ADVERTISEMENT

Scientists

I listen to Rogan and Fighter and the Kid. Schaub alluded to it on there as well. Ridiculous that it came to that, and ridiculous that they shunned Ivermectin so early…
I had Covid and took hydroxychl and it really helped me. I went from can't breath to being able to breath better than I have over last 10 years or so. It was a huge success to me.

Reactions: hsvtiger34
I saw this on Facebook, so I know it's true.

220404072_574205450376088_8658476897945453976_n.jpg
Did you actually think this was clever?

Reactions: AU_Panther
This is why I try to simplify it for people and ask them to think about all of the people you know that was severely impacted by Covid and then think about all of the people severely impacted by any vaccine. In most cases people can name numerous Covid cases and zero adverse reaction cases, that they personally know or even have six degrees of separation of.
I only know of one person (personally) who had a COVID issue and it was me. I know of a kid who is friends with my son who is lucky to be alive because of a vaccine.

What does that mean? Not shat, because both were statistical anomalies. There are billions of people in this world. Try not to get bent on the few.

Do this math and I will tell you what the variables were.

157 cases out of 135 million.

Would you personally take those odds?

What if they were 3 out out of 135 million? Which is better for you and you would say matters?

• Wow
Reactions: Hornacious
It's true that there are scientists with an agenda.

Every fugging person you meet walking the face of the earth has a goddamn agenda.

We have to pick and choose who to place our trust in, and to what degree.

The less knowledge we ourselves possess, the more we are willing to trust.

The less we are able to learn, the more we are willing to trust.

The more educated we become, the less we are willing to trust.

The easier we have access to knowledge of a subject, the less we are willing to trust.

What we inevitably miss is that it's impossible for us to know as much as professionals in a field if we ourselves are not professionals in that same field.

I can read books and scientific studies all the livelong day but I am not and will not likely ever be a virologist or an epidemiologist, nor will I ever design vaccines or study how they work or do not work, nor will I ever have sufficient knowledge to speak in an educated manner about the immune response in the human body and how the body responds to COVID.

I can read about it, but that's it ... I can't see it for myself or learn from actual hands on experience.

WE ARE FORCED TO RELY UPON THE SUPERIOR KNOWLEDGE OF OTHERS IN THIS WORLD. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US. The minute we start thinking we have all the answers in the face of a disparity of knowledge so profound ... well, let's just say the world is populated with idiots.

We don't need constant reminders to question what we are told...but we need to recognize our own limitations and stop trying to swim upstream when we have absolutely no real way of supplanting the knowledge of others.
I trust I am not smart enough to comprehend most things I read and all things I see.

• Haha
Reactions: Bassman
I only know of one person (personally) who had a COVID issue and it was me. I know of a kid who is friends with my son who is lucky to be alive because of a vaccine.

What does that mean? Not shat, because both were statistical anomalies. There are billions of people in this world. Try not to get bent on the few.

Do this math and I will tell you what the variables were.

157 cases out of 135 million.

Would you personally take those odds?

What if they were 3 out out of 135 million? Which is better for you and you would say matters?
For me, I use the actual big data. My simplification is for folks that don’t believe the data is real. But I do stand by it, in most cases - folks know someone who has Covid vs vaccine. I don’t know the source of your data, but last I did this, months ago, you had 1% chance of dying if you got Covid. Only .00012% of an severe respiratory reaction if you take the shot. Of course it’s not guaranteed you would get Covid, but as contagious as it is, your time is coming if you never get vaccinated.

Reactions: vanceme and Bassman
A friend of mine told me early on to, “trust the science “ and then a year later and after being vaccinated he still wouldn’t go to restaurants.

I knew why. He didn’t trust the science.
This is what I try to get people to understand, but the country is so polarized-politically, that they can’t have discipline to stick with the science. It’s like if you’re vaccinated, why the hell are you still acting like you’re not and the numbers haven’t dramatically changed?

Reactions: StatsMatter
I’m a career scientist. Research virologist specializing in molecular genetics of virus replication and infection. I work on generating candidate vaccine viruses for seasonal Influenza, specifically Live Attenuated Influenza Vaccine (LAIV) Viruses. I don’t do gain-of-function research but I am well aware of what it is (unlike the media and Dr. Fauci apparently). I have no agenda. I do the work and the results speak for themselves.

Figurehead scientists and political appointees do have their tightrope they walk where funding and being in the good graces of Gov higher ups tend to have an agenda. Some reallllllly don’t deserve the titles they are given but fit the mold and intersectional qualifications desired by an administration so they get the job.

I have worked with PhD’s that I wouldn’t trust with a pipette and sterile water. I have worked with brilliant scientists as well. I have worked with scientist who apply for and get grant funding for absolutely useless research. I understand the grant funding mechanism and thus I understand how the game is played (environmental research).
[Hint: if your grant funding depends on results you tend to find the results you want]

I tend to not trust people who run directly to any news camera they can find.

For me, I use the actual big data. My simplification is for folks that don’t believe the data is real. But I do stand by it, in most cases - folks know someone who has Covid vs vaccine. I don’t know the source of your data, but last I did this, months ago, you had 1% chance of dying if you got Covid. Only .00012% of an severe respiratory reaction if you take the shot. Of course it’s not guaranteed you would get Covid, but as contagious as it is, your time is coming if you never get vaccinated.
My issue is the people who have had COVID are even less likely to get it again. So why ask them to get a shot they don't need?

ADVERTISEMENT