ADVERTISEMENT

Rough july, fam..... update(August 7th)

BinOBA

AYATOLLAH OF AREOLA
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2009
Parts unknown
Update at the bottom of the post.

I appreciate having this place as a place to mete out these thoughts and emotions. I'm like a lot of folks and don't share or talk about what troubles me but this is an emotional spigot I can't turn off.

My father suffered a ruptured vein in his leg at work. It nearly killed him. He is back in the hospital and having a hell of a time with infection after sending him home with no antibiotics. He is getting a med vac on his thigh today and we pray he is on the road to recovery after this. i appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers after his injury.

3 days after my father was injured, my mother started to develop jaundice.. She had tumors on her pancreas that were closing a duct for bile drainage. This morning we found out that it's pancreatic cancer. All this has myself and my sister through the ringer the past couple weeks. Once again i ask that you lift our family in prayer as we wait to speak with the oncologist.

Thanks, Bunker.

Update July 29.
My dad may get to come home today. Leg is supposedly looking better after being sent home with no antibiotics.

The cancer has spread beyond my mothers pancreas. They don't think she is healthy enough for surgery or chemo. Gonna be a tough row to hoe. Not a great day, today.

August 7th update

My mother passed about 2 pm today while surrounded by many of her friends and lived ones. Her battle was very hard and it hurts me that she met her end this way but I'm very thankful for the mercy she received today. Thank you all for thinking of us.

Please continue to put my father in your thoughts and prayers. He still has a tough road ahead with skin grafts and rehab on his leg.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.