ADVERTISEMENT

So...Cadillac winds up being the only assistant on Malzahn's last staff retained?...

Yes they were. It's not big names to casual college football fans who only pay attention to whats happening in Auburn. It's laughable to even suggest our fans would know who top national recruiters in 2007 were. Most couldn't even tell you they are now. Steele, Thompson, and Burns were all considered top recruiters in the south east at the time they were hired. Steele was named recruiter of the year by Rivals, like a year or two, prior to being hired by Saban at Florida State. He was considered one of the very best recruiters in the nation, at the time. Burton Burns was the RB coach for Clemson when they had James Davis and CJ Spiller. Thompson was known for his recruiting too, that's why he was the RC at UCF. How were they not known because you don't recognize them?

I said not a lot. 3 of 9 isn't a lot to me. Maybe that is to you, but if we're going down that road. Look how many 5 stars Bobo has signed. Look at how many Friend has signed. Carnell signed the best RB at Auburn since he played. Look at the talent Rocker has signed and he's thought to be a lazy recruiter.

Also, Spiller's primary recruiter was Dabo.

Yes they were. It's not big names to casual college football fans who only pay attention to whats happening in Auburn. It's laughable to even suggest our fans would know who top national recruiters in 2007 were. Most couldn't even tell you they are now. Steele, Thompson, and Burns were all considered top recruiters in the south east at the time they were hired. Steele was named recruiter of the year by Rivals, like a year or two, prior to being hired by Saban at Florida State. He was considered one of the very best recruiters in the nation, at the time. Burton Burns was the RB coach for Clemson when they had James Davis and CJ Spiller. Thompson was known for his recruiting too, that's why he was the RC at UCF. How were they not known because you don't recognize them?

LOL. You are full of shit. How about his first staff at lsu? They all stud recruiters in your mind to? This is hilarious watching you and your butt buttie. The video game warriors

Reactions: ricedp105
I said not a lot. 3 of 9 isn't a lot to me. Maybe that is to you, but if we're going down that road. Look how many 5 stars Bobo has signed. Look at how many Friend has signed. Carnell signed the best RB at Auburn since he played. Look at the talent Rocker has signed and he's thought to be a lazy recruiter.

Anyone thinking someone other than Dabo is reason spiller went to Clemson is completely FOS

You said they weren't known for their recruiting. They had one of the most recent "Rivals recruiter of the year" at the time on their staff. Steele wasn't some retread or journeymen at the time. You just clearly didn't know that.

I know who the primary recruiter was. Jeff Scott was involved too. It's funny you'd try to discredit Burns involvement, but then not say the same for Friend and Rocker, more so/especially Rocker.

You said they weren't known for their recruiting. They had one of the most recent "Rivals recruiter of the year" at the time on their staff. Steele wasn't some retread or journeymen at the time. You just clearly didn't know that.

I know who the primary recruiter was. Jeff Scott was involved too. It's funny you'd try to discredit Burns involvement, but then not say the same for Friend and Rocker, more so/especially Rocker.

Dabo is the only reason they signed spiller. No one else mattered

My quote was:

"Not exactly a lot of big names that were known for their recruiting."

My quote was not:

"They had zero big names that were known for recruiting."

If you think 3 of 9 is a lot, that's perfectly acceptable, but if you do, you can't discredit the guys on our staff that are known for recruiting.

Do I think this staff is all world? No. I gave it a B in the poll the other day, but it seems you just want to bitch to bitch, without looking at it objectively. That's fine too.

giphy.gif

My quote was:

"Not exactly a lot of big names that were known for their recruiting."

My quote was not:

"They had zero big names that were known for recruiting."

If you think 3 of 9 is a lot, that's perfectly acceptable, but if you do, you can't discredit the guys on our staff that are known for recruiting.

Do I think this staff is all world? No. I gave it a B in the poll the other day, but it seems you just want to bitch to bitch, without looking at it objectively. That's fine too.

Why do you keep saying three? I just mentioned the three guys I was familiar with. Curt Cignetti signed Russell Wilson before he got to bama. I understand Bobo and Cadillac are strong recruiters, but our staff is not comparable to theirs. Especially when you factor in the gap at head coach. Saban had already been a HC at LSU. How many on Saban's first staff did he bring from across the country/Boise? The two staffs are completely different.

Reactions: mmm
Why do you keep saying three? I just mentioned the three guys I was familiar with. Curt Cignetti signed Russell Wilson before he got to bama. I understand Bobo and Cadillac are strong recruiters, but our staff is not comparable to theirs. Especially when you factor in the gap at head coach. Saban had already been a HC at LSU. How many on Saban's first staff did he bring from across the country/Boise? The two staffs are completely different.

The Russell Wilson that was a 5.3 two star? I mean, good for him for finding a diamond in the rough.

I think it’s a mistake, but the decision makers clearly feel differently about where the program was than me. I pointed out years ago that recruiting wasn’t any good, and the inability to keep kids on campus was a problem, and sure enough in time it showed. I think it was obvious we had a head coach holding the team back, and his tag along buddies like Kodi and Chad. I didn’t think the program needed a full reset which is why I suggested just bringing in Cristobal and only replacing the weak links on the staff since Cristobal had previous relationships with the stronger ones. I think we essentially swapped Gus and his close buddies for Harsin and his close buddies. We didn’t really go out and just get the best guys. We’re essentially just gambling on a new guy and his limited network. It is what it is. I’m glad we kept Cadillac for Tank though
Urban before Florida zero Southern connections, just like Saban before lswho and Franklin before Vandy. If you can coach you can coach period !! A real " WOLF" will eat !!

Reactions: dwfaufan
I'm candidly "mixed" On T-Will.

Delightful as it is from time to time, he may be just a bit too much about building and promoting his own T-Will brand. That can help recruiting, perhaps, but I suspect Hars is trying to create a more blue collar, "shut up and do your job, let our play do the talking" culture on the staff. I felt similarly about Dameyune.

Agree E5. This is a Pat Dye type staff and I believe the Guru would be proud.

Now let's have a take no prisoners 1981 type Pat Dye spring practice and get this program going and back to where it belongs.

I think it’s a mistake, but the decision makers clearly feel differently about where the program was than me. I pointed out years ago that recruiting wasn’t any good, and the inability to keep kids on campus was a problem, and sure enough in time it showed. I think it was obvious we had a head coach holding the team back, and his tag along buddies like Kodi and Chad. I didn’t think the program needed a full reset which is why I suggested just bringing in Cristobal and only replacing the weak links on the staff since Cristobal had previous relationships with the stronger ones. I think we essentially swapped Gus and his close buddies for Harsin and his close buddies. We didn’t really go out and just get the best guys. We’re essentially just gambling on a new guy and his limited network. It is what it is. I’m glad we kept Cadillac for Tank though

So you're one positive for Harsin was keeping a coach that will keep a player for 2 more years?

Seriously? You obviously either don't coach or run a company. If Harsin hired his close buddies then why didn't he bring his entire staff from Boise like Tuberville did when he was hired. He's hired people he knows, has coached against and admired their work from competing against them. I think he has a plan and knows what he wants and fortunately he doesn't care what the Bunker thinks.

He is building a program. He has coached for 20 years and for the first time he has a chance to compete and win at the highest level of college football. He is building a foundation to last for years like Dye did.

Who cares? Harsin and his staff is the perfect example of why all those threads over the years about needing a replacement lined up, or needing a clear upgrade over Malzahn(as far as accomplishments/resume/experience) were pointless and usless. It doesn't matter. No one on this board would have traded Malzahn or his staff for Harsin and this new unknown staff last year or any point until it was officially announced. So that just proves our fans are going to simply fall in line with whoever the decision makers select as the new guy. We could have hired Napier, Clark, Elliott, or whoever and the fan reaction would be the exact same.

Our rival hired former NFL head coaches as assistants, and we hired some combo of Boise coaches and South Carolina/Tennessee/Memphis staff. Says a lot about how big that gap has grown.
I would, at any point in the past 8 years, have traded the inexplicable ball of dysfunction and underperformance that was the CGM program, for CBH and this staff.

Harsin is a winner and winners win.

My assessment is Harsin, and ADAG Green, are implementing a complete cultural change, as well as an organizational structure change. The off the field positions he has filled already, even before hiring coaches, is one big indication that Auburn Football is about operate more like a Fortune 500 company than a mid level paper company in Scranton.

In regards to the treatment of hold over staff, they were contractually bound by Auburn to do a job, but they were also job applicants. It’s not shocking to me that his Chief of Staff, Chief of Operations, or whatever the hell his title is, was handling communication. The CEO talks to the hired candidate, his staff informs the rest of the disappointing news.

I would, at any point in the past 8 years, have traded the inexplicable ball of dysfunction and underperformance that was the CGM program, for CBH and this staff.

Harsin is a winner and winners win.

No you wouldn't. You just say that now. This board had countless discussions on potential Malzahn replacements, and Harsin was never a name brought up with any consistency, for a reason. Any coach who didn't have a win over Saban at some point, more success than Malzahn, or a resume like Bob Stoops were almost always written off. There's no chance suggesting buying out Gus for 20 mill, to gamble on a coach with no power 5 experience, wouldn't have gotten you laughed off the board this time last year. Only difference between Harsin then and now is a shortened Covid season at Boise, and now all the sudden competition is irrelevant to our fans.

Reactions: mmm
No you wouldn't. You just say that now. This board had countless discussions on potential Malzahn replacements, and Harsin was never a name brought up with any consistency, for a reason. Any coach who didn't have a win over Saban at some point, more success than Malzahn, or a resume like Bob Stoops were almost always written off. There's no chance suggesting buying out Gus for 20 mill, to gamble on a coach with no power 5 experience, wouldn't have gotten you laughed off the board this time last year. Only difference between Harsin then and now is a shortened Covid season at Boise, and now all the sudden competition is irrelevant to our fans.

Roflmao. Just leave dude

Is anyone else already tired of this e-persona?

Who cares? Harsin and his staff is the perfect example of why all those threads over the years about needing a replacement lined up, or needing a clear upgrade over Malzahn(as far as accomplishments/resume/experience) were pointless and usless. It doesn't matter. No one on this board would have traded Malzahn or his staff for Harsin and this new unknown staff last year or any point until it was officially announced. So that just proves our fans are going to simply fall in line with whoever the decision makers select as the new guy. We could have hired Napier, Clark, Elliott, or whoever and the fan reaction would be the exact same.

Our rival hired former NFL head coaches as assistants, and we hired some combo of Boise coaches and South Carolina/Tennessee/Memphis staff. Says a lot about how big that gap has grown.
You must be a really sleepy hooker

There is a reason most laugh at you. Your football knowledge comes from playing video games. Harsin will win a title before Mario comes close to winning one. Harsin has actually won before. Mario has a losing record. Just leave douche....
The post you’re responding to is just terrible. But your comment about Harsin winning a “title” before Cristobal is not intelligent either. You do realize Cristobal won PAC 12 champ in 19 (12-2) & 20 (Without 5-7 key starters for 95% of the pandemic year). Oregon will be on the bubble to play in the CFP in 21-22, if not playing in it. I am in full support of Harsin for sure, but are you claiming he will win a SEC Championship “title” in the next 3-4 years?

Agree E5. This is a Pat Dye type staff and I believe the Guru would be proud.

Now let's have a take no prisoners 1981 type Pat Dye spring practice and get this program going and back to where it belongs.
We wouldn’t have 6 players left on the team and Harsin would be under the jailhouse if we had a Spring like 1981.

The post you’re responding to is just terrible. But your comment about Harsin winning a “title” before Cristobal is not intelligent either. You do realize Cristobal won PAC 12 champ in 19 (12-2) & 20 (Without 5-7 key starters for 95% of the pandemic year). Oregon will be on the bubble to play in the CFP in 21-22, if not playing in it. I am in full support of Harsin for sure, but are you claiming he will win a SEC Championship “title” in the next 3-4 years?

Winning the pac 12 at this point is like winning the mountain west. Hell Gus beat the pac 12 champ in 2018 and 2019. Auburn last 5 head coaches all won the sec or went undefeated within the first few years. Harsin has a better record than all of them
Coming in

Reactions: dwfaufan
If you had brought Harsin up as a potential replacement for Gus prior to this year, you would have definitely had that group bring up his head to head loss to Gus. They refused to wrap their head around how someone could get out coached and out manned by a Malzahn team, and still be considered a better fit for the program.

Lol at your dumbass comparing losing to auburn the same at arky st. And Oregon.

Winning the pac 12 at this point is like winning the mountain west. Hell Gus beat the pac 12 champ in 2018 and 2019. Auburn last 5 head coaches all won the sec or went undefeated within the first few years. Harsin has a better record than all of them
Coming in
[/QUOTE
Correct. The Pac 12 isn’t great, however nothing was said about conferences. You said Harsin would have a “title” before Cristobal, which clearly isn’t the case. Again, are you saying Harsin will win a “title” in the next 3-4 years? Speaking of conferences, which conference did his winning record come from? LOL

Harsin beat Mario straight up from that lower conference as well. Mario’s is the most overrated coach In the country. He won’t sniff a title ever and if for some reason he back into the playoff one year due to the pac 12 being terrible. He will get the shit kicked out of them in the semi’s. I also said Harsin is more likely to win one that Mario is. Not that he is guaranteed to win one. Harsin is going to make you guys look bad

You can’t be serious

No wonder Bill Clark turned us down 😑

Sorry brah...yore full of s$&t

Reactions: Atiger71
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT