ADVERTISEMENT

SIAD: NFL says if unvaccinated player causes a cancellation

jslowery

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2004
Wherever My Head Lands
Not only will that team forfeit as no time will be added to make up games, but neither team’s players will be paid for that week….

Holy cow. I don’t see any problems on the horizon with this (yeah right). This only applies if the COVID issue is traced back to an unvaccinated player. But one team could be at 100% vax percentage, and a member of the other team could be unvaccinated, test positive, and due to contact tracing that team has to forfeit because they can’t play ——- AND YHE 100% VACCINATED TEAM DOESN’T GET PAID.

Sorry if it’s already been discussed. I’ve been gone all day and just saw this.

Last edited:
Not only will that team forfeit as no time will be added to make up games, but neither team’s players will be paid for that week….

Holy cow. I don’t see any problems on the horizon with this (yeah right). This only applies if the COVID issue is traced back to an unvaccinated player. But one team could be at 100% vax percentage, and a member of the other team could be unvaccinated, test positive, and due to contact tracing that team has to forfeit because they can’t play ——- AND YHE 100% VACCINATED TEAM DOESN’T GET PAID.

Sorry if it’s already been discussed. I’ve been gone all day and just saw this.
See Deandre Hopkins already coming out against this. People that genuinely don’t want it for whatever reason are feeling extremely pressured by things like this and almost segregated and looked at as disgusting in ways. It’s so wrong. People have a choice to get or not get a vaccine that we still don’t know the potential harms or goods from fully. Ever heard the more things are forced the more pushback you’ll get. Well we are seeing that now and the more moves like this NFL ruling the more people will pushback against the vaccine. I’m vaccinated. If people want to get it great, if not it doesn’t bother me. It’s their choice. The forceful nature and the constant bad mouthing of people that haven’t gotten isn’t doing anyone any good and that’s the cold hard truth

Good. We have excellent, safe, and effective vaccines. The players should go get them unless there is a documented medical reason a specific player cant (which is highly unlikely among these young athletes). “I don’t want one” or “I choose to trust quacks and nuts on social media over the overwhelming consensus of medical experts in the relevant fields” isn’t a medical reason.

See Deandre Hopkins already coming out against this. People that genuinely don’t want it for whatever reason are feeling extremely pressured by things like this and almost segregated and looked at as disgusting in ways. It’s so wrong. People have a choice to get or not get a vaccine that we still don’t know the potential harms or goods from fully. Ever heard the more things are forced the more pushback you’ll get. Well we are seeing that now and the more moves like this NFL ruling the more people will pushback against the vaccine. I’m vaccinated. If people want to get it great, if not it doesn’t bother me. It’s their choice. The forceful nature and the constant bad mouthing of people that haven’t gotten isn’t doing anyone any good and that’s the cold hard truth
Coercion, intimidation, and manipulation. That’s what’s happening. And I got a message for em: GFY.

Good. We have excellent, safe, and effective vaccines. The players should go get them unless there is a documented medical reason a specific player cant (which is highly unlikely among these young athletes). “I don’t want one” or “I choose to trust quacks and nuts on social media over the overwhelming consensus of medical experts in the relevant fields” isn’t a medical reason.
it’s amazing how many people (that also had to get certain vaccines just to go to elementary school and high school) won’t listen to doctors......that went to school for most of their life to become a doctor. I truly believe that if it hadn’t become an (r) vs (d) “thing” then there wouldn’t even be a problem besides your random floor licker that treats their ailments with blueberries and oak leaves.

I wouldn't blame social media quacks, blame the media and perceived leaders of this country. This Spring, it seemed like every day I went to an online news source, there was a story using a sensationalized headline about severe side effects for someone who got the vaccine. Those stories planted seeds.

It also doesn't help when a state's lawmakers, who all call for mandatory masks even for the vaccinated, hop on a private jet without wearing masks, and fly to DC for political theater. Then whoops, out of all those vaccinated Senators, 3 test positive and then a vaccinated aid to Pelosi who met with them also tested positive.

Even during 2020, the media was more than happy to put Joe and Kamala out there saying how they didn't trust the vaccines. So now people distrust the vaccines and people want to blame social media quacks? Media and leaders have given plenty of fodder to not trust the vaccines.

I wouldn't blame social media quacks, blame the media and perceived leaders of this country. This Spring, it seemed like every day I went to an online news source, there was a story using a sensationalized headline about severe side effects for someone who got the vaccine. Those stories planted seeds.

It also doesn't help when a state's lawmakers, who all call for mandatory masks even for the vaccinated, hop on a private jet without wearing masks, and fly to DC for political theater. Then whoops, out of all those vaccinated Senators, 3 test positive and then a vaccinated aid to Pelosi who met with them also tested positive.

Even during 2020, the media was more than happy to put Joe and Kamala out there saying how they didn't trust the vaccines. So now people distrust the vaccines and people want to blame social media quacks? Media and leaders have given plenty of fodder to not trust the vaccines.
This is exactly what started it all, Democrats screaming don’t trust the Trump vaccine. They’ve now done a total 180 since they run the show now and are being the complete hypocrites that the party is and is trying to force it on people now or your evil if you don’t have it. That approach will do nothing but cause further pushback and mistrust

it’s amazing how many people (that also had to get certain vaccines just to go to elementary school and high school) won’t listen to doctors......that went to school for most of their life to become a doctor. I truly believe that if it hadn’t become an (r) vs (d) “thing” then there wouldn’t even be a problem besides your random floor licker that treats their ailments with blueberries and oak leaves.
To hell with that whole freedom thing, right? Everything will be fine…..as long as we get in line?

To hell with that whole freedom thing, right? Everything will be fine…..as long as we get in line?
No one has a God-given right to play in any professional league or frankly to get any particular job and ignore that employer’s requirements. Neither do you have an inalienable right to enroll in a particular school. If they require certain vaccines, you get them or you find a place that doesn’t require them. Ain’t freedom great?

The rise of the “let’s listen to partisan talking heads on cable news and YouTube on medical matters over medical experts” phenomenon is one of the dumber things to come down the chute in a long time.

I don’t need one. I see what certain people in government want to push and it’s all about control and future votes. It’s fact, you can disagree that’s your choice.
Yeah I disagree, because it’s nuts. The gubment isn’t playing a game of mind control here. They’re doing what any responsible leadership body would do - trying to end the worst pandemic since 1918 all while dealing with conspiracy nuts seeing ghosts behind every rock.

Reactions: MatthewJ
No one has a God-given right to play in any professional league or frankly to get any particular job and ignore that employer’s requirements. Neither do you have an inalienable right to enroll in a particular school. If they require certain vaccines, you get them or you find a place that doesn’t require them. Ain’t freedom great?
Do schools require a non FDA approved vaccine to enroll your children? Because my kids school certainly doesn’t. Nor does my job, in healthcare, require me to have the vaccine. That’s freedom, I don’t really care what the nfl does.

Do schools require a non FDA approved vaccine to enroll your children? Because my kids school certainly doesn’t. Nor does my job, in healthcare, require me to have the vaccine. That’s freedom, I don’t really care what the nfl does.
Some do schools and jobs do. It’s already FDA approved under an EUA and will be fully approved by October at the latest. Quit sowing FUD and cloaking it in patriotism.

Some do schools and jobs do. It’s already FDA approved under an EUA and will be fully approved by October at the latest. Quit sowing FUD and cloaking it in patriotism.
Im not cloaking in anything. I haven’t said one thing about “government control.” People have a right to choose if they want a vaccine or not in the same way a woman chooses to have an abortion or a trans person decides to cut their Johnson off. I work with multiple doctors every day, not all of them a vaccinated, does that make them educated quacks? You have your opinion, and others have theirs.

If it were that easy, they would make the vaccine mandatory. I know I’ve been advise not to make the vaccine mandatory for my employees. I’m not the NFL but I imagine if they could, they would. If they backed off and let it die down, you would get more support for the vaccine.

Reactions: A2NCtiger
NFL caring about player safety is like the NCAA caring about the “student athletes”.

its peak hypocrisy.

science says if you get a vaccine your are safe. If the NFL is worried about Covid then a player that shows symptoms and test positive should sit out. Vaccine or no vaccine.

seems pretty simple.

Im not cloaking in anything. I haven’t said one thing about “government control.” People have a right to choose if they want a vaccine or not in the same way a woman chooses to have an abortion or a trans person decides to cut their Johnson off. I work with multiple doctors every day, not all of them a vaccinated, does that make them educated quacks? You have your opinion, and others have theirs.
If a doctor who doesn't have a specific medical condition is refusing the vaccine, they are in the vast, vast minority of medical professionals and, at least in this particular area, are operating in pseudoscience and quackery, yes.

Bottom line: if a job or a school has requirements for certain vaccinations, like many of them do, either get the vaccine or find a place that doesn't. Simple as that.

• Haha
I find it funny these players are fine with the risk of permanent damage to body and the devastating effects of CTE but draw the line at the vaccine.
I agree it should be their choice, but just crazy to me. We’re good friends with a guy who played in the NFL for 10+ years and he’s struggling with basic daily activities already at 60.

• Haha
Reactions: TitanTiger (AU)
If a doctor who doesn't have a specific medical condition is refusing the vaccine, they are in the vast, vast minority of medical professionals and, at least in this particular area, are operating in pseudoscience and quackery, yes.

Bottom line: if a job or a school has requirements for certain vaccinations, like many of them do, either get the vaccine or find a place that doesn't. Simple as that.
Bottom line: if you have different opinion than @TitanTiger (AU), you’re wrong. Got it.

If it were that easy, they would make the vaccine mandatory. I know I’ve been advise not to make the vaccine mandatory for my employees. I’m not the NFL but I imagine if they could, they would. If they backed off and let it die down, you would get more support for the vaccine.
They are trying to take the course of encouraging rather than forcing if they can. Carrot and stick approach. Carrot is, if you're vaccinated and you're exposed, you don't have to quarantine and if your team is fully vaccinated, you have a competitive advantage over other teams that aren't. Stick is, if your decision to not vaccinate results in you being responsible for a COVID outbreak that forces a game to be cancelled, your team loses the game by forfeit and you may lose pay for the game that couldn't be played.

Yeah I disagree, because it’s nuts. The gubment isn’t playing a game of mind control here. They’re doing what any responsible leadership body would do - trying to end the worst pandemic since 1918 all while dealing with conspiracy nuts seeing ghosts behind every rock.

the same government that blocked the bill that would declassify the origins of the disaster if a virus should be trusted with the remedy?

I got a vaccine but totally understand why people choose not to.

science says yore safe if your have a vaccine.

If you don't want to get vaccinated, fine by me. Don't play, don't get paid.

Next

Freedom? When another person’s willful ignorance threatens innocent people’s lives, including children, you forfeit your right to freedom in my opinion. I know the NFL care about the almighty dollar and not human lives, but in this case those two happen to line up

Freedom? When another person’s willful ignorance threatens innocent people’s lives, including children, you forfeit your right to freedom in my opinion. I know the NFL care about the almighty dollar and not human lives, but in this case those two happen to line up
If you’re vaccinated, you’re safe, right?

Reactions: overman185
Or you and your communist friends can gfy

What’s next?

“Sir if you want a whopper meal, I will need to see your vax card?”

If you don't want to get vaccinated, fine by me. Don't play, don't get paid.

Next
Just because they don’t get vaccinated doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be allowed to play. Plenty of unvaccinated people will never get Covid. I never once got it and I flew all over the country in and out of hospitals and clinics the entire time at the peak of the virus. Guess what, if they are vaccinated they could also still get it and would then have to sit.

let but they are letting the illegals cross the boarder by the thousands without testing them with covid.

This is exactly what started it all, Democrats screaming don’t trust the Trump vaccine. They’ve now done a total 180 since they run the show now and are being the complete hypocrites that the party is and is trying to force it on people now or your evil if you don’t have it. That approach will do nothing but cause further pushback and mistrust

It didn't start there. It started when the entire pandemic was poo poo'd by T himself and politicized at the outset; that set close to one half of the country against the other half that wanted to take precautions. As a nation, we did nothing at all to stop the spread of the disease until it was too late to do anything; we did a Chinese inspection on this thing and then Trump himself, after shitting on it with his whole faux strong man routine, finally turned and said we needed to start making efforts and the fugging whiplash broke necks all over the country.

• Haha
Reactions: griffna
It didn't start there. It started when the entire pandemic was poo poo'd by T himself and politicized at the outset; that set close to one half of the country against the other half that wanted to take precautions. As a nation, we did nothing at all to stop the spread of the disease until it was too late to do anything; we did a Chinese inspection on this thing and then Trump himself, after shitting on it with his whole faux strong man routine, finally turned and said we needed to start making efforts and the fugging whiplash broke necks all over the country.
What?! You seriously believe that🤣

Reactions: Guy Forks
What?! You seriously believe that🤣

I don't just believe it, I know it to be accurate. I can read.

You also said Dem leaders were skeptical about the vaccine to begin with, and early on, some of them were...but it's largely not Dems not taking the vaccine. So you're suggesting that GOP types listened to the Dem leaders about the validity of the vaccines. That strains credulity.

I was skeptical about the vaccines early on because I had a guy who is involved in mass producing them for a living telling me that while we could probably come up with functional vaccines pretty quickly, finding the best ones and then mass producing them on a global scale sufficient to stop the spread was going to take much more time...

ADVERTISEMENT