ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL SEC Media Days: MSU's Jeff Lebby

BrianStultz

All-American
Staff
Jul 1, 2021
Mississippi State's Jeff Lebby is about to take the stage at SEC Media Days.

Follow along for all updates.

* Sankey introducing Lebby. Mentions he comes from OU where he actually went to school there. Career got cut short due to injury.

* Apparently Lebby's 6-year-old son is a good athlete. Thanks for that, Commish.

* Couldn't be more proud to be representing Mississippi State in Dallas. He called it Dak City.

* "Our guys have taken to the culture. We talk about having fun, tough and competitive and accountable."

* I like Lebby's energy compared to a lot of the other coaches though he looks like he just got out of bed.

* He's telling us what his program stands on and it is the same thing that every other program is built on. He sort of sounds like a former Auburn head coach that lasted 21 months.

* Opening it up for questions.

* No returning starters on offense and only 2 on defense for MSU. "The climate of college football and the portal cycle that ended in December is huge for us to have success in Year 1."

* A question on Nick Saban, imagine that. Lebby was almost hired by Saban at Alabama.

* Oklahoma question from Oklahoma guy to an Oklahoma guy. Lebby enjoyed working with Venables.

* On spending time with Kiffin and what he learned from it: "Just understanding the week-to-week grind of it." on coaching college football.

* SO. MUCH. COACH. SPEAK!!!!!!!!!

* Does he think he will go faster on offense with the new in-helmet communication? "I think it is a balancing act."

* Best piece of advice he has received: "Consistency and being yourself and being comfortable in your own skin."

* Another Texas guy with a Texas question. Pass.

* BOO! Lebby won't talk about him going back and forth with Kiffin on Twitter.

* Lebby thinks the portal has made the game go away from recruiting the JUCO guys more.

* "You are going to get a football team that is excited to play. You are going to get a team that is prepared and loves to play the game." - awesome to know

* Mississippi State's first two conference road games are at Texas and Georgia. "I look at that as an opportunity for our guys."

That's it for Lebby. I hope you found him as riveting as I did.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.