ADVERTISEMENT

Some Good News......

I finally got covid this week.

Been dodging it here in nyc for so long. I think it probably happened at our nye party. I'm not totally asymptomatic as night time makes me feel a little sick (chills once last night and some gunk in my upper airway from laying down all night)... I'm very glad I didn't get it until omicron.

This one certainly appears to be moving fast...

Been dodging it here in nyc for so long. I think it probably happened at our nye party. I'm not totally asymptomatic as night time makes me feel a little sick (chills once last night and some gunk in my upper airway from laying down all night)... I'm very glad I didn't get it until omicron.

Get well soon....

I thought I'd mention that there are many studies showing that there are no asymptomatic carriers of COVID. You either have it and have symptoms or you don't. One study including 10M people. So once again, we have a talking point by Fauci and the CDC that is highly disputed by multiple studies.

I thought I'd mention that there are many studies showing that there are no asymptomatic carriers of COVID. You either have it and have symptoms or you don't. One study including 10M people. So once again, we have a talking point by Fauci and the CDC that is highly disputed by multiple studies.
Fauci and the CDC are morons.

Reactions: TBFan

See if your doctor will give you a treatment protocol as early as possible, (along with some of the prescriptions/cocktails that have been working), if things take a turn for the worse.

Get well soon.

Reactions: AUBK
See if your doctor will give you a treatment protocol as early as possible, (along with some of the prescriptions/cocktails that have been working), if things take a turn for the worse.

Get well soon.
I felt bad for about a day.. . Bad is an over statement compared to how the reaction to vaccine felt. Glad it was easy. Testing negative on Sunday after first positive Thursday morning.

Wife a little worse off, but getting better after 3 down days.

1 year old still testing negative

What would be a symptom in someone who doesn’t present with symptoms but gets a positive PCR multiple times?

Or are these studied showing that a person who doesn’t present with symptoms but gets multiple pos pcrs is just getting false positives from the pcr?

Or are these studies showing that positive pcrs don’t happen unless someone presents with symptoms?

Edit: If these “studies” are correct, that makes this virus more like the hiv virus and less like any other known coronavirus.

Last edited:
What would be a symptom in someone who doesn’t present with symptoms but gets a positive PCR multiple times?

Or are these studied showing that a person who doesn’t present with symptoms but gets multiple pos pcrs is just getting false positives from the pcr?

Or are these studies showing that positive pcrs don’t happen unless someone presents with symptoms?

Edit: If these “studies” are correct, that makes this virus more like the hiv virus and less like any other known coronavirus.
I'm not sure. They issued a clarification on the study which is VERY confusing. They said the following:

"A mass screening programme of more than 10 million Wuhan residents identified 300 asymptomatic cases, but none were infectious – according to a study involving the University of East Anglia.

The mass testing project took place over two weeks at the end of May – after the city’s stringent lockdown was lifted in April.

The study found no ‘viable’ virus in the asymptomatic cases and the close contacts of these positive asymptomatic cases did not test positive."

So asymptomatic, but not infectious? I thought the point was that asymptomatic people COULD spread the virus.

Anyway, there have been studies many since then that have come to the same conclusion. Thought it was an interesting development.

I'm not sure. They issued a clarification on the study which is VERY confusing. They said the following:

"A mass screening programme of more than 10 million Wuhan residents identified 300 asymptomatic cases, but none were infectious – according to a study involving the University of East Anglia.

The mass testing project took place over two weeks at the end of May – after the city’s stringent lockdown was lifted in April.

The study found no ‘viable’ virus in the asymptomatic cases and the close contacts of these positive asymptomatic cases did not test positive."

So asymptomatic, but not infectious? I thought the point was that asymptomatic people COULD spread the virus.

Anyway, there have been studies many since then that have come to the same conclusion. Thought it was an interesting development.
So asymptomatics can’t infect others.

The point is that you don't have any guidelines for what the **** asymptomatic means out in the real world.

One symptom for instance is tired...

Are you ever tired?

Reactions: TBFan
I felt bad for about a day.. . Bad is an over statement compared to how the reaction to vaccine felt. Glad it was easy. Testing negative on Sunday after first positive Thursday morning.

Wife a little worse off, but getting better after 3 down days.

1 year old still testing negative

Awesome, and thanks for the update. I hope you can keep your toddler from getting it. Some years ago we had a really bad flu strain sweep through the house, and my baby daughter, (who was about 10 months or so at the time), got it. She was pitiful, and it's so hard to see your babies sick and there's not much you can do.

The best thing about Omicron is that most everyone I know and have read about, are following the same path to quick recovery. I hope you and your wife get well soon.

Awesome, and thanks for the update. I hope you can keep your toddler from getting it. Some years ago we had a really bad flu strain sweep through the house, and my baby daughter, (who was about 10 months or so at the time), got it. She was pitiful, and it's so hard to see your babies sick and there's not much you can do.

The best thing about Omicron is that most everyone I know and have read about, are following the same path to quick recovery. I hope you and your wife get well soon.
Thanks man. Baby tested positive today,but she still doesn't have any symptoms

• Sad
Reactions: stutsman23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT