ADVERTISEMENT

RE: One of the hardest decision to make in the next 1-2 years??

kttucker

All-American
Gold Member
Feb 22, 2006
Madison, Alabama
Active duty Army working government acquisition and have been told many times, Huntsville/Madison is the place to retire and continue working Acquisition (DoD/Contractor) or move to Auburn.

I was born and raised in Auburn and attended AU (ROTC) and my heart is to return home after serving for the past 22 years and spend the rest of my life in Auburn to raise my family.

I have a son at Madison Academy and really like it there and a wife working in the school system; do not want to screw that up.

I love the ability to find work here in a heartbeat in my profession after retirement, but Ft. Benning is not far from Auburn and I can look for options there.

The only negative of returning to Auburn is I know all the friends there that have not so well (drugs, jail, dropouts, etc) and of course, I ran the streets there back in my younger days; so I said once I established myself, I would never return to retire.

Wow, a tough decision to make....but I know regardless of what decision I make, my family will be okay with it. They have supported all the PCS, deployments, etc.

Take care Auburn family and have a bless evening.

WDE

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.