ADVERTISEMENT

SEC contribution to BLM

I guess I would sound very ignorant if I said I really had no idea that BLM was an actual organization. I just thought it was a movement, a hashtag, a motto or whatever you want to call it. So I won't say it and will just keep reading and learning

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.\.

Its amazing how every non-political entity that cannot be criticized also shares all of this communist ideology.

I guess I would sound very ignorant if I said I really had no idea that BLM was an actual organization. I just thought it was a movement, a hashtag, a motto or whatever you want to call it. So I won't say it and will just keep reading and learning

Willing to bet that @Derock_61 had no idea either before he called everybody critical of this group the KKK.

Reactions: AUzad
Lol! OP you trolling us or what? Click that BLM donate button and you go to Act Blue. Wanna see where their expenditures go? Click the link and scroll to the bottom. Sounds like the SEC may be giving money indirectly to the democrat campaigns (so far Biden's campaign has received 119M)

https://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/expenditures.php?cycle=2020&cmte=C00401224

Act Blue is used by democratic candidates and causes

Win Red is used by conservative candidates and causes

republicans actually copied the idea b/c of Act Blue's success in grassroots funding. i cannot find any evidence that either platform funnels money to candidates that was meant for other candidates and/or causes

Willing to bet that @Derock_61 had no idea either before he called everybody critical of this group the KKK.

i've been highly entertained by the conservative meltdowns actually...lots of very angry adults using a lot of cuss words on an internet message board

i don't claim to be a democrat either before this gets anyone russelt

Act Blue is used by democratic candidates and causes

Win Red is used by conservative candidates and causes

republicans actually copied the idea b/c of Act Blue's success in grassroots funding. i cannot find any evidence that either platform funnels money to candidates that was meant for other candidates and/or causes
Cool. So maybe the SEC should donate money to both Act Blue or Win Red OR maybe the SEC can find a charity that's not tied to politics.

It is a world wide lobbying organization now. They hide it as an activist organization but you can look at the amount of money donated and how it goes to growing the activism. The thing is activism is lobbying just through different channels.

Really now? That would be very interesting........
BLM is a corporation not a charity.Money to BLM passes through an organization called vote blue.They have not been forthcoming about how the 100m $ donated has been dispersed.I would much rather the money go to something like UNCF or NAACP for that matter.BLM is a radical communist leaning group.

For some reason the powers that be have deemed BLM mainstream and every corporation is afraid the mob will come after them if they do not bend the knee.

Cool. So maybe the SEC should donate money to both Act Blue or Win Red OR maybe the SEC can find a charity that's not tied to politics.

so are we mad b/c the money is supposedly funneled to Joe Biden or are we mad b/c they are a democratic cause?

BLM is a corporation not a charity.Money to BLM passes through an organization called vote blue.They have not been forthcoming about how the 100m $ donated has been dispersed.I would much rather the money go to something like UNCF or NAACP for that matter.BLM is a radical communist leaning group.

Joe Biden got $119M of that $100M

For some reason the powers that be have deemed BLM mainstream and every corporation is afraid the mob will come after them if they do not bend the knee.

nike stock reached an all-time high directly after their colin kaepernick ad a couple of years ago...being afraid of the mob seems to be very profitable.

so are we mad b/c the money is supposedly funneled to Joe Biden or are we mad b/c they are a democratic cause?
Mad because they're anything that might lean either way if our Universities are going to be donating to them. Just so happens that in this case it's a completely liberal organization

Maybe both? I would venture to guess people have issue with the blind following that BLM has and is trying to infact improve black lives when in reality and I have nothing to back this other than what had been talked about here, that money could be funneling into other aspects that are not actually supporting Black lives. YOU could argue however, that supporting a certain political party may in fact improve the very things you are protesting about as well so donating to BLM could help in the long run..

I would think people would find a donation from AU to another organization more agreeable to actually help the communities families or kids in the AA community that was tied to a political party, but to each their own.

nike stock reached an all-time high directly after their colin kaepernick ad a couple of years ago...being afraid of the mob seems to be very profitable.
Every stock in America hit all time highs around the same time.The market was going crazy.I wouldn’t attribute that to KAP.

Maybe both? I would venture to guess people have issue with the blind following that BLM has and is trying to infact improve black lives when in reality and I have nothing to back this other than what had been talked about here, that money could be funneling into other aspects that are not actually supporting Black lives. YOU could argue however, that supporting a certain political party may in fact improve the very things you are protesting about as well so donating to BLM could help in the long run..

I would think people would find a donation from AU to another organization more agreeable to actually help the communities families or kids in the AA community that was tied to a political party, but to each their own.

it's fascinating b/c there's no evidence about money being funneled and no one seems to even know what type of movement/organization/entity BLM is, but by god we are mad

i don't think our universities or athletic departments need to get political either, but we all have different thoughts the political nature of BLM.

Reactions: rkspeck33
it's fascinating b/c there's no evidence about money being funneled and no one seems to even know what type of movement/organization/entity BLM is, but by god we are mad

i don't think our universities or athletic departments need to get political either, but we all have different thoughts the political nature of BLM.

You can literally read all about it on their website.

Hey man, can you explain how the organization Black Lives Matter is not political?

You're throwing out a lot of accusations. I want to know if whatever money I or anyone else donate this year is used to fund certain political candidates or causes in the 2020 elections.
Fvck it. Just save your money for the next Klan rally...White power!

No you don't. That's the problem.

The only problem I see @Derock_61 is your unwillingness to have a civil normal conversation without resorting to calling people a racist.

I have no beef with you other than you're calling people Klan members for not being down with a BRAND that you apparently know nothing or little about.

Unfortunately their site is blocked from my work, but if you read their mission statement there, or more appropriately their manifesto you will find their real objectives. There is a huge difference between the idea of the BLM and the actual movement/organization that had people and funding in place waiting for an event and they got it with Ferguson, MO. They are well funded and not grass roots or organic. They are marxist and anti-American first.

I will be sorely disappointed if all 14 schools are on board with this, but then again consider where the majority of administration and faculty lean ideologically and it's not surprising at all.

Reactions: anon_xdkqbpnrbtnct
The only problem I see @Derock_61 is your unwillingness to have a civil normal conversation without resorting to calling people a racist.

I have no beef with you other than you're calling people Klan members for not being down with a BRAND that you apparently know nothing or little about.

please tell me what type of legal entity BLM is...also please present proof of funneled money.

you seem to know a lot about it so this shouldn't take long.

Mad because they should be using their donations received to help black people and not politicians. Set up scholarships for black Americans....set up a mentoring program in cities that might help black youth....donate money to help build parks and recreational centers in predominantly black neighborhood.

Reactions: anon_xdkqbpnrbtnct
please tell me what type of legal entity BLM is...also please present proof of funneled money.

you seem to know a lot about it so this shouldn't take long.

Hmm, I was responding to this:

what type of movement/organization/entity BLM is, but by god we are mad

They explicitly say what they're about on their website in 3-4 different manifestos.

I didnt say anything about "funneling" money I know how they get paid.

Mad because they should be using their donations received to help black people and not politicians. Set up scholarships for black Americans....set up a mentoring program in cities that might help black youth....donate money to help build parks and recreational centers in predominantly black neighborhood.

i'd be willing to be you have zero clue if they do or don't do any of these things.

hopefully you would be ok with a contribution to a cause that does indeed do those thing you listed.

You literally haven't provided any substance to the conversation other than if you don't support BLM you are racist. That's not how this works.

well we have a thread full of white people threatening to quit auburn sports for what he feels is supporting black lives...he's probably a little mad...i agree with you though

How do you feel about the KKK and the ideology of white supremacy? Just some "good people" who love themselves, this country and white Jesus Christ...correct?

i'd be willing to be you have zero clue if they do or don't do any of these things.

hopefully you would be ok with a contribution to a cause that does indeed do those thing you listed.
I would argue though, that probably 90% who support BLM don't either. That is also a problem. We donated to the NAACP instead, but non the less if your donation to the BLM is for what you personally believe is going to help, then thats also fine, but you should and really everyone should try to understand what any charity, org, or group does with the money and the message/change they are wanting. Otherwise, why are you supporting it?

Reactions: tigers3014
Listen, I'm not the Bunker token black guy where you direct your dumbass questions about black people you're too ignorant and chicken shit to ask to their faces. For some of you, the Bunker is the new KKK mask. Hell, take the mask off so we can all see who the ignorant racist people are. If you don't support BLM, you don't support justice and equality for ALL people including the black athletes that help earn millions for Auburn for decades.
There you go. Bring out the buzz word. Call everybody a racist because we disagree with you. BLM believes that ALL whites should undergo re-education. That’s racist. BLM believes that irregardless of ideals and actions, that white people are subconsciously oppressing blacks. That’s racist. It’s painting with a broad brush and assuming something about people based on their race. BLM is a racist, anti white organization.

I would argue though, that probably 90% who support BLM don't either. That is also a problem. We donated to the NAACP instead, but non the less if your donation to the BLM is for what you personally believe is going to help, then thats also fine, but you should and really everyone should try to understand what any charity, org, or group does with the money and the message/change they are wanting. Otherwise, why are you supporting it?

i like you dawg. post more.

Reactions: rkspeck33
How do you feel about the KKK and the ideology of white supremacy? Just some "good people" who love themselves, this country and white Jesus Christ...correct?

This is absolutely bizarre. What are you battling inside? Who here is for the things you're saying they are for?

The KKK is a horrible remnant of our past. You're trying to make people into things they aren't just because they're not on board with a political org you apparently stan for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT