ADVERTISEMENT

Some had asked for an update on my wife

rthomas14

BUNKER SOCIAL CHAIR
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2007
not trying to clutter the board with personal posts but some had asked for an update on how things have progressed with my wife's condition so I thought I would give one.

I'm happy to say that we are actually home today. After a couple of units of blood, her hematocrit came back up and remained steady. It's still below normal but is not at a dangerous level and the fact that is has leveled off would indicate that she's no longer losing blood. The endoscopy showed her stomach was clear and other than a few minor esophageal varices, her esophagus was as well. This is good and bad IMO. We now know what's not causing the issue but we still aren't sure what is the source of the bleeding. Next step is probably her own version of the 60s movie Fantastic Voyage. She will swallow a capsule with a tiny camera and it will give them video of her entire GI track.
It's been an bumpy few days but things seem to be stabilizing.

Although We still have a lot of questions that need answering, the peace we have is that, none of this took God by surprise. He provides us with the very air that we breathe and this situation rests squarely in His hands.

I want to take a second to say thank you. The outpouring of prayers and well wishes along with incredibly kind words have been encouraging and humbling. I enjoy this place. I like to laugh and argue. I love all things AU and the Bunker is the best place for that, but most of all I love the people. Most of you guys and gals don't know me from Adam and yet you are genuinely concerned for my wife and for me and the family. I know it's no longer in vogue to use the word "family" in regards to AU but that's what this place seems to be. Like a family, we fight and argue. We call each other names and make fun of each other, but at the end of he day, we care for one another and we have each other's backs. From the bottom of my heart, I'm thankful for all of you. This may sound silly or mellow dramatic but I am thankful for the role you all play in my life. I especially want to thank @Jay G. Tate. You run this place in such a way that allows us to be who we are. The way you've handled very personal situation here in the past, like Dee's passing, shows us your heart. Your willingness to be transparent as you grieve the loss of your sister as well as the tragedies in your wife's family have made it easier for all of us to feel comfortable to be transparent as well. I continue to pray for your loss and the affects that it has had on you and your family.

This is a good place. I here people say all the time, "it's just a message board. Don't take it so seriously". I beg to differ. It's more than that and this week, I've taken your words of encouragement very seriously. May God bless you all!

Again, I apologize for the length of this post but you guys know me by now. Thank you & War Eagle!!

Almost forgot. Special thanks to @PharmData. You will be a great resource moving forward will MB's condition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.