ADVERTISEMENT

So is 'bitch' the new N word?

A congress women is saying being called a bitch is abusive and unacceptable.

I would honestly like to know the context first, but how can she seriously call this abuse? I've asked the love of my life before why she was being such a bitch (RIP).

I guess I am a chauvinistic, abusive POS in 2020.....

Good grief.....

Yes, calling a woman a Fvcking bitch is abusive.

Reactions: mackenzie
If you ever meet my wife, I strongly suggest that you refrain from calling her a bitch.

A guy did that in high school. She kneed him in the nuts, slapped his head when he was down and got in-school suspension.
You tell her the only b-word I’ll be calling her is “bodyguard.”

I don't know that it rises to the level of the n-word, but it's definitely sexist and insulting when you're using it against a coworker or colleague just because you don't like their stance on something. It's the kind of insult generally reserved for a woman anytime a man thinks she's too bossy or something. Not to mention, it's just unprofessional and childish.

And I would imagine most employers would find it abusive and fire that person using it.

Well, there's one way to find out. Go up to a woman and a black person.....

Reactions: Korn6
offense is taken, not given. tell that sandwich maker you want a BLT with a side of BJ and now.

I would honestly like to know the context first, but how can she seriously call this abuse? I've asked the love of my life before why she was being such a bitch (RIP).

Good grief.....

BEOTCH

Reactions: D-ZER13
Every employer in America should fire an employee for using it.

Because it’s abusive and some would say sexist. I’m not sure what the argument is here. Calling somebody a Fvcking bitch is abusive like many names.

Abusive definition: extremely offensive and insulting.

Reactions: mackenzie
Because it’s abusive and some would say sexist. I’m not sure what the argument is here. Calling somebody a Fvcking bitch is abusive like many names.

Abusive definition: extremely offensive and insulting.
Oh no, it can be political speech for sure. Speech in the private sector should be different than speech in the political sphere.

I’m sure this same BITCH that is crying “abuse” over being called a name in the heat of the moment probably also high fived her gal pal, Talib, for calling the sitting President of the United States a mother fvcked on a televised, pre-prepared speech. AOC can lick my grundle and then go fvck herself with her pathetic victim ploy.

Reactions: johntodd and Korn6
I’m sure this same BITCH that is crying “abuse” over being called a name in the heat of the moment probably also high fived her gal pal, Talib, for calling the sitting President of the United States a mother fvcked on a televised, pre-prepared speech. AOC can lick my grundle and then go fvck herself with her pathetic victim ploy.
Now that seems less nuanced than I made it.

If you ever meet my wife, I strongly suggest that you refrain from calling her a bitch.

A guy did that in high school. She kneed him in the nuts, slapped his head when he was down and got in-school suspension.
In the immortal words of Sheriff Buford T. Justice...

You can think about it, but don’t do it.

Good grief.....
Short answer - it always has been.

Next time we challenge each other to a fight in front of the Creed board bring your wife she sounds like a more worthy opponent.

Reactions: CJ3131
Geesh, Imma put this to bed.

A word isn't the 'new' another word unless it's a synonym.

Using both the nword and bitch is an insult. Anyone with a brain and a rudimentary understanding of good behavior knows this.

People today are soft. They need safe spaces and therapy pets, so being called anything other than special and unique is considered aggressive.

In that instance he should be called a bitch imo. Not at work, but to say a word like bitch is abusive is ridiculous. There are a multitude of terms that could be used in Its place that would be more offensive.

Unprofessional is unprofessional but we don't live in that world 24/7.

If you start removing words from our vocabulary, regardless of where it starts, where dies it end?
Words can be abusive and offensive and inappropriate and damaging and hurtful. That one in particular used towards women in such a derogatory manner is abuse. It may not be n-word bad as John Mulaney points out but it's in the same family.

The world will survive if we remove both of those words from our vocabulary. You really want to die on that hill of defending the use of that word towards women? Do you have any respect for women?

I agree, but as a father you also wouldn't care if it was legitimately provoked.
wtf There is no provocation for saying that to any woman. Again, do you have any respect for women at all? And by the way, to your OP, I'll go ahead and confirm for you, you are a chauvinist in 2020 and apparently for many years before.

Actually not, the restrictions apply to speech that incites violence or harm to individuals. The government can’t restrict any other speech.
Are there limits to free speech according to the Supreme Court? You said the "silencing of any speech" but as you defined yourself, some speech has been found to have limits - or can be "silenced" - in certain contexts.

Are there limits to free speech according to the Supreme Court? You said the "silencing of any speech" but as you defined yourself, some speech has been found to have limits - or can be "silenced" - in certain contexts.
Of course there are restrictions but offensive speech has never been limited, nor should it ever be.

Reactions: D-ZER13
wtf There is no provocation for saying that to any woman. Again, do you have any respect for women at all? And by the way, to your OP, I'll go ahead and confirm for you, you are a chauvinist in 2020 and apparently for many years before.
Thanks for your judgemental and close-minded contribution to this thread.

Your disdain for me without ever having met me or an in person discussion disgusts me about where the world is headed. Your life's timeline and point of view is not the only one in existence.

Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

Reactions: Korn6
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT