ADVERTISEMENT

SOFTBALL F | AU 1 TAMU 4

jslowery

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2004
Wherever My Head Lands

Auburn sends Maddie Penta to the circle for Game 2 against #25 Texas A&M. Auburn can win the series for the first time in conference. First pitch is set for 4:02 PM CT.

Reactions: aucivil
This let's me know Dean got his head out of his ass, and Penta wasn't just dealing with another injury.

If Penta is in top form, you gotta think she's better than who A&M has, since A&M already had to use two of their top pitchers yesterday.

Reactions: jslowery
B1 AU 0 TAMU 0

F8, flyout to LC, Packer diving catch, 1 Out
Single through right side

Walk on 4 pitches (Could be pitching around Lee, who is 2nd in conference in HRs)

5-3 DP, Koepke with the step and throw, 3 Out

Last edited:
T2 AU 0 TAMU 0

Rivera - K Swinging, 1 Out
Godwin - 4-3, groundout to 2B, 2 Out
Garcia - P4, pop to 2B, 3 Out

TAMU RHP Poynter has thrown a first pitch strike to every batter.

Reactions: Docdumpsta
@NumberNineteen I see you in this topic. Making contact doesn't seem to be a problem, locating the ball to green is the problem. Can that be coached, or is that just pure luck based on how the bat contacts the ball?

T3 AU 0 TAMU 0

Perry - K Looking on 3 pitches, 1 Out
Packer - F8, flyout to CF, 2 Out
Koepke - Single up the middle, steals 2B
Dowell - Walk
King - 4-3, groundout to 2B, 3 Out

The outside corner grew a little that inning. AU got their first base runners of the day but left 2 on.

Last edited:
Those pitches were 6 inches away from where the end of her bat would be. I don't think they were strikes, but I'm not behind the plate.
I agree that they looked off the plate but all 3 were the exact same pitch and as a hitter you have to adjust to what the ump is calling and not just stand there looking.

I agree that they looked off the plate but all 3 were the exact same pitch and as a hitter you have to adjust to what the ump is calling and not just stand there looking.
Agreed. But that was the first batter those had been called. Penta sure didn’t get that in the first.

B3 AU 0 TAMU 0

Leadoff walk (the strike zone shrunk again)

E5, sac bunt thrown into RF, runners to 2B and 3B

Dean to the circle to chat to the defense

Single to LC, 2 RBI (0-2), steals 2B
K Swinging, 1 Out
K Swinging, 2 Out
P5, pop to 3B, 3 Out

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: crococile22
Alright, those two runs are my fault. I stepped away for a bit. Penta has been getting out of those jams when I've been watching.

They were maybe an inch off the plate

Very hittable

Perry can't hit anything over the plate 80% of the time. If it was Cox or King, I'd be mad. I have very low expectations for Perry and even think she should be replaced in the lineup.

T4 AU 0 TAMU

Cox - 5-3, groundout to 3B, 1 Out
Rivera - single in the 5 hole, steals 2B
Godwin - K Swinging, 2 Out

TAMU to the circle with a visit

Garcia - just missed a HR foul the 3-4-3 groundout off the first baseman, 3 Out

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT