ADVERTISEMENT

REMATCH OF 2013?

Duo

All-American
Jul 23, 2006
IF.............and that's a BIG IF Auburn and FSU were both to go undefeated would Auburn fans look forward to a rematch in the "Final 4" this year? If so, how are things looking for the Auburn team this year compared to last year?

FSU has been bitten by the injury bug with several players out indefinitely........and not knowing if they will be able to play in the postseason or not. I think FSU fans would love to face any SEC team especially Auburn or Alabama.

Anyway, how would you feel about it?

Auburn still has to play 5 or 6 top 25 teams, including about 4 of them on the road. It will be tough for us to get back with that schedule. If we do make it back, I don't really care who we play. If I compared this team to last year, the running game on offense is not as good, the passing game on offense is probably better, the run defense is probably better, the pass rush on defense is probably not as good, special teams are about the same.

Auburn has been without a couple of their better players as well. Carl Lawson is probably our best player on defense when healthy, but he has been out all year with a knee injury. Some people think he could be back in the next few weeks and he should definitely be back by the playoff if we make it that far. Alex Kozan would ordinarily be one of our starting offensive lineman, but he has been out all year with a back injury. He will miss the rest of the year including the playoff even if we make it.

Auburn is missing several starters as well and is still kicking ass. I would love to beat them into the ground.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT