open a racist’s eye

very complicated issue so white power bros don’t come at me
Who would fall into this “white power bros” bunker group?

And by what standard are you using to include someone in such a group?

Who would fall into this “white power bros” bunker group?

And by what standard are you using to include someone in such a group?

well I was being very sarcastic comparative to the “death bros” on here that seem to want covid to go on killing people/wrecking our economy - I hope we have no real KKK types/white power racists on here but we probably have our fair share

I basically meant caucasians that don’t have empathy or understanding towards the brutally checkered racial history of our great republic and how it still affects our culture to this day

so while it’s easy to say that’s in the past and it doesn’t affect us now/everything should be equal - it’s just not the case

Reactions: Solo Cup
well I was being very sarcastic comparative to the “death bros” on here that seem to want covid to go on killing people/wrecking our economy - I hope we have no real KKK types/white power racists on here but we probably have our fair share

I basically meant caucasians that don’t have empathy or understanding towards the brutally checkered racial history of our great republic

so while it’s easy to say that’s in the past and it doesn’t affect us now/everything should be equal - it’s just not the case
Okay:)

Doesn’t change the fact that the guy shouldn’t have said it to start with. If the roles were reversed we would all be talking about this through the lens of systemic racism and white privilege. Maybe it is white privilege that makes some people upset over the double standard...i dunno.

No, it's wrong...period. However, while NOT excusing it, I am guessing that there is a double-standard because minorities are not typically in position to carry out systemic racism, so the "threats"/offenses are looked at as null, void and meaningless.

Again, that is NOT right, but since there is no recorded history of systemic racism against our white brothers in the majority, let alone a very long, and sustained history, the threats are dismissed, whereas if the same thing is done against one of our black brothers by someone in the majority, it's a huge no-no, due to the fact that there is a VERY long and well-recorded history of systemic racism at all levels and in every crook and nanny, backed up by hundreds of years of domestic terrorism where anyone could get mad or jealous and go kill a black person or even have a mob burn down an entire town just to stop all of the successful blacks who could have taught the ways to success, to others.

I've always used the analogy of a CEO putting pressure on a beautiful young secretary telling her, "Hey, your career will go places if you sleep with me". If it's exposed, he'd be in big trouble. Now, the janitor can slide over and whisper the same thing in her ear, but he's not likely to get in trouble. Well, you might ask why there's a double-standard and the laws are not applied equally to all, and the reason is, the janitor doesn't really have the power to carry out the implied thread, so it's dismissed, whereas the CEO really does have hiring/firing power, so he'd be hung out to dry. Same offense, different reaction. I'm guessing it's the same for the issue we are discussing.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT