ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmage Day Boys

To GUS'S KREDIT, he uzed a FULLBLOCK and the KONCEPT werked!!
HOWEVA, he gotta litta too CUTE and wanted to mooove the "FULLBLOCKS" out to SPLIT END beeekuzz he thawt it wood "TRICK" the DEEEFENTZE.
To make a LONG story SHORT---------------------IT DIDN'T "TRICK" NOBODY!!!!!!

JJ from AZ St and/or Shanker and/or other TE and/or Cam’s bro on one side of the field must’ve scared kirbs and sabear to death. Jesus man - just giving up half the field for no reason. I hope Gus forgets his umbrella when it rains every day at 4pm in Orlando this summer.

JJ from AZ St and/or Shanker and/or other TE and/or Cam’s bro on one side of the field must’ve scared kirbs and sabear to death. Jesus man - just giving up half the field for no reason. I hope Gus forgets his umbrella when it rains every day at 4pm in Orlando this summer.
It wuz like playing 9 againzt 11 ERRRY DAYUM TIME!!!
I NEVA undastood it.

I believe they will definitely use a fullback along with several 2 TE sets to help chip on the outside pass rush before releasing into the pattern.

I was wondering last year, since Chad had revamped the offense last year and we were struggling with pass protection, why didn't we use the TE to chip edge rushers like you see in every other offense?

I still don’t expect our line to be upper tier SEC by any means, but I am encouraged to hear that two guys that made the switch from defensive line to offensive line are progressive to the point that Nix might not have to run for his life from pressure off the left hand side this year on every other play.
Speaking of Nix running for his life, I’m also Missouri on him staying in the pocket and stepping up into his throws until I see it. The previous staff allowed a lot of bad habits to form and fester. Not being pessimistic, just would actually like to see the oline perform to a higher standard and Nix to as well before I believe it.

The description that was used inside the complex regarding today...”We are gonna tape up our fist and beat the sh*t outta each other for a little while, until we know who likes it and who doesn’t.”

giphy.gif

Looking forward to hearing some nuggets on the various offensive and defensive line battles today. Was told by a good source this scrimmage is going to be run heavy and an opportunity for guys to play physical. Don’t expect a ton of carries for Tank today, but for Shivers and Devan Barrett to get a lot of reps. Personally I expect the LBs to eat big time, but today’s blue collar scrimmage is what help builds the DNA of your program. One OL nugget, Alec Jackson and T. Manning have upped their game this spring and I feel confident saying those two will be starters this fall.
Lost me at Alec Jackson starting. I contend we will be in a bind if that comes to pass.

Reactions: JLEAGLE07
Speaking of Nix running for his life, I’m also Missouri on him staying in the pocket and stepping up into his throws until I see it. The previous staff allowed a lot of bad habits to form and fester. Not being pessimistic, just would actually like to see the oline perform to a higher standard and Nix to as well before I believe it.
Completely understand.

We need some transfers if we are still hoping our OL can GET to average.

I don't see that. There is talent there on the roster and the change in offense should help tremendously given that the defense won't know the plays we are running

Missouri on the oline. That’s the same thing we heard last year by many people. Marcello of all people was the only one being truthful in how crappy our oline was going into the season.
I remember someone saying last year that Alec Jackson would "be an NFL player" for us then he ending up being a turnstile. I'm taking these comments about OL with a grain of salt

Reactions: jolivesr
I was wondering last year, since Chad had revamped the offense last year and we were struggling with pass protection, why didn't we use the TE to chip edge rushers like you see in every other offense?
Was it just me or did we run a baffling amount of empty sets with 5 OL last year? Drove me crazy everytime I continued to see it later in the year. It's like you wanted to set up failure, especially on 3rd and long.

Reactions: First Coast Tiger
I really want to get excited about football but I just cant do it right now. Its on me I know but for some reason it just isn't happening. I even went to practice last Saturday and still didn't get that I love AU football itch. My son even asked me why I didn't seem into it so it is noticeable.

Right or wrong I feel like we need some big time recruits to committ for me to believe this staff has a chance at survival.
That’s a problem you always have love for auburn football no matter what they do.

Reactions: vanceme
We just need to get on the field and beat a team we weren't supposed to beat. That should cure your ails.

I think you nailed it. Even if we get some recruits, I’m gonna be meh. If we beat teams we’re supposed to beat- meh. When we finally pull an upset... that’s when the fire is gonna come back. We’re a long ways from that ☹

Reactions: anon_xdkqbpnrbtnct
It will be tuff for our "FAMBLY" to take "IF" we start dem SAME GUYS up frunt az we did lazt yeeer.
I don't thank our O-LINE iz neeerly az bad az dis "FAMBLY" portrays it to be BUT, thare will be KUMPLEEET COME APARTS if the SAME 5 GUYS start nekkzt yeer.
I'm much moe worrried about the DEEEE-LINE than I am dat O-LINE.
I disagree. I think most reasonable fans understand the OL played in a defunct system with piss poor schemes and coaching. I’m willing to give the same guys a chance with different off-season workouts, coaching and most importantly a new attitude.

I’m going to really try and give Bo the benefit of the doubt with the new coaching staff. He’s got a lot of bad habits to shore up. We can’t expect him to be perfect but I know we all want to see some real improvement. Here’s to hoping it happens this year.

I think Mason's 3-4 scheme better fits our personnel on the DL, so disagree with that, but agree that our OL wasn't as bad as some fans believed...but there's still massive room for improvement, and wouldn't surprise me if we bring in a transfer or two by the summer.

YES it was !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😱😱😱😱

Maybe because we didn't recruit well and we don't have any new recruits we have landed. With out players the program dies. I am sure he can coach but its recruits we need.
In the 3 months he’s been here?

I think you nailed it. Even if we get some recruits, I’m gonna be meh. If we beat teams we’re supposed to beat- meh. When we finally pull an upset... that’s when the fire is gonna come back. We’re a long ways from that ☹
Great, I cant wait to storm the field against a shitty leg humper team.

Looking forward to hearing some nuggets on the various offensive and defensive line battles today. Was told by a good source this scrimmage is going to be run heavy and an opportunity for guys to play physical. Don’t expect a ton of carries for Tank today, but for Shivers and Devan Barrett to get a lot of reps. Personally I expect the LBs to eat big time, but today’s blue collar scrimmage is what helps build the DNA of your program. One OL nugget, Alec Jackson and T. Manning have upped their game this spring and I feel confident saying those two will be starters this fall.
It seems your source has been high on Jackson and Manning going back to last season. Hopefully they step up especially Manning since he has gone through so much.

It seems your source has been high on Jackson and Manning going back to last season. Hopefully they step up especially Manning since he has gone through so much.
He’s definitely been high on Manning since last season, and to his credit TM graded out as our best O-lineman after last season. He also told me preseason last year he thought both Hamm and Manning both had pro potential, now for that to be true they obviously would need to continue to improve significantly upon the level they played at last year, and I personally think Hamm should be playing Guard and not Tackle. Jackson is the truly interesting one to me. The kid obviously did not play at a high level last year, but in his defense he was really only in his second year of playing OT and didn’t have a full spring or summer to prepare. Most players improve exponentially between their first and second season, so I’m interested to see him take what he learned last year and then go through a full offseason of development and see what he looks like in the fall. My guess his going to be much better, but we’ll just have to wait and see.

He’s definitely been high on Manning since last season, and to his credit TM graded out as our best O-lineman after last season. He also told me preseason last year he thought both Hamm and and Manning both had pro potential, now for that to be true they obviously would need to continue to improve significantly upon the level they played at last year, and I personally think Hamm should be playing Guard and not Tackle. Jackson is the truly interesting one to me. The kid obviously did not play at a high level last year, but in his defense he was really only in his second year of playing OT and didn’t have a full spring or summer to prepare. Most players improve exponentially between their first and second season, so I’m interested to see him take what he learned last year and then go through a full offseason of development and see what he looks like in the fall. My guess his going to be much better, but we’ll just have to wait and see.
dayum, i was hopin we'd go for Jackson/Council/Brahms/Jones/Hamm . do you think councils injury is putting him behind on the depth chart?

He’s definitely been high on Manning since last season, and to his credit TM graded out as our best O-lineman after last season. He also told me preseason last year he thought both Hamm and Manning both had pro potential, now for that to be true they obviously would need to continue to improve significantly upon the level they played at last year, and I personally think Hamm should be playing Guard and not Tackle. Jackson is the truly interesting one to me. The kid obviously did not play at a high level last year, but in his defense he was really only in his second year of playing OT and didn’t have a full spring or summer to prepare. Most players improve exponentially between their first and second season, so I’m interested to see him take what he learned last year and then go through a full offseason of development and see what he looks like in the fall. My guess his going to be much better, but we’ll just have to wait and see.
Agree! Speaking of Hamm I can't help but to think what he could do at guard with his strength. We'll have to see if Coffey or someone can take over at RT so he can make the move.

Yikes...how can you not be excited for this team, under a new regime, and under an ALPHA like Bryan Harsin?

Recruiting will sort itself out when we are able to host kids on campus in early June.

Winning will cure a many of ills.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT