ADVERTISEMENT

So my job is requiring all employees to get the vaccine.

That person needs to work from home and stay home until this pandemic ends. That’s my suggestion as a message board moderator.

what if the job can't be done remotely? too bad so sad? (i did see where that guy can work remote)...but i think some type of carve out would be necessary for someone with MS and a doctor advising them against the vaccine or any others in that similar situation..

i'm no attorney but i wouldn't want to be the company that forced the guy with MS to take a vax against his doctors orders and then him having some kind of bad reaction.

i don't see much wrong with a private company mandating their able bodied employees though...as long as it's a private company and not government

The vast majority of us will eventually get the vaccine. It's the way of things. The resistance to new vaccines is a common historical fact.

This is interesting. I have a friend that has MS. His neurologist actually told him NOT to get the vaccine because he was worried it may actually have an adverse reaction with him (I’m by no means a neurologist, but I’m sure most here are). Granted, people with serious medical stuff are the minority, but I wonder what employers will do with a situation like that. Doctors excuse saying he/she shouldn’t get the vaccine?
Every employer/entity that requires the vaccine will have to deal with exceptions for medical or religious reasons. We can get where we need to be on total vax rates even with legitimate exceptions being granted. Notice I did not say political reasons.

I don’t wanna move this thread, but it’s getting political.

giphy.gif

what if the job can't be done remotely? too bad so sad? (i did see where that guy can work remote)...but i think some type of carve out would be necessary for someone with MS and a doctor advising them against the vaccine or any others in that similar situation..

i'm no attorney but i wouldn't want to be the company that forced the guy with MS to take a vax against his doctors orders and then him having some kind of bad reaction.

i don't see much wrong with a private company mandating their able bodied employees though...as long as it's a private company and not government
It’s been the argument since the lockdowns began. “If you don’t feel comfortable, just stay home.” Unfortunately, it lacks all empathy. We’ve just reached the part where it’s swapping parties.

what if the job can't be done remotely? to bad so sad? i think some type of carve out would be necessary for someone with MS and a doctor advising them against the vaccine or any others in that similar situation..

It's legal to require vaccines (and has been during my entire lifetime - this isn't new).

If a person has a strongly held religious belief against vaccination (unlikely unless you're Jehovah's witness, Christian science or some apostolic holiness independent) or have an underlying medical condition that makes it dangerous for you to receive vaccines, an employer must make "reasonable accommodations" for you.

This could include working from home, if your job is capable of being performed that way.

It could also mean you have to get tested 2x a week at your own expense, e.g.

What I've seen many employers do is to encourage all employees to get vaccinated but not mandate it and instead mandate wearing a mask in the business.

Last edited:
Since the Covid vaccines are not FDA approved one could argue against legal requirement...

[shrugs] Maybe in a non-right to work state. In all the southern states, an employer can basically require you to do anything they deem necessary with the caveat that if you have a religious or health reason for not doing so they have to *try* to accommodate you before firing you for not doing it.

EDIT: An example I've seen in my personal practice - I had a woman who owned a spa. She forbid her employees from smoking - period - ever. DoL said "no probs" you're the boss you make the rules.

Last edited:
Lol at this comparison. As everyone knows by now it’s not about their health it’s about them spreading it around and fuggin it up for everyone else. They are welcome to hunker down in their home until it’s over or they’re ready to get the shot.
So vaccinated people are getting it and spreading it also? Cool. You can lol all you want but your thought process is hateful and a bit extreme. It’s a perfect comparison for the way you are using your words

I think every vaccine/Covid thread should be moved
I am convinced, most, start the threads in the bunker intentionally. They know if you start one in the covid forum, it will get virtually no interaction. They may use the cover of “not political,” but they know damn well it will end that way.

Reactions: A2NCtiger
[shrugs] Maybe in a non-right to work state. In all the southern states, an employer can basically require you to do anything they deem necessary with the caveat that if you have a religious or health reason for not doing so they have to *try* to accommodate you before firing you for not doing it.

EDIT: An example I've seen in my personal practice - I had a woman who owned a spa. She forbid her employees from smoking - period - ever. DoL said "no probs" you're the boss you make the rules.
Given the number of adverse reactions to the vaccine, no FDA approval, vaccinated people still getting Covid and transmitting it to others, I bet there are lawyers ready to take on companies who fire employees for not getting vaccinated...

Given the number of adverse reactions to the vaccine, no FDA approval, vaccinated people still getting Covid and transmitting it to others, I bet there are lawyers ready to take on companies who fire employees for not getting vaccinated...

Already are lawsuits pending. I'm aware of one that was dismissed on summary judgment just a week ago. I'm sure such things will play out and in more conservative areas it wouldn't surprise me to see injunctions issue, at least on a temporary basis.

Like I said, though, most of this is much ado about nothing and will pass with time. Always does.

Well the general consensus seems to be management team members are relenting and will get it. Hourly team members are the ones threatening to quit.

Which I guess was to be expected.

The vast majority of us will eventually get the vaccine. It's the way of things. The resistance to new vaccines is a common historical fact.

This seems to be the case. Still some disgruntled employees, but most seem to be talking about making appointments to get the vaccine. Could be all talk, because they have until December 31st to be fully vaccinated, but the mood toward it has definitely changed since it was announced Monday.

Already are lawsuits pending. I'm aware of one that was dismissed on summary judgment just a week ago. I'm sure such things will play out and in more conservative areas it wouldn't surprise me to see injunctions issue, at least on a temporary basis.

Like I said, though, most of this is much ado about nothing and will pass with time. Always does.
No, most conservative judges recognize the rights of business owners over Anti-vax bros.

And they will lose so hopefully they are charging by the hour instead of 33%-40% of award.

Depends on what state you are in. My company is a privately owned company. If they wanted to tell me I can't wear grey anymore, they can tell me I can't wear grey or I can find another job. Nothing I could do about it.

Which would suck considering my all grey wardrobe I have.

Imagine genuinely thinking other vaccines were tested for 50 years prior to people taking them lmfao.

Do you really think all the vaccines we take and shoot up our month old babies with were all studied for decades before we started taking them? Even moreso in exigent circumstances such as Polio?

No dude... people started taking them after trials of a year or so and like less than a million trial participants. We are 17 months from COVID vaxx trials starting and only about 4 BILLION doses in. Just not enough research!
Incorrect, I am vaccinated and not antiVax or whatever it's called. But a recent vaccine for example, the HPV vaccine that is used to protect against the papillomavirus which leads to cervical cancer were all in phase III clinical trials for 4 years. The registration trial for Gardasil published in the NEJM and was actually approved 4.5 years after beginning phase III (THREE) clinical trials.

ADVERTISEMENT